Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failing A Mission Consumes Keys Now?

Onisa

Apparently there was a decent stink over it, about a week or so after Loki Prime was released. DE admitted they forgot to add something (a Latron Prime part?) to the drop tables, but refused to refund any keys. No clue if they backpedaled from that or not but I haven't seen it mentioned since.

I was there for the initial rotation-based tables and the modern tables.  As far as I know it was only the initial tables that were missing an part, and then only for one day (as that's how long it took for the initial table change to get revamped as players complained of dilution nonstop).

Or do you mean that an item was listed but was not actually dropping?

I was there for the initial rotation-based tables and the modern tables.  As far as I know it was only the initial tables that were missing an part, and then only for one day (as that's how long it took for the initial table change to get revamped as players complained of dilution nonstop).

Or do you mean that an item was listed but was not actually dropping?

I'm fairly certain it was listed in the forum post but not put into the tables, as it would be difficult to ask for keys back because Y part wasn't included unless you knew what key it was supposed to be under. I wasn't in the forums much at the time but I remember reference to it.

On the original topic I was unable to recreate a loss of capture key so that may not have been a recent occurrence. Only real issue I've found with playing with someone who's been here since day one. Something he may mention could have happened last week or last year. If and when I get spare exterminate keys I'll test that one under controls as well, though I do know that the objective is considered complete and people cannot join after 40 or so kills.

I was here on open beta day one, and key-based missions didn't exist, so yeah there have been various changes to mission systems as the game has gone on.

That's why it's important to actually test and report bugs you've experienced recently, so you can also get info for DE to try to fix it.

I was here on open beta day one, and key-based missions didn't exist, so yeah there have been various changes to mission systems as the game has gone on.

That's why it's important to actually test and report bugs you've experienced recently, so you can also get info for DE to try to fix it.

A pity DE makes that difficult in certain instances. As it stands, I've never gotten the mod Continuity from Ruk since it was moved there. Only from Void containers.

While you don't get all the other loot this way, it meant that 1 key = 1 item of your choice.

As far as how it harms the game, it makes farming for keys not that relevant because you're guaranteed to get what you want with a single key and it as such it means that the rarer stuff is no longer as rare (Especially with the updated loot tables giving the 20 minute reward in survivals a significantly higher chance at being a prime part)

1 key + tens of hours of grinding = 1 item of your choice. You missed a very important component there.

And about the glitch, personally i had no problem with using it to run survival/defense over and over again till the wanted drop considering the old reward system which was to put it blunt, utter S#&$.

In that way the glitch was not unfair(?) in my opinion, cause it was accessible for all and a way to bypass the old reward system that felt more like punishing than rewarding.

Doesn't mean i'm font of glitches that can be exploited in a somewhat gamebreaking way, if you go a bit further.

If you look on it on a bigger picture and bring dojo's and trading into consideration.

Exaggerating, imagine someone with 10k+ formas and an ridiculous amount of platin that he made through trading prime parts/BP's, who never put a single dime into buying platin.

There is no "old" and "new" reward system. You're no more likely to find useful bits now than you were back in 10.3. If anything, drop table rotations have made the system worse (see: the vast amount of keys you're going to get from T1 missions).

And it's hardly gamebreaking considering the multiple days worth of grinding required to obtain a large amount of tradeable prime bits.

This seems like less of a problem with the players and more of a problem with the way rewards are dealt out.

^^

This wins the thread.

Fix the stupid loot system and maybe players won't be tempted to game the system.

Community finds drop tables to be broken to the point where they find out exploit and it becomes widely used.

Instead of making drops more reasonable its better to just fix an exploit without doing anything with problem itself.

Yes it was an exploit and it should be fixed, but these ppl had their reasons to use them.

While a token system wouldn't technically fix the drop tables, it would relieve a good amount of the frustration present currently.

You wouldn't even have to add the tokens to the drop tables or anything, but as a trade in when you 'scrap' unwanted parts. Not unlike selling them for credits now. Hek, add keys to the list as well. I know I'd like to be able to trade in all those T2 Defense keys I cant scrounge a reliable group for.

But DE doesn't want to add another currency to the game.

It seems more like they don't want to put a visible value on things in the void (besides what they sell, that is) though.

And I'm back to scrounging for 'useful' keys, or keys with a decent chance to drop 'useful' ones.

So if I'm pushing myself in solo T1 survival and decide I can't make the 40 min mark I loose the loot and the key if I don't make it out?

Wonderful.

My friend and I have also lost Exterminate and Capture keys this way.

"Pushing" yourself to solo T1? O_o

Wow...

"Pushing" yourself to solo T1? O_o

Wow...

My apologies if I purposely don't break my gear and trivialize 90% of the game. I'd rather struggle at 35 minutes with tier appropriate gear then breeze through until I get one or two shotted.