Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto-Kill Mechanic(?) At The End Of Survival Missions

magusat999

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but for all intents and purposes it feels like one. The air runs out, the screen has that red border. You are trying to make it to extraction, but you have to wade through enemies. You use your ability - fr example Nyx's Absorb. It does NOTHING. Then you just die. I am hoping this is a bug and not made purposely like that. Why go through the whole motion of using the ability only to find it's useless? Why are we not given time to get to extraction? Hoping for a fix or some tweaking here.

You are meant to get to extraction before you run out of air. 

Not a bug.

Haha exactly right! By the time your life support is that low you should be literally meters from extraction... So you can run onto it and go also I wouldn't use absorb in that situation anyway.. Just use chaos then run.

the extraction part has bugs time how long it takes for your shields to deplete in normal survival vs void survival id say the time difference between the two is a bug or a oversight at the least....

plus absorb is perfectly viable to use when you got no air been using that technique since survival came in

Guest Tehnoobshow

I'm guessing at that part of the mission it disables the immunity part of Absorb so you don't use it to stay alive forever

Well you'll run out of energy eventually... Also you can get hurt while casting Absorb, so you might die if you're low on hp when casting it.

Well thanks for the info - snarky or not it's still helps. I reported this in the way I did because I DIDN'T KNOW if it were a feature or a bug. You PLAYERS are telling me what you THINK based on your experience - but it is still up to DE to decide if it is indeed a little merciless and needs tweaking. People will learn to play Survival better - but that includes asking questions, tyvm. No shame in asking questions and as this is the bug area the question is skewed towards DE and not people with issues (this is not Players Helping Players or the General area... so the post was not for you, but thanks anyway).

In any case, there are a lot of instances where it looks like the squad will have no trouble refilling the air, so they are NOT that close to extraction - and for some reason they are wrong. Some squads have one person running the air - sometimes something happens with that, and the squad is too far from extraction (those are examples - there are hundreds of ways to miss that window and don't act like it never happened to you... well maybe it did because you just talk about the game and never actually play it???). When the screen goes red, you are still alive - so why not let us continue to function? MY EXPERIENCE is 4 times, the screen went red, and using an ability, SUCH AS Absorb did nothing. It should still do something. The killing afterwards was from enemies that did not receive damage (all of them) attacking me with my 5 health - they should have been all dead.

Saying "everybody should be near the extraction point" is assuming that everything is perfect (as you imagine only) and that people are playing the same way all the time. There are different play-styles and different scenarios, different issues that arise. The game should be adaptable to a good number of them, nobody should expect that the way you say it should be is the way it should be every game. And BTW - I have played Survival for a long time - I had a hiatus (a few months) came back, and it just seems different at the end then it used to be. I play long sessions - I'm not talking the air running out in 20 minutes! 30 seconds is not a very long time at all - especially with you shields / health running out, abilities stopped, and mobs of high level enemies crowding you. You also have to take into account which frame you are - is Rhino more viable at that time than say, Nyx??? It isn't that simple or easy - but it's certainly fixable And in a mode that ca cost you an hour or more of play, gathering resources, etc. it should be way more forgiving than it is, I don't care how hardcore a player you are - time spent is still time spent.

Well thanks for the info - snarky or not it's still helps. I reported this in the way I did because I DIDN'T KNOW if it were a feature or a bug. You PLAYERS are telling me what you THINK based on your experience - but it is still up to DE to decide if it is indeed a little merciless and needs tweaking. People will learn to play Survival better - but that includes asking questions, tyvm. No shame in asking questions and as this is the bug area the question is skewed towards DE and not people with issues (this is not Players Helping Players or the General area... so the post was not for you, but thanks anyway).

