Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveled It, Potato'd It, Forma'd It... Then Dumped It?

mooser6

I do my research on weapons and Warframes before they are completed and that usually gives me an idea of weather or not to potato it.

I did get ride of my potatoed Galatine, Nikana turned into Dragon Nikana (2 Catalysts), Orthos, Paris (2 FORMA). Furax and soon the Vectis and possible my AKLEX.

Have not gotten rid of any of my Warframes but am thinking about getting ride of Trinity, like the Galatine, sucks now.

I've sold most weapons that are no on par with some of the more powerful ones I got. That being like Strun Wraith and Soma. If a weapon doesn't get to those power levels quickly enough I just have no use for it. I don't even bother with a Forma or Catalyst with those weapons.

So I rank it to 30 and sell it.

For melee weapons I've nearly sold ALL of them. With the Exception of Galatine and Wraith Machete. So I just keep them on me till they are rank 30 and then sell it. Buy a new melee weapon and repeat the process.

But for just Catalyst weapons that I've sold.

Braton that I got from a starting package.

Scindo

Latron, got Latron Prime

Vasto or well, made Dual Vasto

Lex made Dual Lex

Ember

Mag

Frost

Vauban

I'd want to put Loki on the list but I didn't even bother with Reactor on him. pfft.

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment. At the moment I several of my old Catalyst weapons because I got room for them. In hope that they might get good again.

Boltor Prime.  I put a potato into it and I know it's strong but it just feels inaccurate and I hate the travel time, it just feels bad to use.  I'd rather use my Amprex, Soma, Paris Prime, or possibly potato my Burston/Latron Prime.  Add to that I have a Brakk in the offhand and I don't really like close range single target weapons.

Poor Loki. Seems like him and Braton are a couple of the more common supercharged then tossed items. We are all noobs at some point I guess... gotta get some forma on dat gun to equip max ammo drum! ;)

Loki was my first frame and still one of my favorites (alongside Volt) I'll never ditch him, even if I manage to grind enough to build the prime.

I keep everything. Even if it sucks. I am a completionist.i want to have everything possible.

youre not a completionist ... youre a collector 

why is it so thatz whenever the interwebz learns a new word they automatially use it cause its a cool soundign word

if you were an actual completionist then you wouldnt play warframe at all because it has no real ending 

anyways ... i havent done anything like that but i wonder if i should forma brakk, despair, synapse OR amprex 

Reading what people sell saddens me. Boltor Prime?! I have both the boltor and boltor prime, I can't imagine selling either...and they are so useful in certain cases. I love the pistol version as well.

I don't get selling the normal warframe after getting the prime variant either...don't you get sick of having a frame that has perma-gold on it? I swap between my normal/prime versions all the time, since it's little more than a skinning difference. I guess if you are super limited on slots it makes sense. Right now I have every frame except 2 or 3. I still need to get Frost, Frost Prime, and I think one other, then I'll have the full set up to now. Banshee is the only one I never use, otherwise I rotate through them all...and selling Banshee would be silly to me, because she will get an overhaul down the round, around the corner, etc ;)

Same with 'crappy' guns - I don't sell them (aside from being a collector), because those guns can always get rebalanced too. I only forma guns I like (I forma almost every frame), and I potato almost everything (every frame for sure, and about half my weapons).

I treat this game like Poke'mon though. Even the most worthless item still has its spot in my museum ;) and you never know when you might get bored enough to bust out Ex Prime, skana, and braton for the hell of it. Not every mission needs to be serious. Have fun, see how far a team using only bratons can get. People are too darn serious about things. The object should be 'fun', not 'best build' (at least, not always). The braton vandal to this day, is still one if the best sounding weapons.

Supercharged Glaive and got whirlwind, power throw, killing blow, fury, pressure point, and the no bounce mod almost all maxed. Then DE removed charge damage. I don't use my glaive or galatine anymore. T.T Haven't sold any frames, might sell ash for valkyr. sold all my noobie weps and braton along with lex. Sold kunai, dual zorens, orthos (hated it), dual ethers, and my dread.

I never really sell off stuff I put a potato into, but I have stopped using stuff that just didn't cut it for me.

Galatine - Melee 2.0 made one of the best weapons ever into one of the worst. It's okay, I found better melee weapons.

