Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas For A 5Th Warframe Ability

Bayle_Fire

Although I can more then bet that a thread like this was already created... But I really don't know if it has been done.

So what do you guys think?

Here I'll start... A fifth ability for Frost would be...

Ice Thrust- Launches a large stalagmite of ice dealing heavy damage to everything in its path (can impale enemies to walls)

(I'd say stick this ability between Frost's 3rd and 4th existing abilities)

^Think of it as like a Dread arrow on steroids

Ember?

Singe- Ember is healed from all fire damage she takes

(stick this ability between Ember's 1st and 2th existing abilities)

Saryn?

Excrete- Sayrn emits toxins from her frame that paralyses enemies that get close to her.

(Should go between her 2nd and 3rd abilities)

Don't like the ability ideas I'm tossing out? Feel free to suggest something else!

What I'm trying to get at is abilities that are fitting for the "theme" of the Warframe. They don't necessarily have to be an "ultimate" ability like the last existing ability the Warframes currently have (Frost's Avalanche).... Weather it's pure utility or a new "ultimate" ability... It must fit with the frame's "theme."

(Also try not to go too crazy... I don't want a person saying for Nova that a 5th ability makes everything explode like breakables, barrels, enemies, etc.)

Give your ability a name too! Please state what kind level of threat the ability is too (as in is it a new ultimate (Goes after the 4th ability) or a new 1st/2nd/3rd ability)

As zergla says, even if yout idea is not bad, DE will have to take a look at the warframe slots. We already barely have enough to make an efficient build based on 1-2 abilities over the 4. So a 5th ... Would be one more option, sure be no one (almost) would run with 5 abilities at once

Sorry to be a bit mean but there is a whole section of the forum called FAN CONCEPTS.

This belongs in there and will hopefully get moved shortly.

Though it is sometimes a little bit vague what should be in general discussion this is most definitely a fan idea/concept or suggestion.

Here is a link for you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/89-fan-concepts/

Please post further ideas in there.

Adding addition frame abilities is an interesting idea, are you suggesting these abilities became an option to be swapped out with ones of a similar standing? 

To use an idea you've made;

For Saryn Excrete will be an option to use instead of Molt or Contagion, as you have suggested it an equal tier of strength/utility.

If this be the case, such an idea an interesting one, as it will allow the build upon existing Warframes without needless addition of Warframes in similar nature to cover small gaps.

However if you're suggesting an increase in the number of abilities to be utilized by each frame in was mission from the current four to five or greater, I feel this is not a course that will be beneficial. Valfunde stated a point: currently the community find there to be insufficient slots for modules currently available. Increasing the number of abilities to be used simultaneously would only exacerbate the problem.  

If you intend for all  of these to be used at once, DE would need to re-work the Warframe mod slot layout.

If you mean you can replace one of the Frame's existing abilities with the mod for one of these... that might be interesting.

This would be almost impossible for PS4 users, because we use the touch pad for our skills. Up, Down, Left, and Right, then the press of the touch pad is map. Making a new direction, or switching out map for a skill could lead to complications in execution, because half the time I try to use a skill, I end up pressing too hard and the map shows up. I also know that the controls are customizable, but putting another skill would just be overbearing. the only place it could be is to replace map.

I do like the idea, though. Makes me wish there were more buttons on my PS4 controller.

Edited by (PS4)Daddy_Sausages

This would be almost impossible for PS4 users, because we use the touch pad for our skills. Up, Down, Left, and Right, then the press of the touch pad is map. Making a new direction, or switching out map for a skill could lead to complications in execution, because half the time I try to use a skill, I end up pressing too hard and the map shows up. I also know that the controls are customizable, but putting another skill would just be overbearing. the only place it could be is to replace map.

I do like the idea, though. Makes me wish there were more buttons on my PS4 controller.

Diagonal