Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[De] Before Buying A Gun, This Is Necessary.

Awazx

First of all, to say that English is not my language. 

Motion-Petition: Imagine that the players have a room where we can test firing weapons before purchasing / acquiring them.

With this simple added players know exactly if efforts to acquire new weapon worthwhile or not. 

Thank you.

First of all, to say that English is not my language. 

Motion-Petition: Imagine that the players have a room where we can test firing weapons before purchasing / acquiring them.

With this simple added players know exactly if efforts to acquire new weapon worthwhile or not. 

Thank you.

Do gun stores let you test fire their product? 

Yes, actually they do let you test fire them provided they have a firing range on site and you have a valid gun license.

Besides, this is for gameplay purposes here. Just tying it in with "real life" isn't a reason to justify the lack of such content.

Law in my country lets you return used product within 1week with sole reason "no thx i dont want it" and get full refund for it, but you need to pay for courier or deliver it back to shop yourself.

Though idk if that would work with guns.

Edited by Davoodoo

i would enjoy firing range with fake holo enemies very much, thank you.

what could be also interesting to have, i think, is: no rules holo room for going crazy. you want 8 max serrations in your gun? go for it :)

Molecular Prime and Overload on Rhino? Get wild my son. And so on. Yes, it is a dumb idea, but it could be used to test craziest combinations possible

One problem with this is you really can't gauge the weapon potential without fully modded it like this one gun I can't stand without mod (Lex without lethal torrent)

Unless our mod system is fairly limited (barrel slot, stock slot, ammo slot type) I don't see testing weapon being any helpful.

Firing Range in Dojo? +1

Edited by Hueminator

Law in my country lets you return used product within 1week with sole reason "no thx i dont want it" and get full refund for it, but you need to pay for courier or deliver it back to shop yourself.

Though idk if that would work with guns.

You do realize that fire arms wouldn't have the same regulations as for other goods. 

One problem with this is you really can't gauge the weapon potential without fully modded it like this one gun I can't stand without mod (Lex without lethal torrent)

Unless our mod system is fairly limited (barrel slot, stock slot, ammo slot type) I don't see testing weapon being any helpful.

Firing Range in Dojo? +1

You're right, you can't truly gauge a weapon's potential without it being fully modded. Tho it'd be nice to be able to test weapons, I say, it should be a every low priority. But if you get a weapon you don't like, do what most people do, sell it, that's what I do when I run into a weapon that really does not work all that well, I max it, sell it, buy another weapon, and repeat.  If you're worried about wasting real money, if there's a weapon you're questioning about buying, ask people who have it, if it's good, and you're still questioning it, spend credits on it instead, don't spend plat on it until you max it out and you KNOW you'll enjoy it. That way if you find out you don't like it, you can always sell it, lose some credits and resources, but not money.

Firing Range in Dojo? +1

Simple solution: allow add mods to the weapon being tested.

The problem with this is that a gun without any mods behaves different that what you can do with mods.

So the next thing people are going to ask is that they are going to ask for the test range to give you the ability to add mods.

Which you may say, of course! Why not? Cause that's a whole lot of stuff for something that you can just go to youtube to check out.

Maybe they could add it to the codex? Or maybe they could do a dojo room and members of the clan can "donate" their guns so other people can test them. Maybe the room populates with the guns of the people that are in that room at the moment.

Maybe they could add it to the codex? Or maybe they could do a dojo room and members of the clan can "donate" their guns so other people can test them. Maybe the room populates with the guns of the people that are in that room at the moment.

So you'll have to join a clan in order to test out a weapon? Way to force content on the player.

My opinion of the whole idea is still negative, but if it were to be done, this would be one of the worst(if not the) possible implementations.

Why not simply load up a randomly generated map (say if you want to test a gun in a mission) for the simulator, and allow the player to slap on any mods of your choice (also simulation, will be removed when the player exits the simulation) (the mods' levels can be altered at will, just like Warframe Builder, but in-game and interactive). 

Its a good idea, but not a direly pressing one in my opinion.  You can go in region and ask about weapons that you might want if you are a new player, and I'm usually in region and have fire a good number of guns in the game, and will be happy to give you a rundown of any weapon that I know about, and so will other players.  However I do agree it would be really nice to have a little test room in your ship dock (come U14) to shoot some holographic targets and see what kind of damage you can expect, where to shoot certain enemies, ect ect, to hone your skill and test out weapons.  I would use such a function prolifically, and I'm sure other players who care about good weapons and good weapon design would as well.  Good idea, should be seen to fruition in the future.

So you'll have to join a clan in order to test out a weapon? Way to force content on the player.

My opinion of the whole idea is still negative, but if it were to be done, this would be one of the worst(if not the) possible implementations.

You can build a dojo alone.

Steve said i a stream once that 7% of the warframe population are in solo clans.

I mentioned this idea because it would be the easiest to implement. Making a room for this purpose in a enclosed map is easier than having something load from the market menu.... i guess.

Edited by Mak_Gohae