Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveled It, Potato'd It, Forma'd It... Then Dumped It?

mooser6

What if you thought it through, but it got nerfed?

Just a question.

My gorgon has 6 formas, and it was underpowered from the start.

EVERYTHING should have a reason. You youngsters doing #YOLO is just a phase you'll look back at as the dumbest thing you ever did, much like everyone has displayed it in this thread.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

My gorgon has 6 formas, and it was underpowered from the start.

EVERYTHING should have a reason. You youngsters doing #YOLO is just a phase you'll look back at as the dumbest thing you ever did, much like everyone has displayed it in this thread.

Lol. I don't ever have anything I really regret doing. I just build Dual Vipers; ranked them to 30 and never touched them again.

Lol. I don't ever have anything I really regret doing. I just build Dual Vipers; ranked them to 30 and never touched them again.

I'm guessing your need for argument overpowers the need to read thread titles, so please, focus your willpower on the second one and try again.

Acrid not listed yet?

I still have mine but it seriously hurt to go back and look at from time to time. I wanna keep it in case they buff it (I applied so much Forma to it when it was actually hard-hitting) even though I have doubts they ever will.

I'm guessing your need for argument overpowers the need to read thread titles, so please, focus your willpower on the second one and try again.

What? I'm not starting anything dude.

Where did that come from?

What if you thought it through, but it got nerfed?

>>Just a question.<<

Edit:

You know what. It just occurred to me every time I try to make decent discussion another person gets so bloody salty and it's just so tedious right now. So you know what instead of stepping on me for trying to actually make things less about "Oh lAWL U SUCK CUZ I THINK MY OPINION IS FACT" why not actually look at the kind of "discussion" that goes on now.

I'm absolutely sick to death of it. Just stop.

Edited by Sutherland

There are a lot of reasons why a weapon Might have got forma'd then shelved or dumped, all of which are covered by various respondents of this thread.

Failure to plan or YOLO are a couple of them I guess, but I don't think anybody actually listed those as reasons why they dumped said weapon/frame.

I put 5 forma into my Braton just for fun. I keep it around but never really use it. Every once in a while I bring it out on some missions just to hear that Braton sound. It's also amusing to see noobs mystified by how easily I kill stuff with my gun. Of course I don't mention about the forma to them :)

Again, this has nothing to do with weather you're collecting or not. Its about which weapons or frames you put a potato and/or forma into then later sold *or stopped using*. I think most people got it but more than a few have missed the OP.

I find I am really not liking a lot (a lot) of the Clan Tech weapons, and a lot of them (a lot) require Formae to build.  I posted about it pretty recently.

I count every freakin' one of those lame-duck Clan Tech weapons as honorary Dumpers for this thread.  Spectra, Dual Cestra, Lanka, Phage, Embolist...

(Formae Overuse in Clan Tech: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/257056-anybody-else-sick-of-this-clan-tech-formae-etc/)

I find I am really not liking a lot (a lot) of the Clan Tech weapons, and a lot of them (a lot) require Formae to build.  I posted about it pretty recently.

I count every freakin' one of those lame-duck Clan Tech weapons as honorary Dumpers for this thread.  Spectra, Dual Cestra, Lanka, Phage, Embolist...

(Formae Overuse in Clan Tech: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/257056-anybody-else-sick-of-this-clan-tech-formae-etc/)

Phage when modded correctly is a beast, you just need to know how to use it due to its unique mechanic. Two words: punch through.

Forgot about those! Technically if you built it and just leveled it yo 30 then got rid of it, you've thrown away a forma. So yeah that qualifies! BTW I completely agree with you re forma use in building clan tech.

I've put a potato and three forma into the Flux Rifle, but can't remember the last time I used it. Haven't sold it due to the amount of grind I've put into it so far, but it's crossed my mind. And who knows, it might see some lovin' from the devs one day. I also recently potatoed and leveled the Grakata but didn't really like the feel of it, and my God the ammo economy...! It got sold to make way for something else.

I generally keep weapons that fulfil a niche in my arsenal or are just good fun to use (commonly a mixture of both).

I have kept 90% of the weapons in the game and I still have every warframe I have used, I am a bit of a hoarder in that sense.

I did sell off weapons like the Hind or the braton, junk like those though.

Some weapons I liked at first but have lost interest in are:

-Flux rifle:  It was awesome when it came out, but now it just feels so outclassed.

-Phage:  The mechanics of having to aim the beams in is just to slow it annoys me, otherwise I'd use it more often.

-Braton Prime:  It was never an amazing gun, but I liked it for awhile when it was first added, but haven't used it in a long time.

-Braton Vandal:  Got this a short time after I started playing, it kicked the crap out of any other weapons i could get at the time so I pretty much used just this for the first few months I played the game.  This was also before forma and the current mod system.  Also it got hit with the nerf bat.

-Ogris:  Still a great weapon, but the Penta came along and just feels more useful. 

-Dual gremlins:  They were great when added and they just sound badass, but are another weapon that are just outclassed now, or at least I have found others that fit me better.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre