Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will There Ever Be Iconic Tennos?

Zeitzbach

The more patches we get, the more bosses we get to see, hate or like, and kill. Dude like Darvo might reappear once in awhile to say hi in the future.

Meanwhile, the tenno is stuck with an old grumpy woman that can only say "It's the Grineer". What about the frost dude that appeared to save the sleeping prince before he had his first kiss stolen by Captain Vor? The Rhino that could Hulk smash in the trailer?

Lotus loves to say "Yeah reinforcement is coming and stuffs" so why not have those Tennos come and say "Hi! We're on our way" once in awhile as well?

Frost McCold could appear in Mercury like he did in the trailer after he saved you and guides you to dealing with Vor beside "VOR HAS TELAHPORTUUUUUUU. BEWAREEEEEE Tenno.."

Maybe Cali The Excalibro can appear in Jupiter in the first stage (Thebe) telling you he already delivered the load to another location and it's up to you to deal with the current one before he is forever gone and only mentioned again in Themisto by Lotus that "Cali was captured by Alad V and you need to save him" (Only to have him dismembered, of course)

And of course, all the female frames are bedridden thanks to not only catching Technocyte virus while they were sleeping, they also caught cancer.

Even if it has be told many times that the Tennos will never speak, it is sure that they somehow a way to communicate between them.

So, what about a textual way ? It could be considered that their frames allow them to write and send their toughts to another frame. In which case we could have - for instance  - direct feedback from the Tenno operative in survival, appearing just like a message from the lotus : portrait + text. And eventually the same in defense with the extration team, and so on.

Good idea

And of course, all the female frames are bedridden thanks to not only catching Technocyte virus while they were sleeping, they also caught cancer.

Uh, WTF?  I think you might have some issues that could do with professional help.  Before you hurt someone.

I like the idea of giving npc tennos a hint of personality.Could make the game somewhat cinematic if done right.You could take it a step further give them a face underneath the helmet that they would show every now and then.I remember on a devstream they mentioned they thought about giving tennos faces but decided against it(most likely fan backlash would be huge).So why not just do that on tenno npcs you would meet through out the solar system.

I've been asking this in the livestream thread for several weeks now. We really need some other friendly faces besides the Lotus and Darvo.

Also, other players/Tenno yell at us during the dark sector conflicts; we can communicate. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to include some NPC tenno. Imagine how much of a refreshing change it'd be if, instead of the Lotus for an alert, we had a specific tenno guiding us through the mission instead, or even randomly popping in to help with certain missions. The AI's there; we have Stalker already.

Meh. I just really like characters, and that's my main gripe with this game as it stands. We're lonely tenno with no friends.

I agree with these ideas, but I just ask for one thing : no tenno voice & no helmet removal. Please.

When you're fan of Batman, you're fan of Batman. Bruce Wayne is a little bonus...

we need voice. maybe an unknown language and text appears like in the dark sectors?

we need voice. maybe an unknown language and text appears like in the dark sectors?

I agree but not an unknown language.Has to be english seeing thats what the lotus speaks and what the grineer go through all the trouble in learning.