Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unobtainable Mods Are Essential Mods...

Tengu-musume

dAqDmKq.png

Whether you: are a new player, like to play solo, someone TKed you with void lasers, or are a veteran player who made a mistake, going down often means the mission is about to fail because your teammates will be rushing to your location, risking the objective or their health to revive you.

Especially with the introduction of T4 void, this mod would really help many squads in those risky situations.

0u7XpVm.png

Hopefully the sniper buff promised with U14 will make this mod obsolete because this mod discourages people.

"Your sniper rifle will never reach its full potential, even when you have maxed your Serration."

Whether the sniper buff means that the general gameplay will change from close-to-midrange combat against near zero intelligence, bumrushing enemies into fighting smarter enemies who will make long-range combat useful is also something that will affect the sniper rifles...

Edit: By "essential" I mean things that would be of great help for a great diversity of players. Technically, no mod is "essential" because as long as you're doing a single point of dmg, you can eventually kill anything.

*sigh*

Edited by Chlora

Is Primed Chamber an event exclusive? I forget how I got mine... I just know that I have 2 and I had heard they weren't in the game in the more so have deliberately not touched them. 

Yes it is and they go for thousands of plat in the Trading channel.

Yes it is and they go for thousands of plat in the Trading channel.

Damn wow.... o.O

And on the wider topic... Sacrifice is definitely a mod I would like for solo gaming.... I heard it was released accidently, through transmutation if I remember correctly, then taken away and only a handful of people have it. Is it tradeable? 

Sacrifice is meh at the best. I would rather have working sentinel than one that dies when i am downed.

As for Primed Chamber, i dont use Snipers in general, and when i used them i didnt feel any less powerful.

Read what I wrote below the picture. There are valid reasons why Sacrifice would help players so much.

"i didnt feel any less powerful" is too vague to take seriously as a counter.

Not everyone has a maxed Serration and Primed Chamber would help a lot of players. It's about time anyway imo.

Damn wow.... o.O

And on the wider topic... Sacrifice is definitely a mod I would like for solo gaming.... I heard it was released accidently, through transmutation if I remember correctly, then taken away and only a handful of people have it. Is it tradeable? 

Sacrifice is no longer tradeable.

dAqDmKq.png

Whether you: are a new player, like to play solo, someone TKed you with void lasers, or are a veteran player who made a mistake, going down often means the mission is about to fail because your teammates will be rushing to your location, risking the objective or their health to revive you.

Especially with the introduction of T4 void, this mod would really help many squads in those risky situations.

0u7XpVm.png

Hopefully the sniper buff promised with U14 will make this mod obsolete because this mod discourages people.

"Your sniper rifle will never reach its full potential, even when you have maxed your Serration."

Whether the sniper buff means that the general gameplay will change from close-to-midrange combat against near zero intelligence, bumrushing enemies into fighting smarter enemies who will make long-range combat useful is also something that will affect the sniper rifles...

Defeatist mechanics are crutches and never essential to gameplay. Quick thinking is an example of this. If you seek a defensive mod for players through their Sentinel, acquire Guardian. Guardian restores your shield when it reaches zero. This can occur again after 30 seconds, effectively doubling your shield strength.

Primed Chamber along with Charged Chamber is only effective on the Vectis. Every other sniper has to be forced to reload after every shot in order to actually utilize the bonus damage. That will lower the overall DPS even more for other snipers which are definitely not known to be great for already. So no, it is a niche weapon mod. It is not essential to gameplay because the majority of players do not use use a Vectis.

Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro :P

Or maybe Vitality should be called an essential mod?

Valkyr. /argument

Primed Chamber... Isn't that essential.

There's only one Sniper Rifle that constantly gets the benefit from it (Vectis), all the rest severely reduce their fire rate in order to have it for every shot (By reloading after each shot) or only have it available for a fraction of the time (1/4 of the time for Snipetron and Vulkar, 1/6 of the time for Snandal and 1/10 of the time for Lanka)

Though... As it stands, the rebalancing of the Sniper Rifles might actually come with a small event re-releasing Primed Chamber. If I recall correctly, it was mentioned that they intended to re-release Primed Chamber but they were waiting for an event where it would make sense to have it in.... Rebalancing the Sniper Rifles is about the closest thing you can get to a giant neon sign saying "THIS IS AN APPROPRIATE EVENT".

