Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Prime Worth It?

(PSN)Poopyball

Question

that depends, are you so lazy that you cant live without Vaccume?

Wyrm prime is good. and he comes with a prime gun now so he does more damage. i use him all the time but, that's primarily because i like the push back he does.

Edited by ArchangelCJ

Wyrm isn't worth it period. Yeah sure he does a fair bit more damage than any other Sentinal, but no amount of damage could equate to the utility of Carrier. 

I seriously doubt even Kubrows could dethrone the Carrier as king of all "sidekicks"

you all are boring with the Carrier thing, i can pick up the loot myself thanks, i'm better off using something that looks cool

Ok then. Enjoy your shiny new Sentinal. I'll just be in the next room killing all the enemies while you pick up the loot.

I don't know about you guys but I've never been slowed down when I don't have carrier. Loot is easy to pick up.

you all are boring with the Carrier thing, i can pick up the loot myself thanks, i'm better off using something that looks cool

Except...Carrier can do 'most' of the damage the other sentinels can, which really isn't very much anyway, 'and' has utility that the others just don't.

Trade a tad of damage for a boost in utility.

As someone who does not use vacuum, I am constantly baffled by people who need vacuum. 

Shade is still the most "practical" sentinel to me. If you are knocked on your butt, he will cloak you halfway through getting up. I'd argue that being knocked down is about your most vulnerable moment in the game, so having a sentinel that can cover that is pretty useful. 

That and Helios, because I'm not going to stop shooting to take pictures. 

Except...Carrier can do 'most' of the damage the other sentinels can, which really isn't very much anyway, 'and' has utility that the others just don't.

You can equip any sentinel weapon on any sentinel...

Wyrm has utility that the other sentinels don't. Just because you are addicted to Vacuum and are no longer capable of going 3 steps out of your way to pick something up, don't pretend that other sentinels don't have their own unique features.   Wyrm's knockdown has a quite large radius, a mere 15 second cooldown, and has saved me frequently.

Wyrm also has 3 times more attack range than Carrier.  Sentinel damage may be "not very much" compared to a fully modded player gun, but it's constant and really adds up when your sentinel isn't limited to such a short engagement.