AkLex - Slightly better than the Lex, but I shouldn't have potato'd the pistols. Those things were a super pain to grind to 30 at the time.

Ignis/Flux Rifle - Flamethrowers should be awesome. Laser rifles should be awesome. These weapons are not. So meh-tastic it hurts.

Akstilletos - A fun set of pistols, but they burn through ammo too fast, and don't hit well enough. Twin Gremlins are superior, and I barely use them as is. At least Twin Gremlins look like nail guns.

Hate - Such a meh scythe. Get a Reaper Prime instead.

Seer - Garbage pistol not worth the effort I put into farming for the parts for it. Seriously, never, ever farm for this. It's not worth it. Ever. It's like a Lex, but worst.

Seer - Garbage pistol not worth the effort I put into farming for the parts for it. Seriously, never, ever farm for this. It's not worth it. Ever. It's like a Lex, but worst.

The Seer is alright. Not the best pistol, but it does its job well (sniping, all-round damage, a bit versatile). No need for Forma to make it decent, but just one Orokin Catalyst. 

Galatine - Melee 2.0 made one of the best weapons ever into one of the worst. It's okay, I found better melee weapons.

Akstilletos - A fun set of pistols, but they burn through ammo too fast, and don't hit well enough. Twin Gremlins are superior, and I barely use them as is. At least Twin Gremlins look like nail guns.

Hate - Such a meh scythe. Get a Reaper Prime instead.

I don't get why so much hate (huehuehuehue) for these three.

The galatine is still quite effective even without the charge dmg.

Askilletos? do u even viper bro?

Hate's pretty much identical to the reaper prime. Although for me it's appearance wise, but overall it's a very effective weapon.

Hek my old favourite gun. Used to be the best thing in Warframe. Currently collecting dust until the shotgun revamp. Sometimes used for nostalgia

Burston I have a 5 forma'd burston I made for lulz but ended up liking the burst mechanic. Replaced with Burston Prime and never used again

Lex once the best pistol in the game, redundant due to power creep

Kunai/Hikou former beasts, since redundant due to power creep. Never got Despair

Acrid dmg 2.0

Flux Rifle dmg 2.0

Galatine dmg 2.0

Dragon Nikana I don't even know what I was thinking

The Seer is alright. Not the best pistol, but it does its job well (sniping, all-round damage, a bit versatile). No need for Forma to make it decent, but just one Orokin Catalyst. 

There are so many better pistols you can make than the Seer. Magnus, Vasto, the Ak versions, the bestest single pistol ever Marelok... The Seer is too damn meh for the number of times I had to farm Vor to get the parts for it. It's slow, it has a reload that's somewhere on the neighborhood of glacier speeds, and it is out performed by plenty of better pistols.

I don't get why so much hate (huehuehuehue) for these three.

The galatine is still quite effective even without the charge dmg.

Askilletos? do u even viper bro?

Hate's pretty much identical to the reaper prime. Although for me it's appearance wise, but overall it's a very effective weapon.

1. Galatine just isn't the beast it once was. Much easier to go Orthos or Orthos Prime and just be a blender of death.

2. Do I viper? No. That would require me to hate bullets. As I said above, there are plenty of good choices for secondaries that aren't Akstilletos or Seer. Ammo efficiency and High Damage is just all-round better than Low Damage Bullet Hoses with no range or Slow shooting pistols that hit halfway decently and take too long to reload.

3. Reaper Prime's a bit better, not by much, but enough that the Hate is just... meh-average. And it's too slow for my tastes. Reaper Prime's got a slightly better speed, and that makes it the better choice. Or get an Orthos or Orthos Prime, and kill EVERYTHING.

Edited by Salenstormwing

There are so many better pistols you can make than the Seer. Magnus, Vasto, the Ak versions, the bestest single pistol ever Marelok... The Seer is too damn meh for the number of times I had to farm Vor to get the parts for it. It's slow, it has a reload that's somewhere on the neighborhood of glacier speeds, and it is out performed by plenty of better pistols.

If it works in a firefight, it is good. 

Then again, I am more of a combat pragmatist, so probably almost any weapon that can perform well in a fight would be good to me. 

Dual Zoren - back in the day mainstay because of coptering,these days it cant even do that well anymore

Dragon Nikana - after weeks of nonstop earth farming I just gave up,I dont know how laughably small the drop chances for tranquil cleave are but it cant be worth all the frustration and boredom I went through

WAT.

