The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please De, Don't Make This A Countdown To Another Countdown

-FrostByte-

They've said that they haven't been able to push out U14 due to unfinishedness for a while. Perhaps those delays, without this coming up, are a sign that they've decided to take more care into identifying and destroying issues that pop up?

Considering the backlash from it, I would only guess that they would even put UP a teaser like that if everything (from a mechanics stand point) was finished. I think the last bit of time before the actual update they are working on art assets, tweaking bits of it. I feel the core of their testing would have been done already.

DE didn't do that to troll the community, they did it because they had no choice. Also, last time, both parties were to blame. DE was forced to delay the release, and we overhyped ourselves way too much, and when the update hit, there was plenty of disappointment.

From the way things are going though, it's gonna be déjà vu all over again.

Well, the last time they did that was clearly a message: It's ready when it's ready and don't ask them, because they don't know either! And please remember one thing: the earlier it is released, the more bugs are still in there.

They've said that they haven't been able to push out U14 due to unfinishedness for a while. Perhaps those delays, without this coming up, are a sign that they've decided to take more care into identifying and destroying issues that pop up?

This is what I figured the case is, I would imagine that the reason for these hotfixes due to unreadiness is because they don't want to make the same mistake twice.

DE didn't do that to troll the community, they did it because they had no choice. Also, last time, both parties were to blame. DE was forced to delay the release, and we overhyped ourselves way too much, and when the update hit, there was plenty of disappointment.

From the way things are going though, it's gonna be déjà vu all over again.

Erm....how are we to blame of overhyping when they keep on shoving hypematerial down our throats?

That's like saying a known drug addict has to take the blame for taking drugs even though his family keeps on supplying :P

Edited by Shehriazad

Erm....how are we to blame of overhyping when they keep on shoving hypematerial down our throats?

That's like saying a known drug addict has to take the blame for taking drugs even though his family keeps on supplying :P

So true...  Honestly if they didn't tease so much it would be a bit better.  They should really tease only 15% of the content, while delivering 100% of it only on release date so we get those "pleasantly surprised" feels.

Any time the word countdown is used, it's eventually going to turn into a joke involving one of the following:

A. Europe joke

B. Countdown show joke

C. Arrested Development joke, coincides with A.

Always eventually will be one of the 3.

I hope they do add a countdown at the end just to mess with people :|

Am I the only one that isn't really hyped since we've been fail hyping u14 for the better part of a month?  I'll enjoy it when it releases, but I can live with it being delayed.

Edited by Aggh