Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do We Need Smg Styled Weapons?

Eraser35

Personally I don't want real life weapons in my space ninja mmo!

When people say "I want an SMG weapon." it doesn't mean "I want DE to add the MP5."

SMG simply means Sub-machine gun. It implies a function and purpose. It isn't a specific weapon, it doesn't even have to be particularly realistic.

Dare I say, wasn't the Braton technically classified as SMG?

I'm sure someone with some real knowledge on guns could try to argue about that. I know only the most basic stuff so I don't want to get caught up talking about it too much.

To me the Braton is an Assault Rifle. It fits what makes me think 'Assault rifle' in a game.

An SMG type weapon would be pretty cool. 

We do have the Grakata, but I'd like something a little smaller. Also a dual primary weapon could be pretty cool.

The only problem is that I can't really think of a niche it would really fill. Though the more guns the more better.

Ok, if we are gonna have SMG weapons, we need dual wield, AND WE NEED TO MAKE THEM PRIMARY, really want dual equipped dual wield weapons, AND I WANT A TIME FRAME! So I can slow down time with my dual wield weapons and look badass >:D

I'm sure someone with some real knowledge on guns could try to argue about that. I know only the most basic stuff so I don't want to get caught up talking about it too much.

To me the Braton is an Assault Rifle. It fits what makes me think 'Assault rifle' in a game.

Braton is Assault Rifle, by default.

There isnt real SMGs in the game, only weapons that are close are Afuris and Venoms.

The main destinction between an assault rifle and an SMG is that SMGs use pistol ammunition and have shorter barrels.

I'd say a Braton would be a Carbine, it's barrel is awfully short for a dedicated assault rifle but it does reasonable damge per shot.

If what people want is a smaller sized automatic rifle they mean Carbine, and if they mean things like Uzis they want machine pistols.

A Grakata is totally an SMG though. It's short, holds a lot of ammo and it's very weak per shot.

There isnt real SMGs in the game, only weapons that are close are Afuris and Viper.

Those are machine pistols.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Ok, if we are gonna have SMG weapons, we need dual wield, AND WE NEED TO MAKE THEM PRIMARY, really want dual equipped dual wield weapons, AND I WANT A TIME FRAME! So I can slow down time with my dual wield weapons and look badass >:D

Neo Prime confirmed?

Braton is Assault Rifle, by default.

There isnt real SMGs in the game, only weapons that are close are Afuris and Venoms.

Bratons seem to have too high a firerate for an AR. The sounds it makes also aren't very "oomph" and it is very small.

Hmm, wouldst a smg type weapon be easier to mod due to the smaller design? Im not sure but, Yeah Warframe needs more variation of DAKKA [Guns bullets guns] and wait....Dual Primary's, Dual Secondary's Dual Melee, and a Kurowbow with a sentinel and were all set for overkill.