Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Having Trouble With Double Elements.

Dex_Furries

Question

So, I'm currently trying to mod my Dual Ichor to inflict both Viral Damage and Corrosive damage so it could be effective all around against flesh and armor, but first off I should probably ask, is this even possible?

If it is possible, how would I go about doing this? I read the Wiki article on Damage 2.0 and the Damage Hierarchy, so the way I have my mods set up should be fine, however, I am only getting Viral and Electricity out of it.

I have North Wind (Cold) in the first slot, Virulent Scourge (Toxic) in the second slot, so that makes Viral and then for the third and fourth slots, I have Voltaic Strike (Electric) and Fever Strike (Toxic), respectively, which should make corrosive, correct? I have also attempted to put Voltaic Strike and Fever Strike in slot 7 and 8 as well just for giggles, but no change.

Am I doing something wrong?

8 answers to this question

Try switching it around so that the two TOXIC mods are together. so basically like this.. North Wind, Virulent Scourge, Fever Strike, Voltaic Strike

Hmmm... Just tried that and it seems to have the same result as before, Just Viral and Electricity.

You arent able to get viral and corrosive unless the weapon has innate viral or corrosive damage. Dual Ichor has innate toxic. Simply adding the  north wind wil give you viral, however, when you add more toxic it will just stack onto the existing viral damage.

You arent able to get viral and corrosive unless the weapon has innate viral or corrosive damage. Dual Ichor has innate toxic. Simply adding the  north wind wil give you viral, however, when you add more toxic it will just stack onto the existing viral damage.

Aha, I guess that explains it. Thank you very much. I'll have to figure something else out then.

i attempted every way i could to see if it works, im concluding you cannot have viral and corrosive on duel ichor because both require toxin damage,

and because the ichor comes with base toxin damage, 

this happens.

you add a cold mod to get viral, but now no matter where you your toxin mod, it doesn't count the toxin mod, as a separate toxin damage from the weapons base toxin,

it merely add the toxin mods to the weapons base toxin,

basically you cant do viral and corrosive, because you cant have 2 different sources of toxin on this weapon,

because any toxin mods just add to the weapons base toxin damage,

you cant have corrosive and viral on a weapon that doesn't have base toxin damage

but for weapon with its own toxin damage, you have to chose one or the other.

hope this helps.