Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aegis - Gardian Of The Lotus [Warframe]

TuxPenguino

Aegis, valiant and true. So others might live.

Aegis is a full on Defensive Support. Although healing is not in any of his powers, he focuses on armor and damage mitigation. Specifically designed for T4 missions he is a master at defense.

Unlike Frost And Vabaun, this Warframe is a mobile tank capable of soaking in damage while other tenno focus on the attack. This frame will also be viable for future pvp missions as well.

4rLoLVQ.jpg

Here is a glimps. More to come when I get off work. Lol

Edited by Tuxpenguino

Eh... his design doesn't really have that techno-organic feel of the other Warframes. It's cool and all, it just doesn't look very Tenno.

Did you per chance have that design in mind for something else initially, then decide to turn it into a Warframe once you got into the game?

I will admit, this was a drawing I did a while back when Warframe was still in alpha. As Far as the design, yes... it is not as organic, thus the armored state of the Warframe.

The Warframe specs are as follows:

Lore

This is Aegis, Loyal and True. He is one of few that guard the citadel of the Lotus. He is her protection, her defence amongst the stars. Very rarely is he sent to do the bidding of the Lotus, but when the Lotus calls for action, Aegis is there. In the fiercest battles, the most dire of siege, he exists so that others might live. Armored more than any other, tasked with the protection of the Lotus, Aegis is the defender of Tenno. Noted for his mighty armor, forged by the Lotus private armory, he has thwarted all attempts to assassinate the Lotus. For his bravery and unyielding loyalty, he was given a shield forged by the Lotus herself. With this he has withstood the mightiest of foes.

Aegis

Base Statistics

Health 80.0 (350.0 at rank 30)

Power 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Armor 300.0

Shield Capacity 150.0 (500.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 0.6

Stamina 175

Polarities 4 (ability) with 2 D-slots

Aura Polarity V

Abilities

Iron Clad - Damage Mitigation for nearby Tenno + Sentinel (Still working on Kubrow)

Aegis Emits a pulse of energy causing Warframe armor to Harden. As a result a certain percentage of damage is mitigated.

Power Required 35

Mitigates 5% / 10% / 15% / 20%

Passive Proc. Resistance 20% / 40% / 60% / 75%

All Active Procs Nullified For All Tenno

Seismic Blockade - Impregnable Metallic Barrier

Aegis calls his Liset (Tenno Ship) to drop a barrier down to aid in defensive positions. When the Blockade Lands it sends out a shockwave knocking down all enemies within 20m of the landing site. Over time the barrier will break and shatter due to the enemies' siege. (Still Working on how to get it indoors. Kind of like Hydroids Ability)

Power Required 70

Blockade Duration 10sec. / 20sec. / 45sec. / 60sec.

Cooldown for this ability is double the time it is up. (Mods effecting the duration will also effect the cooldown time)

Spearhead – Shield of the Lotus (all frontal damage is reduced by 75%)

Aegis will call for the Shield of the Lotus, where a shield of energy will form and unfold. Aegis will be given a temporary boost in speed as a result of having come in contact with an item directly from the Lotus. Once unfurled, Aegis can now charge forward knocking down and doing impact damage to the enemies he hits.

Power Required 100

Damage 150 / 300 / 500

Duration 5sec. / 7sec. / 9sec

Cooldown 50sec / 70sec / 90sec

Aegis of the Lotus – Light Energy Shield with Deflective Interceptors

Aegis final ability raises a light energy shield granting him or a targeted Tenno damage mitigation as well as orbiting Deflectors that Sense, Block, and Reflect incoming attacks back at the enemy. All Reflected attacks are intensified. (Mods Greatly effect Damage Reflected)

Power Required 120

Duration 10sec. / 20sec. / 30sec.

Mitigates 10% / 30% / 45%

Orbiting Deflectors 3 / 7 / 9

Damage Reflected 120% / 150% / 200%

Enemy Agro Dynamic is by sight

Edited by Tuxpenguino

Ok so abilities:

1. Since it's not total invulnerability, this isn't that bad, but with an intensify/blind rage combo you could get some crazy values on there. This is very strong for a 1.

