Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question On Game Points Within Planets

Fiia

Question

I am confused how the joining a game is intended to work. I ask a lot of questions here but I want to understand it better.

Here is what I think I understand:

You move from planet to planet working your way through points on the planet which represent missions to unlock.

You then click on a mission to indicate you want to play the mission, the game point starts to "ping" and displays your name under it.

The information bar at the top tells you one of several things; waiting for players (not really sure what that means), 1/x votes, and joining.

Here is what I am unsure about:

What does "Waiting for Players" mean? Is it there are players coming but have not fully connected yet? Is it you need to wait as you are the only one on this mission point?

Does the "ping" do anything other than show you where you are?

Why are there numbers next to some planets? Is it there are this many players there already, or indicates the number still needed, or something else?

Why show names under the mission point you are in...., but not always everyone name?

Here are my thoughts. It is confusing right now to know what it all means.

How about have a sensor "ping" on each mission point that has people waiting/playing?

Also, display a list on the side of players "on" this planet with the name of mission point they are currently playing.

Make it clearer what the information at the top means, and what the numbers mean near planets. E.g. instead of a number 2 display 2/4 indicating there are 2 players 2 still needed for a full team.

Well, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

4 answers to this question

The numbers under the planets is the ammount of players logged INGAME in that planet.

The 1/X vote, if when you're on a session, with 3 other friends. The joining system is by vote, so if you and 2 other frirend try to enter mission Kilika, while one other tries to enter Venera, all of you 4 will enter Kilika, since the voting on kilika was bigger (3 to 1)

The "Waiting for players" can be several things, can be that you tried to join a session and the ATM session is full, so the game instead of just getting you ingame alone, he makes a fast search to see if there is any new joining on the same mission, therefore, the "waiting for players" show up.

If no players/session is found it will change to "play now".

The ping simply shows which mission you have picked, to highlight it for your squad.

"Waiting for players" means you are waiting for more people to start the mission with you so you don't start alone (you are creating a session or trying to join one). When "Play Now" appears, you have made a session and are waiting for more to join you, and can choose to start alone

The small number indicates how many squads there are playing the mission, showing you there are people that might need more squad members.

About the names, I think you're referring to Solar Landmarks. It's a grand master founder thing but I don't know how it works exactly

Edited by Bitfly

When you click on a point, your name appears on that point with the number 1 representing you as wanting to que for that mission. If you are the only one queing for the mission, it says Waiting for Players at the top, meaning it will automatically start the countdown when the majority of your squad picks a new mission location or that mission, or when enough players que with you to initiate the mission countdown. You can also just click Start Game, even if you dont have enough people to effectively solo it. The names you see under other points are those people within your squad who voted to play that mission. So if you see many names around other points, those are your squadmates who cast their vote to play that mission. It goes by a majority rule or random when everyone votes on a different mission. When solo and first starting to que with no squad, the numbers by the points represent the total number of people qued,queing, or playing that mission.

number on the mission point show how many session run on that mission.

1 session will have max 4 persons.

When you select mission. server will try to scan to find session that have empty slot for you to join.

If server not found empty session, you'll be a new session(1/4) and wait for other player to click for join your session.

If other player join your session, the mission will start automatically.

After you complete mission and still don't be kick from that session, you can vote for a next mission.

If not vote all (2/3, 1/4,...), server will count down and pick the mission to start.

If everybody voted all, server will start pick the next mission.

That was I think. :D