Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Bo Prime Surpass The Dual Ichors?

AridTeflon

Question

15 answers to this question

i'd say probably not, simple due to the way the Animations work.

while Shimmering Blight Clashing Forest / Flailing Branch (whoops, Shimmering Blight is Polearm :p) is some good fun, being able to just flail the blades in front of you with the Quick Strikes from Dual Swords makes Ichor more reliable, IMO.

i suppose sometimes, yes, it'll be able to top out, but it depends on how many Enemies there are around at the time, if you can take advantage of the Range and group hitting capability.

so in the end, against moderate - large groups, on paper, yes. but things get a lot more complicated to just judge overall with the varying Damage Types and bonuses / resistances on each Enemy.

Edited by taiiat

Honestly the best melee choices come down to-

Dragon Nikana

Ichors

Scoliac

Dakra

Bo Prime

Orthos Prime

Out of those, I prefer the ichors. The simple reason being is that it has access to arguably the best stance- swirling tiger. What makes it so great is that with beserker and a crit build you will build your combo meter extremely quickly, while also typically maxing out your beserker speed after give or take three full of the raking claws combo. The damage output on it is far and away better then everything else in the game (well the zorens are basically the same weapon but with physical damage)

The only reason you should really consider the others would be for pvp reasons or for the aesthetics.

Dragon Nikana

Ichors

Scoliac

Dakra

Bo Prime

Orthos Prime

Out of those, I prefer the ichors. The simple reason being is that it has access to arguably the best stance- swirling tiger. What makes it so great is that with beserker and a crit build you will build your combo meter extremely quickly, while also typically maxing out your beserker speed after give or take three full of the raking claws combo. The damage output on it is far and away better then everything else in the game (well the zorens are basically the same weapon but with physical damage)

The only reason you should really consider the others would be for pvp reasons or for the aesthetics.

I must have to be using a bad build on nikana, because, i don't feel that Dragon Nikana is any better than Dual ichor.

Dragon Nikana

Ichors

Scoliac

Dakra

Bo Prime

Orthos Prime

Hard to argue with this list...

I know I personally always end up using Dual Ichors, Dakra (main for the moment since I actually got Dervish), Scoliac, Dragon Nik. As far as which one is better? I will let the stat guys debate, for me, they are all close enough to be the same in power level. Really, the only differences for me are style and appearance over performance. 

You can't compare weapon speeds between classes.

Also, DI are base toxin, which allows base Viral for Grineer, Corrosive for Void/Infested, and pure Toxin (and shield bypass) for Corpus, which is a significant advantage.

Bo Prime would catch up considerably when using a speed boost, say on Volt or Valkyr, because DI doesn't gain as much, already having a huge benefit from Zerker.

I'm new to the game and have enjoyed Melee more so than anything else.

I come from RPG's and MMO's, so i focus on mix/maxing and getting the best of the best. So far from what i've researched, there is a lot of subjectivity to what is actually the best in this game. I understnad that this is due to fighting certain enemies and with using different warframes. That's fine and in fact allows you to gesture that certain weapons would be stronger for certain warframes.

I'd love if someone could shed some light on this. Valkyr seems to be suited the best out of any frame for Melee. Which weapon works best on her though? Also, what is the combo of mods that makes her viable to faceroll enemies with melee and never die?

I'm currently using dual zorens, which i forma'd once to get crit damage, and i'm really enjoying them. I'm leveling an ember and a Dread with them, so i'm not quite suited for melee but it works well for lower level missions.

I appreciate any help or clarity on the subject for my noobness.

Dragon Nikana

Ichors

Scoliac

Dakra

Bo Prime

Orthos Prime

You're forgetting the atterax! I think it can definitely be added to a best weapon list now, it's basically the whip version of the ichors, and the dps is actually outrageously close, it even has a high status chance too. I think Ichors still comes out on top because of swirling tiger and the pure toxin but it's very very close and has it's own niche with the giant range from whips. I think it beats out the scoliac for best whip as well.

I'd say in pure outright damage the Dual Ichors win if you can click fast enough, but the Bo Prime has way more utility.  The long reach is a lot better for windmilling through crowds and the large ground slam radius is great for controlling enemies before closing in with them.

Plus... One weapon is a hardened chunk of infested snot and the other is a beautiful gold-trimmed double ended mace.

You're forgetting the atterax! I think it can definitely be added to a best weapon list now, it's basically the whip version of the ichors, and the dps is actually outrageously close, it even has a high status chance too. I think Ichors still comes out on top because of swirling tiger and the pure toxin but it's very very close and has it's own niche with the giant range from whips. I think it beats out the scoliac for best whip as well.

can the Atterax hit multiple enemies? Also, is there a stance for it? I feel that if it hit multiple enemies with one strike, it would certainly be very powerful due to the range, crit chance and status chance.

Along with what Momaw is saying, Bo Prime seems top of the list then. From my experience in melee, you're generally surrounded my mobs, so hitting many of them at once is extremely important.

Where do you obtain Bo Prime? I assume it's a Void mission, but which one?