Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Physical Differentiation Between Frames

By this, I mean no two same class frames would be alike.

Eg: You can alter your Excalibur's height, build and specific limb lengths to make him more lanky, or be short and squat.

You can make your Rhino look graceful like an oldschool bodybuilder, or thicker like a powerlifter.

It is said that there are multiple Excalibur, and multiple of other frames, and if they are individuals they won't look the same.

Suggestions?

Would never happen. DE is adamant on keeping the whole idea that each warframe has a unique tenno, which means when we play as Excalibur and swap to Ash, we don't just swap suits, we swap the tenno INSIDE them as well. It's why genderswap is such a no-no.

(though it is EXTREMELY weird when two or more members of the party can use the same frame, but oh well.)

Would never happen. DE is adamant on keeping the whole idea that each warframe has a unique tenno, which means when we play as Excalibur and swap to Ash, we don't just swap suits, we swap the tenno INSIDE them as well. It's why genderswap is such a no-no.

(though it is EXTREMELY weird when two or more members of the party can use the same frame, but oh well.)

well, there's a theory that states that we, the players, are not the tenno themselves, but are instead directing all the tenno in our list of tenno. and no, the warframes dont belong to unique tenno, that would suggest that there are only one of each.by the theory that each warframe is its own character, it must be understood that, with the implication of the yet-to-be Focus system, there are different tenno combat arts and roles. just like there are different positions in football or any other sport. it basically means that during the Orokin Era, there were multiple tenno that took on the practices on one of the many archetypes that currently exist. there were a bunch of rhinos, excaliburs, embers, ect. like there are different college majors, there isnt one person to a major, theres multiple people..

i think that is what DE is trying to stress, but still doesnt legitimize the idea that they want to keep the Warframes gender locked...they claim to want warframes to be their own characters, but was it not them that said that we make the story for ourselves? and not only that, if that's the case, then why allow us to customize the frames to the extent that we do? it makes no sense....

I believe they've actually spoken on this before (maybe, maybe not). In any case and among other things, there'd have to be a very strict limit with different dimensions and proportions, as DE would not want anything breaking model skeletons or messing up animations even more. Honestly, that alone would stop it from happening. Well...at the very least, stop it from happening anytime in the foreseeable. However..

Eh... it's a decent idea, but I think the frames work better if you think of them not as classes but as relatively unique characters.

This. Each Frame is a unique character, and they should have unique looks. Plus, it'd just look wrong to having a shorter/heavier Excaliber standing next to a taller/thinner Excaliber.

Now, that isn't to say I wouldn't goof around and make some characters look hilarious. I'd definitely do that lol. It's just that I don't think it'll ever happen.

I think this is more or less a technical limitation.  I'm assuming they all share one skeleton, that's why they are relatively the same height with only some of the helmets helping in differentiation.  This would make sense as it lets them share the stances and attacks with all the warframes.  The issue with creating a different skeleton unique to each warframe is having to do a complete new animation on each one  and also the amount of animation data that they would have to load as the number of frames would just keep on increasing.  Maybe they could scale up or down the skeletons for each one but still using the same one, however the issue with this are the firearm and melee weapon grips not lining up....it just seems like a logistical nightmare.