Sacrifice doesn't sound essential either.

Ooh, you get to revive once (Twice if using Regen)... Doesn't seem like a big deal. Not when Guardian exists and functions as a full shield replenish every 30 seconds (With a lot of builds Shields is essentially their entire health, a lot of people like to run with Redirection but not Vitality)

Especially not when it requires your Sentinel to be alive (A lot of the things that kill people are AoE - Napalm hits, Bombard hits, Grenades in T4 etc) which when there's so few ways to actually heal them, can be an issue. I know for me, my Sentinel dies way, way, way before I get close to death.

Edited by Tarille

Defeatist mechanics are crutches and never essential to gameplay. Quick thinking is an example of this. If you seek a defensive mod for players through their Sentinel, acquire Guardian. Guardian restores your shield when it reaches zero. This can occur again after 30 seconds, effectively doubling your shield strength.

Primed Chamber along with Charged Chamber is only effective on the Vectis. Every other sniper has to be forced to reload after every shot in order to actually utilize the bonus damage. That will lower the overall DPS even more for other snipers which are definitely not known to be great for already. So no, it is a niche weapon mod. It is not essential to gameplay because the majority of players do not use use a Vectis.

Shield isn't everything btw. Slash procs happen all the time and health doesn't always end up recharging fast enough.

It's not about being defeatist. It's about when you're defeated and went down.

Do you honestly think I'm saying Primed Chamber is an essential mod  for the general gameplay in Warframe? I'm obviously talking about the sniper rifles. And yes there are not that many people using the sniper rifles but that doesn't mean the problem is gone.

Valkyr. /argument

Not everyone wants to play Valkyr.

I still don't like what they did to primed chamber. "Let's release a weaker version of it for the other players." When before that every mod they had released as an event thing was released later to everyone.

As for Primed Chamber being "essential" it is...for a good vectis build. Until they buff sniper rifles, which isn't that coming in update 14?

Shield isn't everything btw. Slash procs happen all the time and health doesn't always end up recharging fast enough.

It's not about being defeatist. It's about when you're defeated and went down.

Do you honestly think I'm saying Primed Chamber is an essential mod  for the general gameplay in Warframe? I'm obviously talking about the sniper rifles. And yes there are not that many people using the sniper rifles but that doesn't mean the problem is gone.

Not everyone wants to play Valkyr.

"Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro"

"Shield isn't everything"

You contradict yourself with your previous statement. Unfortunately, that means you invalidate your own opinion on that subject.

"It's when you're defeated and went down"

So apparently that is not being a defeatist according to yourself. The dictionary definition of a defeatist is: a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.

"Not everyone wants to play Valkyr"

Not everyone wants to use sniper rifles either. Again, invalidating your opinion with narrowminded contradictions.

"Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro"

"Shield isn't everything"

You contradict yourself with your previous statement. Unfortunately, that means you invalidate your own opinion on that subject.

"It's when you're defeated and went down"

So apparently that is not being a defeatist according to yourself. The dictionary definition of a defeatist is: a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure.

"Not everyone wants to play Valkyr"

Not everyone wants to use sniper rifles either. Again, invalidating your opinion with narrowminded contradictions.

Look right below the line "Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro."

According to you, every player who even equips a single mod is a defeatist.

You're being extreme. Sacrifice isn't going to turn a player into a clueless idiot.

You misuse the term invalidation. If you do this in real ife, you really should stop.

"Not every wants to play Valkyr" was directed at your "Valkyr /thread".

They offer players more options. For some players, some mods are not very essential. For others, they would come in handy. And in the trading market, they were offered at ridiculous prices. And DE has acknowledged that. Nevertheless, just like cicero mods, they are coming be back. In a past few devstream, Steve has mentioned about bringing back the primed chamber and mods from the passing events.