2. I like this one. No problems here. How would the liset drop a barricade indoors though?

3. Mobile volt shield. Make it break like the 2, or else it'll be easily abused.

4. This feels somewhat underwhelming for a 4. I have no idea what else you could have here, but since the damage reduction is the real draw for these abilities there's no reason to use this one when you could just chain-cast 1.

Like was pointed out by Cobalt, the art is a little funky. Maybe try to get a techno-organic feel going?

My Drawing is a bit limited atm, But i would easily be able to tweak some stuff.... Any suggestions?

1. We can drop some values to be more realistic. To be honest it is just 50 more that rhino stats

2. Indoors is a problem... was thinking of materializing it? IDK any suggestions would be helpful.

3. I have used this mechanic in another game, it seems to work and not break. Limitations of course would be no jumping and a cooldown thats around 60sec.

4. This is a good point. The Orbiting Deflectors could Intensify the damage back at them as i merely chose to reflect the damage as it scales in T4s. But again, suggestions are welcome.

My Drawing is a bit limited atm, But i would easily be able to tweak some stuff.... Any suggestions?

1. We can drop some values to be more realistic. To be honest it is just 50 more that rhino stats

2. Indoors is a problem... was thinking of materializing it? IDK any suggestions would be helpful.

3. I have used this mechanic in another game, it seems to work and not break. Limitations of course would be no jumping and a cooldown thats around 60sec.

4. This is a good point. The Orbiting Deflectors could Intensify the damage back at them as i merely chose to reflect the damage as it scales in T4s. But again, suggestions are welcome.

Well for the drawing I'd just look at pictures of warframes and borrow that aesthetic. It's technology, but it's also organic. There's countoured plates and squishy bits, but not a lot of hard edges.

1. I'd say just scale the values down and you're set. It's only a 1, it shouldn't bee too amazing.

2. Have him summon it up from the ground? That's just a visual effect, it's up to you.

3. The only thing that stops volt's shield from being OP is that enemies will rush right past it, if the shield moved with you you could form an unstoppable rush squad or a moving defensive point. All the abilities like that in this game are stationary.

4. I'll try and think of something, but I'm really not sure. I don't think he needs any CC just because of how effective his team defense buffs are, so I'm not really sure what to do here.

well i think his stats are way too OP

Speed is fine but shields is defense Health isn't defense but something that keeps you alive after defense has been destroyed

Armor & Shields are defense so armor should be high and even though valkyr has a way higher armor than Aegis

lower the stamina he is mobile but too mobile, he's supposed to be a tank isn't he. The highest would be 150

and i think Power should be a bit lowered so its more of absorbing power instead of having alot of power, i think the stats are really High so maybe lower some of the stats.

Aegis

Base Statistics

Health 150.0 (350.0 at rank 30)- too strong, health is not defense but is the thing after defense.

Power 150.0 (300.0 at rank 30)- strong but i thought he can absorb the impact of power so it would make this OP.

Armor 200.0- this one is okay, luckily Valkyr has the highest armor, higher than this concept's armor, you know how high it is right.

Shield Capacity 100.0 (400.0 at rank 30)- maybe this one should be high because it's a defense.

Sprint Speed 0.7- this one is fair

Stamina 175- make the stamina shorter, this tank can be mobile but tanks can't last long with stamina

Polarities 4 (ability) with 2 D-slots

Aura Polarity V

i wrote what i think on the quote

Most of the stats are fine as is, but give a reduction to either health or shields. Most tanky frames either get health tank or shield tank, not both. Numbers aren't really very important for a concept so just getting them in the range of a good value works.

Reworked the shields, health, and armor. As for the stamina I reduced the speed to .6 the reason is simple. Tanks have a great amount of strength to carry their armor. Although they might be slow, they have to have an immense amount of stamina to keep viable in a fight that last long.

