Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Suggestion For Fixing Bladestorm

jjpdn

Ash's bladestorm is sometimes, 'fun' sometimes, well... like a really bad movie.

It's like Transformers without the special effects (no need to remove plot, there already doesn't feel like there is one. Opinion only, please don't argue with me, not the point of this thread)

I read the Bladestorm = Lamestorm topic a few seconds ago, and this is what I suggest:

1. Remove clones, and... well... everything!

2. Get a very high melee damage multiplier, instead of a fix amount of damage.

3. Equiping melee and pressing melee attack teleports to targeted enemy and does assassination / finisher.

4. If there is enemies close to an enemy that you're assassinating / finishing, you include them too in your damage range and does a new cool animation killing those all at once. 

5. Holding channeling button and then assassinating a target lets you teleport back to where you were.

I feel that this is the correct way to do it. This way, he feels like a true assassin.

It still might not be an AOE, but...

I completely disagree.

It still might not be an AOE, but...

...then it isnt a solution. 

The problem with Ash was a viable AoE that was fast enough to assist the team. 

Bladestorm is fine as it is and the only issues at this point are cosmetic, which basically means "who cares". 

Here's an idea:

Have bladestorm drop a smokebomb on all enemies in the area of effect (simultaneously). Then have clones pop up behind all affected enemies to execute finishers.

Wouldn't necessarily even have to tie Ash up in the skill, and would provide utility (smoke blind/stun effect) as well as AoE damage. All while still being flashy (or smokey).

Edited by Meenmu

Here's an idea:

Have bladestorm drop a smokebomb on all enemies in the area of effect (simultaneously). Then have clones pop up behind all affected enemies to execute finishers.

Wouldn't necessarily even have to tie Ash up in the skill, and would provide utility (smoke blind/stun effect) as well as AoE damage. All while still being flashy (or smokey).

I think at that point, it becomes too powerful. At the moment, Bladestorm is the most damaging skill in the game. It does need that time where Ash is unable to do more. To have his clones go attack AND allowing Ash to act independently of it is overpowered in my opinion.