Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Accelerant Bug

Churpy

Ember's Accelerant skill is said to enhance all fire damage on the affected targets. However, this is false. The only enhanced damage is for Ember's own skills. Any fire elemental damage from weapons is not enhanced. I'm not sure if this is working as intended or if it is a bug, but I strongly believe that Heat damage from weapons should be enhanced.

The weapons I tested this with were the Despair, the Karak, and the Scoliac.

I have tested this both as the host and as a client.

I have not tested if the damage is enhanced for others.

Edited by Churpy

ah...yes thats cause those weapons do physical dmg.  the only dmg that is buffed is whe nthey roll a status proc for fire.   not gas, radiaiton, or blast.  JUST PURE FIRE. no other elements added on.

best use is ignis.

it will not boost bleed, puncture, or impact at all. even if you have a fire mod on it.  it will only buff the fire dmg from a status proc on the weapon.

of coarse, its hard to tell and i honestly dont know if it actually works.  accelerant has been nothing but trouble!

issue after issue after BADLY IMPLIMENTED issue.

it was a good idea, but not implimented fully. its incomplete.

Yeah, exactly what I mean. The Ignis does Heat damage so I have added just fire elemental mods to all of my weapons so that they do Heat damage too, and it does not get buffed whatsoever..it's interesting that it is buffed on a fire status proc. Definitely need some clarification on what it's supposed to be doing.

Just tested Accelerant on T3 Exterminate solo using Ignis, Lex Prime, Despair, Scoliac with heat damage.

It works fine. No bugs here.

Edit: Turns out it's a host vs client issue where clients do not receive heat damage boost from Accelerant.

Edited by Yopee

Just tested Accelerant on T3 Exterminate solo using Ignis with heat damage.

It works fine. No bugs here.

It only works with the Ignis Heat damage. You can add Heat damage to other weapons too, you know..

Check my edit. Testing despair now too so will get back to you real quick.

Edit: Despair with heat works as well. No bugs as far as I can tell.

Edit2: Just tried Scoliac as well and it works too. You're on your own with Karak though. I don't have that weapon.

Edited by Yopee

I tried with and without against Infested and both times I was hitting for 961x2. Now I'm just confused.

8tPG4Cf.png

^Despair that I am using.

Is it because I have another compound on there?

Edited by Churpy

I tried with and without against Infested and both times I was hitting for 961x2. Now I'm just confused.

8tPG4Cf.png

^Despair that I am using.

Is it because I have another compound on there?

Oh now we're onto something. I will try too on T3 exterminate and see. Hang on.

Edit: Works fine on T3 Exterminate and Dark Sector defense Sechura. I was hitting ~850 without and ~1800 with Accelerant on an Infested Charger. Doesn't seem like the corrosive affects it.

Here's my build:

Warframe2014-07-1222-25-08-29_zpsbf5d262

Warframe2014-07-1222-25-13-87_zps89d6f7d

Edited by Yopee

Hmh, it's still broken for me, testing it out right now..what on earth is wrong with this skill -_-

EDIT: Confirming it is still broken, T2 Void hitting the same dmg non-Accelerant and Accelerant.

EDIT 2: I'll add that I'm using the regular Ember, noticed you are using Ember Prime.

Edited by Churpy

Hmh, it's still broken for me, testing it out right now..what on earth is wrong with this skill -_-

EDIT: Confirming it is still broken, T2 Void hitting the same dmg non-Accelerant and Accelerant.

Well that's really weird. I believe you said your Ignis works fine with Accelerant but not with other weapons, right? If one weapon works then all weapons should work.

I doubt this will change anything but try T3 Exterminate solo with Ignis and Despair.  I tested my weapons there solo and Accelerant worked.

Edit: Oh good point about Ember Prime versus Ember. I don't have Ember but let's hope someone else with Ember and Ember Prime here can test Accelerant. That just might be it.

Just to be clear, I'm running maxed Accelerant, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity, Constitution, Intensify, rank 2 Blind Rage, rank 1 Stretch. Maxed Rifle Amp for aura. Those are the only mods that would affect Accelerant and damage on my Ember Prime.

Edited by Yopee

I don't actually have the Ignis, I had just heard that the damage did actually change with Accelerant. It's actually on the wiki as well, that's how I initially found out. Hopefully someone can clarify what is happening here because I would really like to make use of that damage boost.

Edited by Churpy

I don't actually have the Ignis, I had just heard that the damage did actually change with Accelerant. It's actually on the wiki as well, that's how I initially found out. Hopefully someone can clarify what is happening here because I would really like to make use of that damage boost.

once again. it will NOT change the dmg you do for your main hits.

the ONLY dmg it changes is the fire proc dmg.  aka not every hit. when you light enemys on fire. that dmg is boosted.  no other

once again. it will NOT change the dmg you do for your main hits.

the ONLY dmg it changes is the fire proc dmg.  aka not every hit. when you light enemys on fire. that dmg is boosted.  no other

That's really weird because it increased the damage for my heat damage on every hit without proc (i.e. enemy wasn't panicking on fire nor suffering from fire proc DoT and still took more damage each hit).

Were you using Ember or Ember Prime? Churpy seems to have a similar problem with no additional heat damage with Ember like you describe.

Edited by Yopee

Accelerant increases the fire portion of my damage regardless of the weapon, and regardless of whether the hit procs or not.  

Except two people here are saying otherwise which makes me question if there really is a bug going on for Accelerant.

Are you using Ember or Ember Prime for your Accelerant?

Did more testing today. Completed a round trip of the game's factions.

I can definitely confirm that there is no bonus damage on Infested whatsoever. As for Corpus, it's really hard to tell when the numbers split off into shields, etc, but they looked very similar so I do not think there was bonus damage there either. Tried T1, 2, and 3 Void missions, Accelerant definitely had no effect there either.

Finally, I just tested Grineer...and..the Accelerant damage was there. It actually worked. Just for Grineer. No other faction. Ultimately..very confusing.

Something tells me that this needs even FURTHER testing, or some kind of official clarification. It's driving me crazy to know after that Grineer mission what exactly is causing this to work/not work.

I was thinking it was something to do with their flesh and armor types, but it really just doesn't make sense, especially when a few of us in the topic are seeing something else.

It seems to just be complete hit or miss as to whether the damage is buffed or not.

Ok so it sounds like Accelerant is absolutely broken for you if it only works on Grineer.

I'm tempted to test this with you, Churpy, in a mission. You bring Ember and I bring Ember Prime as well as Despair with heat. Add me in game and if I happen to be online I can test this out with you.

So Churpy and I tested this in update 13 and it turns out to be a host vs client issue where only the host receives the bonus fire damage buff.

Waiting for update 14 to arrive and then another test to see if this bug is addressed.

Edited by Yopee

So Churpy and I tested this in update 13 and it turns out to be a host vs client issue where only the host receives the bonus fire damage buff.

Waiting for update 14 to arrive and then another test to see if this bug is addressed.

thank you for the information =)