Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About... Hybrid Warframes?

MistaToasty

Prime warframes used to have such an allure in the game not only because of their looks but also the countless hours one had to spend farming and grinding orokin towers get them (especially since you couldn't buy them with platinum). However, now that there's prime trading and prime access is more popular there are primes EVERYWHERE!

Nowadays when you go into an online game on warframe frost primes are more common than frosts and rather than a bewildering, awesome sight of dedication to the game, primes are now seen on a regular basis and can easily be bought by new players through trading with platinum.

A friend of mine who I had just introduced to the game told me "I think primes should be the hard to get, end game thing in warframe" (I was crying inside, just having got ember prime on my 300th hour of playing the game) but he had a point, primes are MEANT to be the end game warframe but now they aren't. So I thought of an idea, HYBRID WARFRAMES.

I was thinking, Warframes that combine both powerful orokin technology and newer tenno technology to make the ultimate warframes. I was thinking of slight differences is each power and major differences in cosmetics (this would also be a great way to improve the designs for rhino and frost because honestly, they look like their normal counterparts with a new helmet and colour scheme). I reckon hybrid warframes should require a blueprint, the original waframe, the prime counter part and two more things that only drop in tower IV void (neither of which would be trade-able) and these hybrid warframes would be a true symbol of skill and devotion to the game.

What do you think?

It would make more sense if completing a warframe(getting it to r30) unlocked a token bp that you could then use to create non-tradeable tokens of that warframe for such things. It would also allow curious/interesting future uses of them.

So, you'd need a prime token and a regular token, and the junction tech from the void to craft each blueprint. Would be laborious that way, but would lower the sense of silliness.

I think Primes should just be tweaked to actually offer more of an advantage besides cosmetics. Loki prime is a good step in that direction but instead of adding new hybrid frames with slightly different powers from the original you could just add mods that reflect those powers and are only usable on the prime variant. However you have to actually find them once you have the primed frame through some sort of quest line etc.

You could do a similar thing for the aforementioned cosmetics that drastically change the look, or DE could just add prime specific skins to the market for those that want a whole different look.

The last thing we need is more clutter and dilution. 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I think Primes should just be tweaked to actually offer more of an advantage besides cosmetics. Loki prime is a good step in that direction but instead of adding new hybrid frames with slightly different powers from the original you could just add mods that reflect those powers and are only usable on the prime variant. However you have to actually find them once you have the primed frame through some sort of quest line etc.

The last thing we need is more clutter and dilution. 

That is a good idea, the main gripe I have with the primes at the moment is how easy they can be bought but how hard they can be farmed (resulting in some spending days to aquire them and some spending seconds) but a quest line to prove your worth of a prime warframe may fix that, like if it were very hard and the player would need good weapons (which they would spend time getting) to complete :)

That is a good idea, the main gripe I have with the primes at the moment is how easy they can be bought but how hard they can be farmed (resulting in some spending days to aquire them and some spending seconds) but a quest line to prove your worth of a prime warframe may fix that, like if it were very hard and the player would need good weapons (which they would spend time getting) to complete :)

It will be a while before we have anything like that. We are only just getting our first batch of quests now. But it will help with lessening RNG, add some lore/fun and will make the player feel like they have earned it rather then grinded endlessly for it.

I'd love to see a separate  quest line for each prime and each part is a separate mission(s) within in said quest line. 

Plus it might help the corrupted and orokin get a rework so the towers are more then just loot boxes and actually have a wider variety of enemies beyond grineer and corpus with a shiny new paint job and a funky mask.

New mission types!

New enemies!

Lore!

Less grind!

Whats not to love?

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Wait, so to make this Hybrid Frost, you need both Frost and Frost Prime? And all you get is the same old Frost with nothing new but maybe increased base-stats? 

NO thanks. Rather DE waste their time on the other pointless stuff than bother creating assets for a third clone of the same frame. 

Wait, so to make this Hybrid Frost, you need both Frost and Frost Prime? And all you get is the same old Frost with nothing new but maybe increased base-stats? 

NO thanks. Rather DE waste their time on the other pointless stuff than bother creating assets for a third clone of the same frame. 

Well, I said about about edited powers so maybe freeze would be hitscan, the ice floor thing could go out in three ways instead of one and snow globe could do cold damage to those inside or something. Personally if they made it look baws I would probably get it just for that but I understand others wouldn't :)

Or De can  just move the level cap from 30 to lets say 40 and if the frame is supercharged it costs a extra ten to rank it but the modding count stays at 30 though..................that way the mods and frame cap stays or scratch that lets say gaining a certain amount of exp on a frame makes that cap giving you the blueprint thingy

nah this isn't a good idea i think because in order to get this yea you would need platinum, to make 2 spaces for the original and prime

having Hybrid frames would sound cool but when you said original and prime together i was thinking "nah" maybe it would be better to just have the prime but not original or do something hard like alot of forma & argon crystals.

I think i would go wif wht Gstonez said,

to change rank 30 to 40 with more mod slots.

Edited by Hunter126

Mix Loki and Rhino together, you get Rhoki!

How would his stats and powers work?

Rhoki will have high strength, average speed and low durability.

1)Rhino Decoy- charges forward and leaving behind a decoy of Rhoki.

2)Invisible Skin- becomes indestructible and invisible for a duration.

3)Switch Strength- switches with a target, if it is an enemy, nearby allies gain temporary increased damage and damage rises if attacking the switched target, if an ally, the ally gains extra damage increase.

4)Disarm Stomp- Stomps the ground, damaging and keeping enemies in stasis also causing all enemies do lose their firearm, Disarm lasts 5 seconds longer than stasis.

Edited by Hunter126

Rhoki will have high strength, average speed and low durability.

1)Rhino Decoy- charges forward and leaving behind a decoy of Rhoki.

2)Invisible Skin- becomes indestructible and invisible for a duration.

3)Switch Strength- switches with a target, if it is an enemy, nearby allies gain temporary increased damage and damage rises if attacking the switched target, if an ally, the ally gains extra damage increase.

4)Disarm Stomp- Stomps the ground, damaging and keeping enemies in stasis also causing all enemies do lose their firearm, Disarm lasts 5 seconds longer than stasis.

Haha I meant hybrids of orokin and tenno technology but that sounds epic! Little OP though XD