The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theliset.com - U14 Official Hype Site - Updating Daily (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Seriously we all living in Europe knew we would get the update on friday, did you really think you'd get it thursday? half of thursday for us is the middle of the night for them. and i'm sure everyone guessed they'd run into problems this is a massive update!

I'm not even mad they are taking time, in fact i'm amazed that they are bringing it this week and not next month as it would normally be expected for an update this big

You weren't very clearly talking about bugs, and in your TL;DR you even say exactly what I said, you may know know exactly what commit causes it, because the logger catches any and all changes.

But if you want to go that route, I was very clearly talking about commits and loggers and not compilers and debuggers, which you somehow still brought up.

Uhh you still haven't read the second part of the post you quoted have you? Ofcourse bugs don't fix themselves, I never argued they did. In fact I positioned that if a bug pop up someone broke it (ergo someone has to fix it).

then you're just talking in circles about commit logging with no relevant point

You essentially just said you're arguing just to do it with no real purpose behind it than to say "yea, commit software logs all the changes". No S#&$ Sherlock, we know that but thats not gonna fix the bugs. The perfection of XYZ commit software isnt gonna make your bugs go away, the most it does is give you a ball park to work in but thats still alot of checking to do. 

Edited by Echoa

Where did I talk about it catching bugs? I said it catching exactly what's changed, and then you should read the second part of my post again.

You said about using committing software to roll back to a save-point where it is working. 

The current latest working version we have is 13.9.3.1, as everything else after that is adding to U14. Save-points are used when one part of the update is completed (in terms of the code itself), and may not work properly with the main game until other things have been added. What you are suggesting is that DE(L) releases a 'working' version of U14 where there are bugs that affect how the game is run to the point where it can be one (or all) of the following: 

1. Game-breaking.

2. Constant crashes. 

3. Data corruption. 

So, by that, it is best for DE(L) not to release U14 until all of the identified bugs are gone. 

Edited by Renegade343

You said about using committing software to roll back to a save-point where it is working. 

The current latest working version we have is 13.9.3.1, as everything else after that is adding to U14. Save-points are used when one part of the update is completed (in terms of the code itself), and may not work properly with the main game until other things have been added. What you are suggesting is that DE(L) releases a 'working' version of U14 where there are bugs that affect how the game is run to the point where it can be one (or all) of the following: 

1. Game-breaking.

2. Constant crashes. 

3. Data corruption. 

So, by that, it is best for DE(L) not to release U14 until all of the identified bugs are gone. 

there, thats how to say it

They just roll back they may aswell just stop right now and leave us at u13.9 because they're just gonna roll back the commits and not fix the bugs and not actually give us u14 or a broken &#! version. Commit software again, tells you changes not what the bugs are.

Edited by Echoa

I'm not even mad they are taking time, in fact i'm amazed that they are bringing it this week and not next month as it would normally be expected for an update this big

Im not een mad the server will explode. Im amazed they are bringing it this year and not next year.

then you're just talking in circles about commit logging with not relevant point

You essentially just said you're arguing just to do it with no real purpose behind it than to say "yea, commit software logs all the changes". No S#&$ Sherlock, we know that but thats not gonna fix the bugs. The perfection of XYZ commit software isnt gonna make your bugs go away, the most it does is give you a ball park to work in but thats still alot of checking to do. 

Actually I'm not, I'm simply adressing every post made at me.

Maybe you should go back and see where this all started, seems you lost track of the points I was making and went off on a tangent with me since I never cared about how they'd go about fixing the bugs.

Still though, it's still pretty amazing how every post is hammering on "perfect software" and not the point of bad personal choices.

Also, if you believe that any respectable developer would go from "13.9" to "14.0" without any functional versions inbetween, you are incredibly, blissfully naïve.

Just because 13.9.3.1 is the latest version available to us, obviously doesn't mean that and "14.0" are the only version available to them internally.

Edited by ReizoRyuu

Actually I'm not, I'm simply adressing every post made at me.

Maybe you should go back and see where this all started, seems you lost track of the points I was making and went off on a tangent with me since I never cared about how they'd go about fixing the bugs.

Still though, it's still pretty amazing how every post is hammering on "perfect software" and not the point of bad personal choices.

The issues can be traced to a commit as you said, but thats all. A commit log tells you nothing of the bugs specifics, just gives you your ball park to play in and find it which god knows how big that park is.

You started with saying its poor managment, went to commit logging, then circled the toilet at commit logging. I even think at one point you claimed the issues should be easy to find/fix because of commit logging? (posts have been changed/edited in the mean time and i dont wanna search)

Edited by Echoa

The issues can be traced to a commit as you said, but thats all. A commit log tells you nothing of the bugs specifics, just gives you your ball park to play in and find it which god knows how big that park is.

You started with saying its poor managment, went to commit logging, then circled the toilet at commit logging. I even think at one point you claimed the issues shoudl be easy to find/fix?

It is poor management, and that's really the only point I made, everything else is people applying a fierce amount of selective reading.

Also I only edit to add, or correct grammar, not to change what I've said.

Edited by ReizoRyuu

It is poor management, and that's really the only point I made, everything else is people applying a fierce amount of selective reading.

then why even bring up the commit logging if your whole point was poor management? thats irrelevant to the initial point in the first place.

You coulda just left it at that and been done with the whole thing?

Edited by Echoa

Since english isn't my first language... It may start to degrade a little, but hell yeah U14 coing up.. sooner or later.

..speaking of 14.. Watching KLK 14 now..

Wait till you get to KLK 20-24 the biggest emotional ride I have had from any show.

Also, if you believe that any respectable developer would go from "13.9" to "14.0" without any functional versions inbetween, you are incredibly, blissfully naïve.

Just because 13.9.3.1 is the latest version available to us, obviously doesn't mean that and "14.0" are the only version available to them internally.

Let me give you an analogy with your suggestion of making DE(L) give out a 'working' version of U14 (yes, DE(L) will have steps to U14 with them. That is normal in programming), just to make things clear: 

I have a car, which is solid in its function and drives pretty well. However, I feel that it could be upgraded with a stronger engine to make it accelerate faster (or have a higher top speed). Thus, I then go into my shed, get some car tools, purchase a stronger engine, and start upgrading it. However, there is a chance that the engine may not be compatible with the current machinery in the car, which means I have to go off and buy new parts to fix that. When I install the new parts, I found out it does not work with the still installed parts, which means I have to rewire components around to fix that, and so on until the car can now successfully run with the upgraded engine.

The original car is U13.9.3.1.. The stronger engine is U14. The buying, rewiring, modifying and other actions to install the upgraded engine is the process to U14, which is littered with uncertainties as to whether or not it would conflict with the already installed parts, or with each other (i.e. bugs and glitches). That means the most stable version will be the original car (U13.9.3.1) compared to all the processes to fit the upgraded engine (U14) because the original car (U13.9.3.1) is working as it should be with nary a hitch, whereas the processes to fit the upgraded engine (U14) are quite uncertain and unstable, simply because we do not know how it would actually react. We can draw up calculations and educated predictions, but these will not always equal to what actually happens. 

And since DE(L) wants to give out the most stable version for us to play, they will not give out the processes to fit the upgraded engine (steps to U14) for us to use, meaning they will withhold it and just give us the original car (U13.9.3.1) to use for its stronger stability over the processes.

Edited by Renegade343