Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe Seems To Make My Laptop Screen Shut Off

eternitystar

Hey, I'm having a serious problem. A week or two ago, when i was playing warframe, my laptop screen suddenly shut off. My computer is still on, but i can't do anything with it b/c the screen is black as if it is off, except that it's not off. I thought that my laptop was,overheating, so i let it cool for a bit before playing again. Then, it happened again. I took apart my laptop to clean off the dust on my cooling fan to make sure that it isn't a overheating issue. When i turned it on again, even before i got to my homescreen, my screen shut off. Its happeneing everytime i try to use my laptop. So, assuming that it is a virus or something on my pc, i used my other laptop. I didnt have warframe on my other laptop, so i downloaded it. After downloading it, i played the game for two days before the same problem occured to the one i started playing on. Again, i cleaned the fan, but despite that, the issue recurred.

So, I've come to the conclusion that warframe had caused something malicious to BOTH of my laptops, although it isn'T detected by my antivirus software. If you guys have this issue or have suggestions that might fix this, please help.

Download anything sketchy from weird e-mails or strange websites lately? Something you're sharing between computers?

There isn't anything malicious in Warframe; there are no viruses or things that hijack your computer and make it crash.

Your hardware might be failing (computer chips don't last forever). It could be a driver or software issue (faulty/corrupted/out-of-date drivers, DirectX software, etc). If your two separate computers have the same exact hardware, then it could just be a one-in-a-million fluke of Warframe not playing nice with your computers.

Just for the record, what are the specs of your two computers? Do they meet the minimum requirements?

if you have those D-something something dell laptops that can be customized then you may be pressing on the power button to much or too hard. Cause for most laptops the power button is right on to of a thing that is connected to the screen that gives it certian visuals or something. Get a new part or laptop. ( I dont remember what that part is called)

well, I'm not a techy guy, so I'm not sure which info to provide. So I'll just give those that i think are specs. Lol.

Processor : AMD Turion II N530 Dual Core Processor (2 CPUS) ~ 2.5GHz

Memory 4096MB Ram

DirectX:11

Device Name : AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

DAC Type: Internal DAC (400 MHz )

Hope it helps. And yeah, maybe there is something wrong with my computer. But I didnt come to the conclusion that warframe may have conflicting issues with my pc b/c i just played warframe for 2 days on my second computer after not using that computer at all for an extended period. Once i started using it again, while playing warframe, the issue occured.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say your laptops overheated. HP notebooks are notorious for their poor cooling, and I've had friends who have tried to play games on HP notebooks and it's caused their systems to become damaged from the heat.

Also, just checking your specs, your system is not DX11 capable. The Mobility Radeon 4250 only supports up to DirectX 10.1. Although DirectX Diagnostic will tell you DirectX 11, that's just telling you which binaries you have installed, not the version which your system is actually running.

The 4250M isn't even a dedicated GPU chipset, it's an integrated one (similar to the Intel GMA 4500, or the HD 2000 integrated line from Intel). It would already struggle to run Warframe, coupled with the fact that AMD CPUs/GPUs run very, very hot would likely have been the cause.

If you're unable to get your computers to boot properly, and if they're going blank/crashing/misbehaving without even launching Warframe at this point, then your computers have likely suffered physical damage to the motherboard components due to overheating. You should probably contact HP if this is the case.

But If your computers are running fine (i.e. you can use them normally as long as you don't run Warframe) but start misbehaving after you launch warframe, make sure that DX11 is unchecked in the launcher. Also uncheck "Fullscreen", "64-Bit" and "Multithreaded Rendering". This will launch your game in a veritable "safe mode" while windowed.

"If you're unable to get your computers to boot properly, and if they're going blank/crashing/misbehaving without even launching Warframe at this point, then your computers have likely suffered physical damage to the motherboard components due to overheating. You should probably contact HP if this is the case."

yeah, thats what's happening atm. i appreciate your response and speculation to what may have happened to my pc and advice about how i should play warframe in the future. Now that i think about it, you are probably right about the overheating and that it may have damaged my systems.

Sadly... i dont think i can even play games anymore. Lol. On both computers. I tried playing maplestory on one pc and the issue occurred yet again. After pressing the power button to shut it off and back on again, i attempted to play an online game, such as those on Kongregate, but again the issue never fails to arise. Then, i tried watching an episode of Breaking Bad (haha) and it seemed to work. Idk... i was thinking that the issue would come up whenever i utlilize any form of entertainment, but i can watch movies.

oh... and i began to speculate that it has something to do with my charger as well... apparently, one of my laptops works without a charger plugged in to it, but once i plug it in, in about 10 seconds the screen shuts off. I retried this about 5 times and the same result occurred. bleh... ima get a new pc

-____-