Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveled It, Potato'd It, Forma'd It... Then Dumped It?

mooser6

What weapons or frames have you put a lot into then decided they weren't worth keeping around?

If you dumped it after a major update like damage 2.0 or melee 2.0 please say so for clarity. Also if you're one of those who never gets rid of anything you can mention things that you maxed out but never use.

I've had a few.

- Drakgoon... I thought maxing it out would be bad a$$ but decided I hated the mechanics of it.

- Phage... Got a couple forma into it but couldn't stand the tentacles.

- Tysis... The proc chance sounded great but couldn't stand using this gun. Dumped it after 3 forma :/

- Gram... thought having a fast 2 handed sword would but cool but was pretty non pluses after having Galatine and Dakra to choose from (pre 2.0)

- I haven't yet sold any frames but Oberon will be my first. I don't think I'm going to forma him though so I guess that doesn't really apply to the thread :)

Ankyros, thinking I was going to use those until I got Venka...and then I immediately bought Venka.  I also regret buying my fragor blueprint and bothering with the normal Boltor if I was just going to buy the Boltor Prime parts.  And normal Rhino when I bought Rhino Prime parts!

Let's just say I really wish there was an option to try a weapon/frame out before buying it.

Edited by Aramanth

I keep all my stuff, excpect i delete weps/frames that I have the prime version or a better version of

*ahem*

Also if you're one of those who never gets rid of anything you can mention things that you maxed out but never use.

Anyways on to my list.

TBH I'm one of the above mentioned people, and I only put forma into weapons/frames I know I like... so here are some weapons that haven't interested me, or have ceased to interest me (they all have catalysts though).

- Anything in the Bronco series

- Torid

- Supra (I actually do have some forma in this one, stopped using completely after Damage 2.0)

- Hind

- Hek (after damage fall-off nerf)

- Latron (not primed, also have a forma or 2 in this as it was an old favorite of mine in U6 and 7, [in bad scottish accent] but it can't do it captain, it doesn't have the power [/end scottish accent]. Too much recoil, not enough damage/mag size/reload speed/fire rate last I used it)

- Flux Rifle (no forma, lost interest after damage 2.0, felt like it should have been mostly puncture damage)

That's all I can think of right now.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I did it with Gorgon in U8. Leveled, catalyst in, sold after a while when realised Boltor out DPS it and then build again when it was about to get out of market and sold when got wraith

Dual Heat Swords in U8 as well. Used catalyst and then sold when realised power of charge attacks on heavy weapons.

Rhino, 3 forma, rank 29... Then the Prime teaser was released...

Kunai, potato 3 forma when I hadn't heard about Despair.

Stopped using Soma because of Boltor Prime's significantly better ammo economy.

I want to use Boar Prime... But I can't find a build which gives me what I like... (Hoping cold/status mod will make my knockback flack-cannon a reality)

the only weapon i've potatoed, formad and dumped was the soma.

i liked it initially, but after getting it up to 5 polarized slots i found myself using the latron prime far more often. (with only 4 polarized slots)

lately however, i find myself running with aklex and whatever melee weapon i'm enjoying currently. no primary unless i'm doing t4. and then it's either latron prime or boltor prime. (for obvious reasons)

Also if you're one of those who never gets rid of anything you can mention things that you maxed out but never use.

Yeah, that's me.

Now, my list:

Warframes (I have all, prime and otherwise):

Ember Prime (Forma'd my Ember, and like that build much better)

Banshee (Would like to use her again, but she wasn't fun last time I used her - haven't used since the channeling update)

Nyx (Not my style most of the time)

Trinity (That Blessing nerf was bad)

Valkyr (I love her, but she needs a buff)

Volt

Excalibur/Prime (I just don't use any Excali stuffs. Needs a bit of a buff)

Non-prime version of primed 'frames.

Non-Ash frames.

Primaries:

Drakgoon (loved for a while, then found weapons I prefered)

Cernos

Flux Rifle

Ogris (Too much boom and damage, not fun)

Paris (Got primed...)

Penta (Too much boom and damage, not fun)

Tygris (Not my favorite shotgun)

Vectis (snipers need a buff)

Soma (Too much damage, not fun)

Paris Prime (I have a Dread.)

Secondaries:

Cestra

Ballistica

Twin Vipers (Got wraithed)

Tysis

Melee:

Nothing - I use all my of my melees, and I have a lot (I have always used mostly melee, even prior to Melee 2.0)

HA! Nearly every weapon i have ever used? I tend to at least potato every weapon so I can get a good idea about how it works with mods to really compare.

I used to do that but now all of my maxed so I pretty much know what Im going to get if I potato something or not. Most wpns that I *think* I'll keep I'll potato right away... some of those didnt end up that way tho for reasons other than performance usually.

I should have added another category for wpns that were forma'd just for fun.

For me that would be Kraken (because Hydroid), Braton (because it was my first upgraded primary), Supra (spraying dem lazurs such satisfy), and Ignis (cause it demolishes mid level mobs without even trying)

Synapse- 1 Forma dumped after Amprex release

Gorgan- 1 Forma but i was a noob and didn't even know how to mod back then

Nami Skyla- Even with 1.2 Attack it was just physically slow.

Braton- Obvious

Lato- Obvious

Skana- You get the idea

Mire- Was a noob and didn't know how to mod

... and Ignis (cause it demolishes mid level mobs without even trying)

One of my friends forma'd Ignis 6 times, he's just a bit ensane. It demolishes infected even at levels 30-40. Then again, all his primaries he uses has AT LEAST four formas.

One of my friends forma'd Ignis 6 times, he's just a bit ensane. It demolishes infected even at levels 30-40. Then again, all his primaries he uses has AT LEAST four formas. 

Whoops!

One of my friend, he's a bit insane, has forma'd ignus six times; it demolishes infected. Then again, all his primaries he actually uses has AT LEAST four forma.

Now I got it. :)