The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theliset.com - U14 Official Hype Site - Updating Daily (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Actually logging software should catch everything, at least the ones I've worked with, since you can compare difference, which will tell you exactly what you changed between commits, and it should also tell you who specifically made that commit; also if you've added/changed, so much code that it would be hard to go through it all without making several (or at least one more) commit in between where things still worked...sorry but you're just making things harder for yourself (and by proxy everyone else in the project).

Yes, it will tell what you changed, but you have to do something to fix it if it is a bug. Not the committing software. 

Committing software = Telling you what you changed, and allow you to revert to a savepoint to either recode or check.

Committing software ≠ Fixing the bug itself. The coder must recode it himself/herself. 

Actually logging software should catch everything, at least the ones I've worked with, since you can compare difference, which will tell you exactly what you changed between commits, and it should also tell you who specifically made that commit; also if you've added/changed, so much code that it would be hard to go through it all without making several (or at least one more) commit in between where things still worked...sorry but you're just making things harder for yourself (and by proxy everyone else in the project).

thats not even possible for it to catch everything, logging software is a tool to help but it is in no way perfect and i would very much like to see your perfect god mode logging software that catches every bug every time. Problem is that your logging software is fantasy and doesnt exist.

you can know what is changed but finding the issue is a different story. commit software tells you what changed not bugs, and logging software cannot catch everything, You have to find and fix the bugs yourself.

Edited by Echoa

Not telling information is not lying, please stop trying to start arguments, we have enough doing that as is.  There are thousands of things companies do not tell you, that in no way shape or form effect you.  Not being told the patch is complete does not effect us in any way shape or form.  Not telling us the patch won't be out until a day past it's announced time makes people stay up, wait, get cranky, spam forums, etc etc.  PR and damage control, very basic things.

k

I don't use Drones... if I did, I already have an extra one, because Founder.

ANd if a new weapon DOES come out that actually interests me, that's above this rank, I'll pick up and use weapons I personally hate, or just don't generally like to get there.

Well what I did to get to Rank 8 in about maybe a month was just getting every S#&$ weapon I knew I would never use, 30 them, toss em, rinse and repeat, because I know once I got weapons I wanted I would never get rid of them.

thats not even possible for it to catch everything, logging software is a tool to help but it is in no way perfect and i would very much like to see your perfect god mode logging software that catches every bug every time. Problem is that your logging software is fantasy and doesnt exist.

you can know what is changed but finding the issue is a different story. commit software tells you what changed not bugs, and logging software cannot catch everything, You have to find and fix the bugs yourself.

Where did I talk about it catching bugs? I said it catching exactly what's changed, and then you should read the second part of my post again.

Yes, it will tell what you changed, but you have to do something to fix it if it is a bug. Not the committing software.

Committing software = Telling you what you changed, and allow you to revert to a savepoint to either recode or check.

Committing software ≠ Fixing the bug itself. The coder must recode it himself/herself.

Same to you, reading really shouldn't be this hard.

Edited by ReizoRyuu

beat me to part of my post after yours xD

So ready to go to sleep, and yet, at the same time sooo used to staying up nights and working that I'm not really even bothered by the fact that it's already tomorrow.

Huh, I wonder now if it is healthy that I can manage to stay up for a 20 hour day normally...

It probably isn't  but whatever, sleap is for the ded and the weak. I ish shtill going stroong

Where did I talk about it catching bugs? I said it catching exactly what's changed, and then you should read the second part of my post again.

i was very clearly talking about bugs,  to which you responded 

Edit: second quote fail Q3Q

ReizoRyuu

Actually logging software should catch everything, at least the ones I've worked with

Logging software is never ever perfect, and commit software still just says what changed, thats it. They arent just posting changes to github here dude. Its not just "hey look (posts commit)", their hold up isnt stuff not being implmented/not being there that needs to be committed, its bugs.

Edited by Echoa

Yes, we can check what we have changed. We all agree on that for committing software, but we use committing software to check for bugs, then we ourselves, with a keyboard and our brains, attempt to remove the bug. 

Actually logging software should catch everything, at least the ones I've worked with

Not bugs such as wrong positioning, but correct logical placement of code.

Yes, we can check what we have changed. We all agree on that for committing software, but we use committing software to check for bugs, then we ourselves, with a keyboard and our brains, attempt to remove the bug. 

i failed a quoting his post T^T that wasnt my comment

Update update:

1:43 AM EDT Update: We've got info that the build will come in at around 850 MB of content, so if you have any bandwidth heavy things that you were considering doing while getting the Update, you know have an idea of the scope of the Update coming your way. Hopefully this helps make any internet habit adjustments for your evening/morning! We're getting quite close, with several confirmed fixes, so hopefully soon!

I hope they doesn't look all tired and sleepy next devstream.

Maybe they'll each bring a nice, fluffy pillow to the stream and the running gag will be they can't answer any questions very well because they're half asleep.

it doesnt matter, logging software of any kind can not in any way catch everything and doesnt point you always to exactly where the issue is.

TL:DR you may know what commit caused it, but that doesnt mean you know what in the commit did and fixing it takes time 

i was very clearly talking about bugs,  to which you responded 

Edit: second quote fail Q3Q

ReizoRyuu

You weren't very clearly talking about bugs, and in your TL;DR you even say exactly what I said, you may know know exactly what commit causes it, because the logger catches any and all changes.

But if you want to go that route, I was very clearly talking about commits and loggers and not compilers and debuggers, which you somehow still brought up.

Uhh you still haven't read the second part of the post you quoted have you? Ofcourse bugs don't fix themselves, I never argued they did. In fact I positioned that if a bug pop up someone broke it (ergo someone has to fix it).