Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity's Blessing

Zrugel

Okay so I was watching the last DEVstream (again) and the subject of healing teammates came up, and an idea struck me, I really went back and forth on whether or not to post this idea, so please just hear me out (so to speak).

The premise is that trinity's blessing ability needed to be nerfed because it was providing to much disconnect from the danger that enemies should pose to the player (not the only reason but one of them), because of the immortality affect that teammates would get after its use.

However, now that the affect has been removed entirely there seems to be a lack of longevity to the ability, by that I mean once you heal one or more of your teammates they might still go down in the next half second.

So here's the idea, what if the immortality affect of blessing was reintroduced but not as complete damage negation? what if it gave players a percentage of their health that couldn't be damaged, it could be something like 10% at base level of the ability and up to 40% at maxed blessing level. Of course the duration of this would only last as long as it did before.

So what do you guys think? would that make her ability more useful? or would that turn it into exactly (faults and all) what is was before? 

But...That is literally still invulnerability.

Not quite.

After blessing wears off, the players, if they were reckless, would have only 40% health left, which would be shredded in 0.2 seconds, if Trinity will not cast Blessing again immediately. Judging by my experience with pugs, she will not :)

Thats worse than before

You cab abuse lifestrike rage and spam powers

It's better than abuse QT+Flow+Castanas shenanigans.

Of frantically watch three tiny bars in upper right blind zone of the screen instead of actually playing the game.

Edited by Khranitel

In most cases I find that having the "negative" duration from fleeting expertise is alot better than the %-damagemitigation of remaining life thing.

To me the issue is that this leaves you with a really short Link time. Personally I've thrown Link off the build and gone with a high-power energy vampire. If played right this gets the team much needed energy and you can use Blessing quite often. Get your Quick thinking and flow on for 450 energy.

Having immortality at 10, 40 or 100% of life is kinda the same. If well of life was a spammable radial heal or a projectile on the other hand, then we'd have something.

Long read ahead! No TL;DR sorry D:

I personally don't really like this idea, it's almost the same as the old Blessing only that you cannot stay under constant fire(Since shields won't regenerate if you are taking damage and you will probably die after Blessing).

I do have an idea myself which is making Blessing a toggled ability where it causes Trinity to create a small field of invulnerability around her (Think of it like the animation for Banshee's Sound Quake but maybe slightly different) so allies in the area will receive invulnerability and regenerate health over time.

But during this period of time Trinity cannot perform any actions at all, will not receive either the invulnerability or the regeneration and gains aggro during the toggle. This will result in the other players needing to protect Trinity in order to obtain the invulnerability mechanic, it also takes out Trinity's DPS during the toggle. During survival missions players can either have the invulnerability or activate LS (Which will in turn lead to lesser DPS and lesser protection as well)

I think this forces some teamwork out of pubs, since the ones who communicate better can make the most out of this. The obvious disadvantage is the interaction with other warframe's abilities.

Not quite.

After blessing wears off, the players, if they were reckless, would have only 40% health left, which would be shredded in 0.2 seconds, if Trinity will not cast Blessing again immediately. Judging by my experience with pugs, she will not :)

It's better than abuse QT+Flow+Castanas shenanigans.

Of frantically watch three tiny bars in upper right blind zone of the screen instead of actually playing the game.

Actually it isnt

You could do that and get the benefit of abusing rage from enemy fire...

It never ends

A whole bunch of these new Blessing buff threads keep asking for some way to negate more damage for the team so that nobody dies.

Trinity's reason for existence is not to carry the team. Trinity doesn't keep the team alive by letting fragile frames to tank with Blessing.

Trinity keeps herself alive by Blessing spam/Link tank/Energy Vampire+QT+Flow/whatever. Blessing just allows each teammate's mistakes to be more forgiving. A teammate taking damage and dying is not Trinity's (or anyone else's) fault - it is the teammate's fault. Blessing is a bonus that might happen to save someone once or twice but it doesn't keep everyone alive the whole time.

If a player wants to be carried through a mission by Trinity and/or charge head on with reckless abandon, then the player should play as Trinity or as a tanky warframe.

tl;dr It's not Blessing or Trinity's fault that a teammate dies, it is that teammate's fault. Current Blessing is fine.

Also, completely agree with Azawarau. OP's suggested change would be even more exploitable than the old Blessing.

Blessing should apply an iron skin esque overshield to the team that lasts X seconds ontop of its'  current affect. THEN the 12 second cooldown between casting would be worth it and help the team last long enough.

Invincibility for a few seconds?

Unless its 3 seconds itll be abused by multi trinitys

Invincibility for a few seconds?

Unless its 3 seconds itll be abused by multi trinitys

the odds of multiple trinities being in one game are very very slim......... trinity is like a damn albino creature in this game, rare to see because no one plays her.;it in itself would more or less be balanced out because there would be one less full room nuke person (Rhino P.) or one less CC person (banshee,(who isn't played very often), Frost and the like) so if they can actuallly coordinate their blessings to keep the invuln on, kudos to them it'll make higher level content less bullcrap to  deal with. (i.e 5k dps heavy gunners that shred shields in half a second, instant kill melee enemies with more health than us, etc.)

i also didn't specify how much damage the *overshield* would absorb; the overshields cap could be around that of iron skin, a major boost in lower game content but enough *overshield* that your squadmates could get out of the fire and hide.

Trinity was fine the way she was she did not need to be nerfed to a nearly unusable state if you did not like the god mode you did not have to use her the added knock-down and energy sap of U13.7 would have been enough to keep the challenge.

Another point. We add all this time formas and R5 fusion cores getting a great build then some nub sees how much but we are kicking and gets mad that the build we sunk countless hours into. is better than there Excalibur they have been playing for 10 minutes.

And what it really comes down to is that pre 13.7 it was near impossible to go longer then 60min in a servival do to dammage drop off being invincible is one thing killing the enemies you are invincible from is a whole other.

Bring here back just the way she was I want to use my ogris again

I think the main problem people are having with this reactive healing is that a focused burst of gunfire at high levels is enough to kill players even when you start casting Blessing from the moment you see their shields dropping.

To fix this, I think a brief invulnerability for all team members, just during the animation, would be okay. It would not be chainable because of the duration on Blessing itself.

I like blessing like how it is right now. 

A whole team with quick thinking and rage is almost invulnerable, especially with 400 energy max each. 

Everytime a teammate is at 5-2... BLESSING HAHAHA INVULNERABILITY YOU CAN'T NERF ME!!!!

Or I just go tanking with Ms. Trinity and spam blessing when I'm low.

It's so exciting now. I have to stare at my health bar AND accuratily shoot at enemies.

And look at my teammate's health.

Any words on the UI improvement?

Edited by jjpdn

I think the main problem people are having with this reactive healing is that a focused burst of gunfire at high levels is enough to kill players even when you start casting Blessing from the moment you see their shields dropping.

To fix this, I think a brief invulnerability for all team members, just during the animation, would be okay. It would not be chainable because of the duration on Blessing itself.

This was pretty much my thinking, except that any effect that player is affected with should be modable in some way. Players should have some incentive for putting time in perfecting the things they love, and in my opinion, that's what the mod system is for/best at.

This was pretty much my thinking, except that any effect that player is affected with should be modable in some way. Players should have some incentive for putting time in perfecting the things they love, and in my opinion, that's what the mod system is for/best at.

Of course you can mod it. There's Natural Talent, isn't there?

UI improvement when?

This.  Or just let us use the old UI with perfectly visible HP bats (its still there if you hit esc)

Also QT is still bad as half the time you get staggered unable to cast or even move and just die there.