In any case, there are a lot of instances where it looks like the squad will have no trouble refilling the air, so they are NOT that close to extraction - and for some reason they are wrong. Some squads have one person running the air - sometimes something happens with that, and the squad is too far from extraction (those are examples - there are hundreds of ways to miss that window and don't act like it never happened to you... well maybe it did because you just talk about the game and never actually play it???). When the screen goes red, you are still alive - so why not let us continue to function? MY EXPERIENCE is 4 times, the screen went red, and using an ability, SUCH AS Absorb did nothing. It should still do something. The killing afterwards was from enemies that did not receive damage (all of them) attacking me with my 5 health - they should have been all dead.

Saying "everybody should be near the extraction point" is assuming that everything is perfect (as you imagine only) and that people are playing the same way all the time. There are different play-styles and different scenarios, different issues that arise. The game should be adaptable to a good number of them, nobody should expect that the way you say it should be is the way it should be every game. And BTW - I have played Survival for a long time - I had a hiatus (a few months) came back, and it just seems different at the end then it used to be. I play long sessions - I'm not talking the air running out in 20 minutes! 30 seconds is not a very long time at all - especially with you shields / health running out, abilities stopped, and mobs of high level enemies crowding you. You also have to take into account which frame you are - is Rhino more viable at that time than say, Nyx??? It isn't that simple or easy - but it's certainly fixable And in a mode that ca cost you an hour or more of play, gathering resources, etc. it should be way more forgiving than it is, I don't care how hardcore a player you are - time spent is still time spent.

dude, you got to face reality, when oxigen runs out you need to be near extraction or at least one of your team, because things will get grim, and if you feel like this is not a good mechanic, well write down some feedback in the feedback section... it's not a bug, it's just a mechanic

next time that you run a 1h survival you can die like a moron or decide to be smart and avoid all the trouble being near the extraction point

in my opinion (yes my opinion) this bug is simply related to some connection issue, when you reach high levels in survival the enemies tend to agglomerate and they just make some people lag... you probably activated the absorb and you died because you were lagging and the absorb wasn't fast enough to activate...consider hiding and activating chaos next time 

said been said, good luck with your report and survivals and stuff

Edited by Regar

you lagged.. yippy kay ey mother * * * * * * big deal from my experience if your at 15% no life supports around.. head to extract dont try and kill just run like a chicken with your head cut off. also.. your given plenty of notice as to when your running low on life support.. when it hits 0.. you lose life and shields till your at 5 hp.. thats not a bug thats on purpose so of course you'll get 1 hit if you lag before casting an ability

In no way do I see it as merciless.. you are given life support aka oxygen. It runs out = you suffocate for the purpose of extraction you are given just a tiny bit of life to make it that little bit extra to extraction, as it's generally understood that you shouldn't be half way across the map when you're almost out, its plain and simple! The lotus' voice over tells you at like 17% or around there somewhere to get to extract, people need to listen to that and do it.

Yes survival changes with every match depending on the player skill, frames used, MR obviously, weapons etc.. you should be able to judge that at the start of the round and depending on how much people go down, In most survivals I've been involved in the players agree to a time and aim for it.  As for going on an attacking spree against the people who have commented, we've commented to help you and tell you based on our experience so yes in regards to this "(well maybe it did because you just talk about the game and never actually play it???)" we have played the game.

You have a limited time to function depending on how much health you have left really, by that time you should be shooting your way down the corridor to extraction at the very least.. As for your absorb, well if you say you're staying for long periods on end then you will have to absorb longer.. its simple, power into absorb essentially = power out, if you're against lvl 30-40+ enemies then you need to sit in absorb for a fair amount of time to be able to kill them, or you'll just knock them down, whereas lower enemies you'll wipe them out with a quick few taps of it, but I assume you already know that...

By assuming that everything is perfect - I meant that you should look at the life support bar, make the call when it gets to 14% and type telling everyone to get to ext people get the idea sooner or later.

Honestly if you're doing what you say you are, and going against high level enemies you should seriously know better by now to be at ext before you reach 0% its that simple mate, you are given multiple warnings by the Lotus, by the on screen LS bar % and finally when the screen flashes red. Use Chaos to get them off your back, use Mind Control to have a backup lacky and run when it gets close.