Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Walkie-Talkie, Corpus Announcer, And Removed Tiles.

Valkyrie9000

The Grineer Walkie-Talkie and Corpus Announcer in Corpus Ships really gave the game a breath of life for me. If undetected by both alarm and sight, then the Grineer Walkie-Talkie sound will play as it used to. While undetected by alarm only, the old Corpus-Announcer lady will speak. (In English?) The announcer could play in the Corpus Ship, Corpus Gas City, and Corpus Outpost. In the Gas City and Outpost, if you are inside a building, it will sound normal. If outside, it will sound muffled. (With a Doppler Effect?)

The removed Raid Tiles and Capture Tiles are all amazing tiles. The Phobos Raid and Void Raid tiles were beautiful, and the Corpus Ship capture tile is very nostalgic. While they do not fit the game modes now, could they return as tiles, without the objective in them? (Capture Targets could be seen in their old capture tiles, but moving around in them rather than stuck in one room?)

I also recall some tiles in the Grineer asteroid map removed. There was the one big tile with the long elevator in the center that seems to have been removed at some unknown point. I think it may have been around the time the new trams were added to the map.

+1 support

I also recall some tiles in the Grineer asteroid map removed. There was the one big tile with the long elevator in the center that seems to have been removed at some unknown point. I think it may have been around the time the new trams were added to the map.

+1 support

Speaking of trams, would anyone be interested in a Grineer Galleon tileset modification where a tram allows us to go through the length (or width [or breadth]) of the ship (and maybe for the Asteroid as well)?

+1 support

Ah yes, I forgot. It was four elevators actually. Agreed.

Ah yes, I forgot. It was four elevators actually. Agreed.

No there was that one (which was also removed) and the room with one big elevator and and ton of staircases/catwalks leading up to the top.

Edit:

I found a small clip of the room I was talking about in one of Mogamu's old videos.

0 min 4 sec - 0 min 13 sec

1 min 2 sec - 1 min 15 sec

In those clips you can briefly see the remove tile.

http://youtu.be/PP6lD5HCG6o?t=0m4s

Edited by Psychosist

Yes, I would like these back in the game again. I certainly make the world feel a little bit more alive. I also liked that the Corpus announcer on ships would react to lockdowns and broken windows. Felt responsive to my actions.

No there was that one (which was also removed) and the room with one big elevator and and ton of staircases/catwalks leading up to the top.

Edit:

I found a small clip of the room I was talking about in one of Mogamu's old videos.

0 min 4 sec - 0 min 13 sec

1 min 2 sec - 1 min 15 sec

In those clips you can briefly see the remove tile.

http://youtu.be/PP6lD5HCG6o?t=0m4s

Forgot about that one.

• 3 months later...

+1 support

I could personally live without that one. As a new player, it was a huge nightmare to navigate especially because the waypoint goal system made it really confusing on where to go. The problem is that new players don't really know how the minimap works yet and on top of all of that, they're trying to learn the other systems in the game. Also, falling down that map was a big waste of time if you had to get to the top.

As players that are familiar with mobility and the minimap, it'd be fine. But goodness, I don't think that map should be anywhere on Mercury (maybe not even Saturn).

I remember the Void raid tile. You could say it lives on in the Derelicts, but I scarcely see it anyway. It's possible that people hated it due to the lightning zone that practically auto-kills you. I'd be down to see it again.

I don't remember the Phobos raid tile though. I'll take your word for it.

Lastly, I'm hoping the Corpus capture tile makes a return too. For whatever reason, I liked seeing that one.

Edited by Otenko