The sauce (thank you very much Silverbones) :

What it'll possibly look like :

silver-aegis-new-weapon.jpg

One of the combo :

Front view :

Back view :

I could see i having a combo that ends with you doing this

Ken-shoryu-ts.gif

MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Ahem, now that I've calmed down. Must have. *cough*

Um, this better not be extremely difficult to obtain and/or be a crappy weapon or so help me...

It's also too bad I don't really have a knight-like frame. My Frost Prime is a Samurai-Frame.

Edited by ManiacalProdigy

I'll be honest about it. I was really excited to see the "final" version of this weapon, but I find it really underwhelming compared to what the original sketch by Silverbones showed. Whether he actually agrees or not with me is besides the point, so I'll simply give my opinion. My grip is focused on the flame effects, since the rest of the design is top-notch IMO.

1. Flames effect lacks impact and presence

While the flame effects work well for a syandana (Pyra) since it's thin and wispy therefore fitting for a cloth-like accessory, it takes a lot of weight away from the weapon when it's applied on Silva and Aegis. It's even more apparent when you look at the thumbnail on Theliset.com, where the fire is almost transparent. IIRC, the original concept was for it to be made of high ether energy similar to the ether weapon, which would have solidified its appearance much more instead of making it look so fragile. With the shield-throwing animations, I would expect the ether/bursting fire energy to be the part that hits the enemies, solid or strong enough in its burst so that it can burn enemies in such a maneuver. However, with the way the flames look, I feel that the metal parts of the shield would hit them instead, not the surging energy.

Though I'm talking about the shield right now, it's even "worse" with the sword in a sense. In the original sketch, the sword looked like it could cut and burn through surfaces due to highly concentrated energy, contained into a sword shape due to Tenno technology, creating what appears to be a solid form. Here in the teaser, however, it's almost transparent, and the flames seems to be a simple "torch" that vaguely reminds us of a sword shape. It looks like something that can be extinguished easily, instead of a constantly bursting, highly potent flame blade.

2. Flames effect on sword overlapping makes it look weaker

Continuing with the argument that the sword doesn't really look like a sword, but only refers to it with a much simpler and "ordinary" flame shape, the fact that the flames also take over the metal part above the guard gives even an impression of being a fleeting power, instead of a concentrated energy. It's as if it was simply igniting, again, which makes it look weaker in the end since the energy isn't bursting strong enough to "hit" enemies. It only makes me wonder how I could slash and burn through foes with that, since there's no "high-energy edge" like in the original concept.

My verdict? While I like the idea of making it a flaming weapon, I feel that too much emphasis has been put in making it "flame-like" instead of flame energy concentrated with ether technology. I personally think it would have been better to stick to the original idea of ether materials, but what's done is done.

Only visual improvements can be made now, and my opinion is that it needs some to match the impact of the sketch, where the "high-energy emitters" were well-shown. I don't feel it at all in the current flames effect.

Edited by Casardis

Melee attackers get set on fire \o/, but this will probably need a new stance....a new rare stance. Also have a feeling it'll have a knock down somewhere in its combo, dat shield bash ;p

It will be a clan tech weapon that takes 500 oxium and 50 argon crystals to build.  The stance will be a rare stance from a super rare enemy and it will sell for about 500 plat on the market.  

It will be a clan tech weapon that takes 500 oxium and 50 argon crystals to build.  The stance will be a rare stance from a super rare enemy and it will sell for about 500 plat on the market.  

Something tells me that, if DE managed to finish it at this point, the stance will drop from Infested Juggernaut. After all, wouldn't it be fitting that Silverbones' weapon stance drops from his enemy design? Juggernaut also has a frontal "armor," echoing with the concept of a shield.

Edited by Casardis

Something tells me that, if DE managed to finish it at this point, the stance will drop from Infested Juggernaut. After all, wouldn't it be fitting that Silverbones' weapon stance drops from his enemy design? Juggernaut also has a frontal "armor," echoing with the concept of a shield.

Nah it will drop from some rare Osprey or MOA because reasons.  

Now this would be a nice idea, give people a reason to go check out the infested tile set more often. Plus, would keep the RNG a little lower than usual

its logical isn't it, when projectiles or enemies get close the fire hazard shield melts them, reducing there combat effectiveness to zero

======================================================================================================

only odd thing i can think about is the stances, if they add another one that would mark 4-ish weapons with unique stances, which poses a unique conundrum:

-make more samey weapons without anything flashy or unique

-continue making uber-fantastical weapons that are fresh, but horribly dilute drop tables and increase tedium

i'l just have to put a kettle on boil in the avalanche-cave

Edited by AdmiralAvalanche

its logical isn't it, when projectiles or enemies get close the fire hazard shield melts them, reducing there combat effectiveness to zero

======================================================================================================

only odd thing i can think about is the stances, if they add another one that would mark 4-ish weapons with unique stances, which poses a unique conundrum:

-make more samey weapons without anything flashy or unique

-continue making uber-fantastical weapons that are fresh, but horribly dilute drop tables and increase tedium

i'l just have to put a kettle on boil in the avalanche-cave

Or better yet get rid of stances all together and a way for you to learn the combos instead