Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Move Away From Usual Stances

noveltyhero

Not melee stances (just getting this out of the way)

Hey guys within the art department,

My main request is that can we move away from the usual stances that all weapons share? (primary and secondary)

Within the melee stances M2 has pretty much fixed the issue of every weapon being super similar to each other, can we get that for other weapon types too?

What I mean is that some of the heavier weapons (like the Ogris) could have different stances to reflect on the weapon's abilities. Now, some of the current ones could be changed to be made more interesting but I am primarily focusing on future releases.

For example, say we get a chain gun, I don't want it to be held the same way we hold all of our current weapons, some of them should be held below our waist to signify that even for us they are heavy and others should be held above shoulder to show their danger (even you don't want to upset it).

Just a little thought because despite the weapons being very interesting in animation and design some things just don't reflect/represent the weapon well. Is this a call for an ogris rework? I think it should be the first weapon who gets to be shouldered.

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Here are some examples of multiple animation stances, also some of these newer stances will open up opportunities for the art department to not be so limited in the size of the weapons as they won't have to make sense in the traditional way of holding them.

Example one is displayed by our favorite mini gun holder :D

chain-t2_1248896076.jpg

Example two is displayed by Rambo himself (sorry about quality)

images.jpg

EDIT 2:

Extra Suggestions given by fellow Tenno

(slightly edited for space)

hip mount...

shoulder mount...

southpaw...

between the legs...

-snip-

EDIT3: Fixed some silly mistakes >.>

EDIT4: Fixed some more silly mistakes -.-"

Edited by noveltyhero

I definitely agree with this.  It'd be really cool to see some more variation and weapon types, so making "Heavy Weapons" have stances like that would be cool; you could pair it with mechanical differences or not, like say, chainguns slow you down a bit, but are much stronger for it.  

A shouldered rocket launcher having backblast dangerous to enemies would be a hilarious touch.

Oh why not... We have stances already for Melee weapons... so why not make the stuff somewhat consistent and add stances for the guns as well... might actually add some variety to how the guns feel.

If I can hold Two pistols in a gun-fu stance then i game for it.

I definitely agree with this.  It'd be really cool to see some more variation and weapon types, so making "Heavy Weapons" have stances like that would be cool; you could pair it with mechanical differences or not, like say, chainguns slow you down a bit, but are much stronger for it.  

A shouldered rocket launcher having backblast dangerous to enemies would be a hilarious touch.

Should've read all comments so I don't stack in them, but ohh well...

That should be a weapon specific thing rather than stance, the stances are only visual to give the weapon the presentation it deserves.

Sounds interesting but I can see shoulder mounted weapons like an Ogris blocking the player's view.

I haven't considered that but I am sure it is simply fixed by aligning the camera differently on the Y axis or decreasing the zoom on right click. Personally I play with max FOV so that wouldn't be a problem for me but I guess would need testing, I very much doubt it would be a problem. However they can add a simple animation which switches weapon to opposite shoulder to the viewing one, that way everybody is happy :)

I really like this Idea. All in all Warframe seems to have its idea thought out, but time seems to be spent more on creating new content, than polishing/fixing what already is.

Though I think that this might call for some changes in the weapon models. Most of them seem to be designed around a rifle design with a pistol grip and a forward grip.

If/when this happens, I promise you DE, I will buy more plat.

sort of related

I would rather our loadout have more effect on our coptering ability than just the specific melee weapon chosen

ie angstrum and ogris with scoliac would copter slower than paris/kunai/furax, for an example

make heavy weapons HEAVY, and give positive incentives to carrying a lighter loadout

as it is currently ingame, i can rock the penta (which is silent, omfgwtfbbq) whatever sidearm, and the amphis, and be super fast with grenades and silent all at the same time, it just seems silly that i would be faster AND have tons more dmg than a guy carrying a bow/shuriken/sword

Having heavy weapons being held more like heavy weapons sounds good at first...

Then you start thinking about how someone is parcouring all over the place with a weapon that OBVIOUSLY looks like it weighs 50+ pounds. Gotta fix that...limiting mobility options for heavy weapons. No one is happy.

Then start wondering why spinning with a whip launches you like Thor and his mighty hammer, yet a mighty hammer in the game launches you nowhere when you spin. Gotta fix that...all coptoring sobs forced to use Fragor forever. I'm happy, internet is not.

etc.

I think this is great as long as its not mod based and we have to hunt down a thousand more mod cards for a switch in stance!

Well, sure, but that's the way DE does things.... Also, this would mean that I'd be able to carry a Mk-1 Braton shoulder mounted, since it's just as much of a rifle as the Ogris is. Awesome.

Having heavy weapons being held more like heavy weapons sounds good at first...

Then you start thinking about how someone is parcouring all over the place with a weapon that OBVIOUSLY looks like it weighs 50+ pounds. Gotta fix that...limiting mobility options for heavy weapons. No one is happy.

Then start wondering why spinning with a whip launches you like Thor and his mighty hammer, yet a mighty hammer in the game launches you nowhere when you spin. Gotta fix that...all coptoring sobs forced to use Fragor forever. I'm happy, internet is not.

etc.

I support Loki parkouring with a chaingun. Deal with it.

The "coptering sobs" include me; let me be the first to tell you that I loved the Fragor and would absolutely love hammery goodness + ragdolls + coptering. Just sayin'.