Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Can You Bring Back The Old Dojo Tiles?

drft240

Like the title says. Those old Dojo tiles look so good. Every time I trade with someone that has the old Dojo tiles, I just think how lame my Dojo looks. Can you please bring them back or at least make new ones that fit the current grid but have that same old style?

I definitely preferred the style of the older dojo designs. The current ones we have right now feel hollow and life-less, especially the corridors. I feel really claustrophobic when I'm running through those compared to the old corridors.

Indeed.  The old dojo style is much nicer looking.

A more robust solution would be to keep the current "bare bones" tiles, but add all the props (the vines etc) so people can use them if they wish.  An increase in the prop limit per tile would be necessary.

Ohhhh, yet another one of these bring back the old tiles threads.

Those original tiles aren't coming back because they don't line up properly, don't "snap-to" well with the newer decorations, and the derelict style vine designs probably did not fit with the direction DE was taking the lore, either.

I'm hoping we'll eventually get skinnable and tintable rooms using the exising dojos tiles instead, where you select each rooms, skin, tint, and lighting from the door control panels.

They've mentioned they were interested in going that route in several devstreams over the last 6 months or so, and I'm eager to see what they come up with, when any of that eventually hits.

*insert hype for U28 here*

Ohhhh, yet another one of these bring back the old tiles threads.

Those original tiles aren't coming back because they don't line up properly, don't "snap-to" well with the newer decorations, and the derelict style vine designs probably did not fit with the direction DE was taking the lore, either.

I'm hoping we'll eventually get skinnable and tintable rooms using the exising dojos tiles instead, where you select each rooms, skin, tint, and lighting from the door control panels.

They've mentioned they were interested in going that route in several devstreams over the last 6 months or so, and I'm eager to see what they come up with, when any of that eventually hits.

*insert hype for U28 here*

Yeah I know they didn't line up, that's why I was also asking if they couldn't add the originals then could they instead make new ones in the same style that fit the current grid. I would take skins also. The current look is just too plain and sterile looking.

Well you could always merge with my clan, I have all the old tile set, even all the grand halls [which most others lack the grand halls] where I have my throne located... they're simply beautiful. Its too bad the new tile set is so  boring... least the grand halls have some extra doors I guess so thats at least more useful and effecient with space. I can give ya a tour sometime if you wanna look around.

Would be cool if we had a simple button option though to switch between the old and current tile set... maybe even new sets in the future. I believe the choice of this kind of thing should be in the players hands.