The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theliset.com - U14 Official Hype Site - Updating Daily (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Yea why would they wait until midnight their time? They have to be ready to deploy hotfixes for all the bugs that WILL be in the game...since some bugs always slip through testing...that is to be expected.

If they patched at midnight DE time then they would have to pull an all nighter which is not a good way to deal with bugs in the code...trust me.

They will patch thursday at an acceptable time so they have time to react and get hotfixes out. After that they will sleep a little and fix even more on friday.

Edited by Shehriazad

Yea why would they wait until midnight their time? They have to be ready to deploy hotfixes for all the bugs that WILL be in the game...since some bugs always slip through testing...that is to be expected.

If they patched at midnight DE time then they would have to pull an all nighter which is not a good way to deal with bugs in the code...trust me.

They will patch thursday at an acceptable time so they have time to react and get hotfixes out. After that they will sleep a little and fix even more on friday.

Wouldn't be surprised if they stayed the weekend as well, actually.

Around this time? Maybe... I suppose I can see that seeing as how much time and effort they've seemingly put in as of late. I certainly hope you're right!

It would be better to release the update in the morning so they would have all day to fix bugs. Releasing the update later in the day would be meh, for people would be winding down from work or school or whatever. In the middle of the day would be a perfect time to ship the update.

It would be better to release the update in the morning so they would have all day to fix bugs. Releasing the update later in the day would be meh, for people would be winding down from work or school or whatever. In the middle of the day would be a perfect time to ship the update.

True. However it all comes down to final preparations and getting the final go-ahead from upstairs to release, make sure everyone is in their battlestations, etc. Generally the updates are released somewhat late in the night and the Devs work throughout that time (and sometimes even into the weekends if it comes down to it).

Although unlikely, an early Update would be great.

That is suspiciously specific timing...

It's just a logical guess. We know it's arriving Thursday. I doubt it'd be in the morning or early afternoon because DE would probably be doing double triple and quadruple checks to make sure everything in the update is as it should be. That leaves late afternoon/early/mid-evening for the release.

But it's speculative. Heck we might get it at 9 AM tomorrow morning. Or just before midnight on Thursday. Never know.

Wheres like the update video?  Don't they usually do that like 2-3 min video talking about the features before a major update?  Did they not do that yet or are they not doing that because of the Liset teaser site or what?

True. However it all comes down to final preparations and getting the final go-ahead from upstairs to release, make sure everyone is in their battlestations, etc. Generally the updates are released somewhat late in the night and the Devs work throughout that time (and sometimes even into the weekends if it comes down to it).

Although unlikely, an early Update would be great.

I'm 99% sure this Update will come at midnight at DE time from the looks of things.....