I also put the energy values for each of the abilities.

This Warframe concept has been created from feedback from you guys (at least, I tried to)

Name: Aegis (may need a better frame), thanks you, Freelancer27

Appearance: Looks a lot like the mechs in Cartoon Wars 2, except with  more organic like surfaces.

Lore:

When all else fails, and when stealth is not your friend, stay back and let BattleFrame fix the situation.

Powers:

Turret Mode (100 energy):

- restructures it's armor to increase armor by a percentage to a max of 95% damage reduction on health (you would need a lot of mods to do that)

- The Warframe uses other arm to take out a second primary weapon, a copy of it's first one. Turns the primary weapon into an Ak-"weapon name goes here" (includes all the benefices including doubled fire rate, doubled magazine, etc). Trigger turns into auto.

- by auto i mean you can just hold down the trigger to keep firing. If its a optional charge weapon (Dread), it just uses charge but uses only 2/3 of the charge time (also shoots automatically after charge). If it's a need-to-charge like the Ogris, then holding the trigger down just uses 2/3 of the charge time and shoots automatically (you dont have to release the trigger).  

- may eat through ammo REALLY QUICKLY

- aiming makes the Warframe reconstruct the Ak-"primary" into some sort of railgun. Each shot does the amount of damage a whole clip of the Ak-"primary" can do (so if a primary gun does 10 dmg and has 100 ammo per magazine, then ak-"primary"-turned-railgun does 20 x 200 = 4000) and also takes the whole clip, so needs reload afterwards.

- The Warframe also gains a 50% damage reduction.

- The Warframe's total speed is reduced by 80%

- ability can be cancelled out before the end of  the duration by pressing 'change weapon' button

- ability lasts for a certain duration

Melee Mode (75 energy):

- converts the energy used into pure awesomeness.

- melee weapon size increased by 100%.

- melee weapon dmg is increased by a certain percentage

- instant proc, AOE

- increased range by 100%

- weapon swing speed decreased by 25%

- lasts for some duration.

- can be stopped by using another 'mode ability' or just press a button

- will it render Saryn's third ability useless? Well, I was never sure about what was so great about her third ability anyways. Invisibility and Smoke Screen increases your damage by 4X and one of them costs less!

Anti-Air Spray (50 energy):

- will be mostly useless except if combined with Rhino Stomp or against lots of shield and mine drones

- micro-missiles fires from his back and eradicates all flying/not-on-the-ground enemies (eradication does not mean insta-kill or freaken high dmg)

- not very useful, just place holder (anyone have a better idea?)

Speed Mode (25 energy):

- The Mech converts itself into a faster warrior

- run is increased by a huge percentage

- run - kick combination causes a forward rush (like Rhino Charge) instead, not causing nearly as much damage as Rhino Charge but has a certain chance to knock people down.

- reduces armor by 40% or something

- lasts for a certain time, can be stopped by using another ability (any) or just press a button

Stats:

Shield: 100 (max at 300)

Health: 150 (max at 450)

Armor: 500 (a bit lower than Valkyr)

Run: 0.8 (a bit lower than Rhino)

Energy Max: 100 (max at 150)

Objections welcome, but I seem to get a lot of them these days...

And please, if you're going to criticise, say why so that I can fix it.

AND NO, I WAS NOT SMOKING ANYTHING, WTF GUYS

Just so that you have some reference. This is one of my old concepts.

I like the concept especially the rail gun idea. Mind if we collaborate? I just want to see this type of warframe in warframe. Don't matter toeither who gets credit just want to put the best minds on this to get it in the game and as a viable powerhouse of armor.

Just so that you have some reference. This is one of my old concepts.

Sorry I wrote it in the quote section. Lol

Edited by Tuxpenguino

You might wanna rename this concept because Aegis is the name of the shield from the sword-and-board DE's going to release.

How do we know the Shield was not created with this Warframe in mind. As an honor to his great service to the Lotus they made a sword and board as an honor to him. Lol