Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I A Bad Girl For What I Just Did?

BloodKitten

i was hosting invasion game, i noticed a player was afk, the other 2 players dident cared and went on with the mission, i told then i dont want afk players to get anything for being afk, they dident cared and continued.

so i turned off and on the internet device and forced evryone to disconnect (or can they migrate still?)

what do other users think?

I'm not totally against this, since you did it in the beginning of the mission anyway, but at the same time, it might make you feel much better if you learn to set your pride/ego aside and just play with less expectations.

After the mission, you can simply get out of the lobby and find a better one. Be the better person by simply ignoring an issue that you can easily avoid after a few minutes (Invasions don't last that long), That way you don't get in the way of other people who also simply want to have fun.

In any case, usually the host would migrate.

I believe, they can migrate. Also, I actually believe that people can get a bit AFK stuff, because grind in Warframe is just that big now. Yea, beat me up for my opinion. No, I do not go AFK myself, that's it.

Edited by RossRam

I'm not totally against this, since you did it in the beginning of the mission anyway, but at the same time, it might make you feel much better if you learn to set your pride/ego aside and just play with less expectations.

After the mission, you can simply get out of the lobby and find a better one. Be the better person by simply ignoring an issue that you can easily avoid after a few minutes (Invasions don't last that long), That way you don't get in the way of other people who also simply want to have fun.

ignore the issue, like afk players not being kicked? (diffrent session i saw a player afk for 10 minutes stright befor i rage quited)

Who cares of an afk when we can do the mission alone? That's my opinion, could understand yours...

But if i got to have an host migration for this kind of tenet, I think I will be more annoyed by the host migration an the possible bug/freeze happening than by an afk...

But host migration isn't really an big deal, so in all case I'll don't really care.

Don't worry, that not that bad, but annoying some innocent people because we're upset isn't really fair but it's human...

:p

Edited by ZeGreymane

How does it make you the better person to let people leech? There's no pride/ego involved in calling out leechers for what they're doing. It's wrong and they should be held accountable in some way for it, at the very least kicked out of the match by the host through whatever means possible.

Prefer an afk in defense mission than a door hero, spawn killing at 15 km, splitting xp. :)

And about a leecher during reactor/catalyser alert during works hours? Isn't be fair to help them to get some potatoes when they can't play? :3

Edited by ZeGreymane

Why would everyone else disconnect in first place? It's like normal disconnection/quit which they get a host migration... so you only "hurt yourself" doing that.. Hooowever yes.. you are a bad girl and don't do that again ever. Jk

Edited by CookingFood

i was hosting invasion game, i noticed a player was afk, the other 2 players dident cared and went on with the mission, i told then i dont want afk players to get anything for being afk, they dident cared and continued.

so i turned off and on the internet device and forced evryone to disconnect (or can they migrate still?)

what do other users think?

If it was a key you hosted, they did dc, if not a host migration probably happened.

Wouldn't it have been quicker to just abort, or exit the program than rebooting your modem?

Regardless of the above, If you don't like anyone or have a problem with them you can leave missions whenever you like.

ignore the issue, like afk players not being kicked? (diffrent session i saw a player afk for 10 minutes stright befor i rage quited)

You're not really going to help avoid the issue, since they could just easily join another game afterward. However, you do penalize other players who wanted to have fun, who were doing their part in the mission, only for you to step on it because of your sense of justice that you force upon them through your actions.

Of course, if it migrates properly, there's no issue on their part, but if it does actually migrate, then the purpose of your action (making the AFK player disconnect) was for nothing, isn't it? So what to do then?

How does it make you the better person to let people leech? There's no pride/ego involved in calling out leechers for what they're doing. It's wrong and they should be held accountable in some way for it, at the very least kicked out of the match by the host through whatever means possible.

They leech once, sure, but there's no stopping you from simply leaving the lobby afterward (and hope you don't join the same of course). Besides, even if they AFK (especially if it's at the beginning of a mission), do they actually get in your way? Are they jeopardizing your mission?

As for being held accountable and "whatever means possible," that's exactly pride and ego involved because you want to apply your justice on that one player, without taking into account the other players in the game who are doing their part. You may say it doesn't involve ego and pride, but please take a step back and review your thoughts and actions. It probably has more to do with you than anything. The intention of calling out leechers is great; it's the actions undertaken that can be questionable, the latter usually bringing ego/pride into it.

The reason I think you may be a "better person" by doing that in the context of a simple and single Invasion mission is because you're taking the hit to yourself (since you don't enjoy having an AFK player in the squad) rather than hitting everyone else at the same time with an abrupt disconnecting (again, only "bad" if it doesn't migrate people, which happens at times, but rarely), AKA "self-sacrifice."

Here's an example of a more courteous action that follows the same intention.

Why not tell in the chat what you're about to do (disconnecting) and the reason why (annoying AFK leechers)?

Why not ask the rest of the team if they want to band up together and leave, so they can play private together until the invasion is done, while none of them would be helping the leecher?

Why not increase communication with those who deserves it? Those are things we can all do but often feel too lazy to do.

It's very contextual to me of course. If I was hosting a key, say a survival, and someone I invited from the recruiting channel purposely AFKs in a safe spot, then yes, I will disconnect (if it's not pass 5min), exclude them and reinvite the rest that were actually doing something.

Lastly, I'm not saying that AFK players shouldn't be dealt with somehow, but I'm saying that what TC did isn't an action that's as much appraisal-deserving as people may think, even if it's not that wrong to do it. When you take actions into your own hands, you have to know to admit that there can be faults in them too. We're all humans and not all actions have solely positive consequences. Whether the positive outweights the negative, that's arguable.

Edited by Casardis

I do it sometime , , they can sometime migrate , but if it insta not sure , the worst thing it that they are all split in theire own session , you know what i do when theire is to much afk? I afk to , they usually move , are leave, and I do follow them .

I don't see why anyone should get reward while he didnt do anything