Zoren are SICK when critspeed specced.

And throwing a DRAGON nikana just cause you can't get tranquil cleave... Just get the other stance from Dark Sectors, I got like 3 in one run as Nekros..

-snip-

AkLex - Slightly better than the Lex, but I shouldn't have potato'd the pistols. Those things were a super pain to grind to 30 at the time.

-snip-

hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, seeker

+whatever type of build you want

and these things are a MONSTER.

better accuracy than the marelok that everybody seems to love. (it's just inaccurate enough at range for me to have sold it immediately upon hitting 30 with it) decent clip size @ 12 - reload that isn't totally abysmal, but the stopping power w/ seeker is just absolutely fun.

and i can't get over how much i love the SOUND of these things.

but to each his own.

Gorgon. It was fun, but now it's gathering dust. I didn't sell it only because it's potatoed.

Braton Prime. I potatoed it and I'm keeping it only because it's a prime.

Vectis. Potatoed and one forma, now waiting for sniper rebalance.

Boltor. 3 formas in. I keep it because it's the primary that carried me through whole solar system back in the day.

And then there's Karak. Sitting in my inventory. I plan to forma it a couple times in the future, but right now there's more important stuff to focus on.

Karak is great.

Only one weapon I have ever bumped after using formas (only two) and catalyst, the Stug.

One day it made me so mad, I kept downing myself because of either lag or not correct use of the weapon... Then I sold it after mission.

But I don't regret it, Angstrum is more funnier.

Synapse- 1 Forma dumped after Amprex release

Bad move.

I have every frame and every weapon in the game with the exception of the new loki prime garbage, most frames have been min maxed for a specific purpose and have 2-6 formas in them.  Weapons have been leveled some with potatoes some just for mastery, a bunch have multiple formas and over the last 120 hours of gameplay I have used 5 things

Saryn - 5 forma

Synapse - 6 forma

Brakk - 5 forma

Dual Ichor - 2 forma

Soma - 5 Forma

Everything else is junk to me and I hardly doubt Ill use any of it again.

I haven't put the work into any weapon i didn't like without the potato.  There are a few sitting un-used though I just cant take getting rid of even though they've been power-creeped I can't bring myself to sell any thing with a potato or forma.

A week after I put my 3rd forma on the Lex the Brakk is rewarded, then AkLex, then Lex Prime.  But I have no use for carrying Lex since shotgun primaries are so outclassed by the Brakk, I don't need the ranged secondary.

My original Boltor has 1 forma haven't sold it even though i have a Boltor Prime

4 or 5 forma on Strun Wraith, just doesn't do what it did pre-damage 2.0 so goes unused.

I did sell the Grakata for room after 1 forma.  I liked it but saw no need to ever use it, since it is just a Soma Jr.  I don't understand those who say they hate the Soma but love the Grakata.  I generally just don't like the look of Grineer weapons.

I understand selling a weapon you put time into that is the victim of power creep but one that was nerfed?  The Shotguns, or Acrid or Flux Rifle.  Just seems to be setting up for rage if they ever get re-buffed.

I haven't put the work into any weapon i didn't like without the potato.  There are a few sitting un-used though I just cant take getting rid of even though they've been power-creeped I can't bring myself to sell any thing with a potato or forma.

A week after I put my 3rd forma on the Lex the Brakk is rewarded, then AkLex, then Lex Prime.  But I have no use for carrying Lex since shotgun primaries are so outclassed by the Brakk, I don't need the ranged secondary.

My original Boltor has 1 forma haven't sold it even though i have a Boltor Prime

4 or 5 forma on Strun Wraith, just doesn't do what it did pre-damage 2.0 so goes unused.

I did sell the Grakata for room after 1 forma.  I liked it but saw no need to ever use it, since it is just a Soma Jr.  I don't understand those who say they hate the Soma but love the Grakata.  I generally just don't like the look of Grineer weapons.

I understand selling a weapon you put time into that is the victim of power creep but one that was nerfed?  The Shotguns, or Acrid or Flux Rifle.  Just seems to be setting up for rage if they ever get re-buffed.

If those ever get rebuffed I just deal with it then rebuild them.

Edited by Momo93