Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveled It, Potato'd It, Forma'd It... Then Dumped It?

mooser6

WAT.

Zoren are SICK when critspeed specced.

And throwing a DRAGON nikana just cause you can't get tranquil cleave... Just get the other stance from Dark Sectors, I got like 3 in one run as Nekros..

I know that the Zoren are still decent dmg wise,thing is thats never what I used them for and for coptering there are just better alternatives around

As for the Nikana...I tried.

Actually I was alternating between Earth and DS farming for the stance-mods.

Lucky as I am it nothing ever dropped.

After that looking at the damn thing just made me rage far too much to still keep it around at the off-chance that I actually might finally get the drop.

Dont even get me started on all the crap I wasted on transmutation for it(just to get an overwhelming amount of ammo-drums and other common crap,RNG has no mercy).

I know that the Zoren are still decent dmg wise,thing is thats never what I used them for and for coptering there are just better alternatives around

*SNIP*

Actually I was alternating between Earth and DS farming for the stance-mods.

I never liked the charge function for melee so for me Dual Zorens were my weapon of choice not just for coptering but I felt they were up close to the top for non-charge damage due to their multi-target and hit speed.  Back then a cold build with stunning speed could stunlock most bosses.

Since melee and damage 2.0 it is frankly not that far behind dual ichors and I think it is above fang prime in overall use.  Yeah some of the polearms are better at coptering now, but DZ are still good at it.

I was farming and selling tranquil cleave right after they were released I was getting 1 about every other 15 minute run on earth.  I was keeping a maxxed one for myself but got an offer for 40 plat so I sold it thinking i'd just go get another.  HOURS of earth survival later haven't seen another one.

As for the Nikana...I tried.

I think I get what you mean. Once I got the Dragon Nikana to 30 I never used it again - not because it was bad but because it didn't serve any purpose for me. I've got Orthos Prime for slicing crowds, Jat Kittag for ragdolls, Dual Ethers for killing while coptering, Ichors for single-target critspam mashing, and Kestrel for distance crowd control. Some others I kept because they're fun to use (such as the Scoliac or Machete Wraith), but Dragon Nikana was neither specialized nor was it enjoyable.

The Angstrum might not end being worth it.  My goal is a 6-7 forma build only 2 into it.  I'm not so motivated to level it up over and over with a 7 forma Penta.  I really do want a seeker build Angstrum though, so we will see.

Potatoe and keep every frame (except regular Meg, Frost and Ember), forma almost every one. Get bored of one - play another, even the broken or useless ones, like Valk**, Oberon* or Ember***(I think its the only one I put 3 formas in trying to make her decent)  

Valk was the most used one (14%) before U12 broke her ult.

Weapons

Vectis**   - kinda useless since u11, LatronP is a better marksman weapon, or the bows 

Soma**  - got bored of it to death long time ago

Boltor*** - like it (looks better than prime to me) but its damage it not enough for high levels, primed version replaced it

Sybaris*** - I wanted to totally max it, but I cant stand the sound for long, its too damn loud

bunch of other weapons I potatoed and formad 1-2 times but got bored of, sometimes use them for variety

What weapons or frames have you put a lot into then decided they weren't worth keeping around?

If you dumped it after a major update like damage 2.0 or melee 2.0 please say so for clarity. Also if you're one of those who never gets rid of anything you can mention things that you maxed out but never use.

I've had a few.

- Drakgoon... I thought maxing it out would be bad a$$ but decided I hated the mechanics of it.

- Phage... Got a couple forma into it but couldn't stand the tentacles.

- Tysis... The proc chance sounded great but couldn't stand using this gun. Dumped it after 3 forma :/

- Gram... thought having a fast 2 handed sword would but cool but was pretty non pluses after having Galatine and Dakra to choose from (pre 2.0)

- I haven't yet sold any frames but Oberon will be my first. I don't think I'm going to forma him though so I guess that doesn't really apply to the thread :)

I don't get rid of any of my weapons.  Slots are cheap enough that it's not a big deal to keep them.

I wont tater tot or forma a weapon/fame unless i know ill use it after 30. I was forced to give up my potato'd Galentine after Melee 2.0 after it became useless though.

And then when they re-balance the Galentine again, you will be sad you sold something you put that effort and plat into? I don't get this line of thinking from fellow WF players...they are always re-balancing stuff, but people assume "one balance, done, sell item" - just to see them re-balance it again down the road. If you are out of slots, I understand it. Otherwise, I see it as "ok, they broke this item, but this is WF...it will get tweaked again". Like Banshee, she has been pretty bad for awhile, but we know she will get overhauled, so no way am I selling her off.

What I see about WF, is any item can be changed - your current fave could be nerfed tomorrow, and your crappiest weapon could be buffed tomorrow. This is another reason I keep anything and everything (again, if you need slots and don't like spending plat on them, of course just keep what you currently like. I mostly use plat for slots, since I don't buy items from other players, so slots were never an issue for me).

And so many people posting that a particular frame is "useless", it becomes apparent how many people just don't know how to play a specific frame. Rhino is easy to use, Valkyr takes more effort - neither is better, one just takes more thought to make play well, it's called advanced over noob play (this is just a rant, not talking about your post here, or your play style Stubby - just observations on the odd things people post in this overall thread).

Acrid. ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ 6 Forma.

And that was back in the day when you could not take off other weapons/sentinel. Plus the exp distribution was different.

Same with 4 forma Flux and 5 forma synapse. (-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩___-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩-̩̩̩)

Although, I didn't get rid of any of them! Still use them from time to time... but yeah, dust.

Edited by Pixydis

I put a Catalsyst on a couple things that I sold early in.

I figured I'd "always" keep my first MK1-Braton around, and if not the Lato, then the Aklato, so I put a Catalyst on the Aklato, too.

I put a Reactor and Forma on my Loki and chances are I'm going to sell him once I get a Loki Prime built, so that was perhaps foolish.  I'll have to wait and see if their designs are significantly different myself, pictures aren't cutting it.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

Despair...i liked the kunai and formad my despair 3 times...now i dont use em anymore

2 formad Galatine was killed for me by melee 2.0

Vectis got a forma but i discovered the Paris Prime and liked it waaaaay more

attaining the 19 (last i checked) slots required to have all warframes. (assuming non-prime versions of warframes are replaced and subsequently dropped) isn't unreasonable. 

but 150+ slots (72 some-odd purchases @ 12p each) is an absurd waste of platinum.

i guess if you have it to burn and you're all about the collection mentality, more power to ya.

i think i have 30 or so weapon slots over the course of my play, and i've finished every weapon / warframe that i had access to. 

(meaning all but the event items / founder items)

leaves me all the warframes and enough slots for all the weaponry i enjoy.

but... you're talking about 850+ platinum in weapon slots to be able to keep everything.

I put 4 or 5 formas into my Snipetron Vandal.  Haven't used it since.  I'm just not into sniper rifles anymore.

I have a potato and 5 formas into a flux rifle that I haven't touched since Damage 2.0.  Ditto Acrid and Despair, maybe only 3 or 4 formas in them.  

My 3-forma Hek and 4-forma Strun Wraith are collecting dust, though I used them frequently pre-nerfs.

I have some other weapons with catalysts but no formas that I never used much.  Same for frames, though I have have so many reactors that nowadays I always throw one in as soon as it's made.