Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unobtainable Mods Are Essential Mods...

Tengu-musume

Sigh. I try to get something good going for the playerbase and look what happens.

There are so many players who would like the option of using Sacrifice and Primed Chamber and yet these forum goers would rather argue against it.

What harm is there in getting these mods in-game?

These are quality-of-life mods... ugh xD

You do not seem to understand the definition of the word essential.

I do dartdart. But here's a question. What is an essential mod in Warframe? Is Vitality or Serration an essential mod? No, because theoretically you can be pro and never go down and as long as you're doing at least 1 point of dmg you can kill anything.

What I meant by "essential" is something that would greatly help someone, not just be a shiny.

Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro :P

Or maybe Vitality should be called an essential mod?

Bad example.

I know someone who refuses to use Vitality/Redirection/Vigor and he does T4's without struggle.

Look right below the line "Vitality is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro."

According to you, every player who even equips a single mod is a defeatist.

You're being extreme. Sacrifice isn't going to turn a player into a clueless idiot.

You misuse the term invalidation. If you do this in real ife, you really should stop.

"Not every wants to play Valkyr" was directed at your "Valkyr /thread".

Using that flawed reasoning, anyone could just counterargue: Sacrifice is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro.

Despite this you claim it is essential in the original post. This provides zero basis for your argument, therefore pointless banter.

You clearly have no grasp of the term defeatist and if anyone is extreme, it would be you. You just stated: "every player who even equips a single mod is a defeatist." >is apparently not extreme

I really think you need to go back to school or if you are in school, study harder, because you clearly need to. There is no pointing arguing with small children if you cannot even think outside the box.

"I try get exclusive mods again, just in nice cover" - that's the truth.

Actually, I didn't make this thread just for me to have these mods. I've had plenty of cases where Sacrifice would have been so useful for players, both new and old.

I don't see the harm in getting Primed Chamber back into the game. Not only are there very few people using snipers, but there's always that thought biting in the back of players' minds "your sniper will never reach its full potential."

I do dartdart. But here's a question. What is an essential mod in Warframe? Is Vitality or Serration an essential mod? No, because theoretically you can be pro and never go down and as long as you're doing at least 1 point of dmg you can kill anything.

What I meant by "essential" is something that would greatly help someone, not just be a shiny.

The word you are looking for is luxury.

Using that flawed reasoning, anyone could just counterargue: Sacrifice is extremely helpful, but not essential if you're pro.

Despite this you claim it is essential in the original post. This provides zero basis for your argument, therefore pointless banter.

You clearly have no grasp of the term defeatist and if anyone is extreme, it would be you. You just stated: "every player who even equips a single mod is a defeatist." >is apparently not extreme

I really think you need to go back to school or if you are in school, study harder, because you clearly need to. There is no pointing arguing with small children if you cannot even think outside the box.

In the original post I wrote what I mean by the word "essential"

You keep leaving things out. that quote is incomplete. I said according to you. xD

I really think you should stop leaving things out in your posts and accusing others for meaning things they don't.

as long as you're doing at least 1 point of dmg you can kill anything.

Not true.

You can run out of ammo and be unable to continue dealing damage. You can not be able to survive in melee range in order to deal damage that doesn't require ammo. You can fail to kill things quick enough in Survival to get enough Personal Life Support Units to last you until the next Life Support Module to come down.

Damage is essential. Not every damage mod is essential, but things like Serration are blanket mods that cover a large portion of the damage concerns for multiple weapons regardless of how they function (Unlike Crit mods which are only good for Crit based weapons)

Sigh. I try to get something good going for the playerbase and look what happens.

There are so many players who would like the option of using Sacrifice and Primed Chamber and yet these forum goers would rather argue against it.

What?

Nowhere in your OP do you state anything about trying to get them back in the game. Your title just refers to them as "Essential" and then your OP states situations where 2 specific mods can be useful.

Arguments are people having issue with your label of "Essential" - I don't see anyone arguing that these mods shouldn't be brought back into the game.

Actually, I didn't make this thread just for me to have these mods. I've had plenty of cases where Sacrifice would have been so useful for players, both new and old.

I don't see the harm in getting Primed Chamber back into the game. Not only are there very few people using snipers, but there's always that thought biting in the back of players' minds "your sniper will never reach its full potential."

Only 1 rifle can "reach fuul potential" with Primed Chamber, so this isn't "essential" at all.

Not true.

You can run out of ammo and be unable to continue dealing damage. You can not be able to survive in melee range in order to deal damage that doesn't require ammo. You can fail to kill things quick enough in Survival to get enough Personal Life Support Units to last you until the next Life Support Module to come down.

Damage is essential. Not every damage mod is essential, but things like Serration are blanket mods that cover a large portion of the damage concerns for multiple weapons regardless of how they function (Unlike Crit mods which are only good for Crit based weapons)

What?

Nowhere in your OP do you state anything about trying to get them back in the game. Your title just refers to them as "Essential" and then your OP states situations where 2 specific mods can be useful.

Arguments are people having issue with your label of "Essential" - I don't see anyone arguing that these mods shouldn't be brought back into the game.

Sure, if you take ammo into consideration. Have fun. I never said damage is not essential. That 1 point of damage is damage isn't it? :P

Yes I didn't type out "I want these mods back in the game" but I figured it would be obvious that if something is essential (or if you prefer a different word, helpful) it should be in the game.

Neither one is game breaking. I don't want my Sentinel to sacrifice itself if I happen to blow my face off with a Penta. That would just gimp me the rest of the match. I'd rather gamble on my teammates being bro's.

Chamber mod is only good for Vectis, but not so break-away amazing that you should lie awake at night about it. The LatronP with kill things faster at the moment anyway. Maybe when they re-adjust snipers to be good again, it will matter...but still only for the Vectis. I prefer my Lanka anyway.

dAqDmKq.png

Whether you: are a new player, like to play solo, someone TKed you with void lasers, or are a veteran player who made a mistake, going down often means the mission is about to fail because your teammates will be rushing to your location, risking the objective or their health to revive you.

Especially with the introduction of T4 void, this mod would really help many squads in those risky situations.

0u7XpVm.png

Hopefully the sniper buff promised with U14 will make this mod obsolete because this mod discourages people.

"Your sniper rifle will never reach its full potential, even when you have maxed your Serration."

Whether the sniper buff means that the general gameplay will change from close-to-midrange combat against near zero intelligence, bumrushing enemies into fighting smarter enemies who will make long-range combat useful is also something that will affect the sniper rifles...

Edit: By "essential" I mean things that would be of great help for a great diversity of players. Technically, no mod is "essential" because as long as you're doing a single point of dmg, you can eventually kill anything.

*sigh*

We choose to ignore primed chamber (I, personally, choose to ignore snipers,) and sacrifice never came out.

Sure, if you take ammo into consideration. Have fun. I never said damage is not essential. That 1 point of damage is damage isn't it? :P

Is or Serration an essential mod? No, because theoretically as long as you're doing at least 1 point of dmg you can kill anything.

Pretty sure you did say that damage isn't essential because "Theoretically as long as you're doing at least 1 point of dmg you can kill anything" - Implying that you don't need to do more than 1 point of damage to kill any thing in the game.

Which is false. Ammo restrictions and time limits (Such as the ones imposed in Survival where you need to kill at a certain pace to get the life support drops. Or the ones in Interception where you need to kill quickly enough to be able to recapture the points and kill quick enough to prevent enemies using consoles to insta-cap the points. Or the ones in Mobile Defence where if you don't kill quick enough you'll get overwhelmed and the objective destroyed. Or the ones in Capture where if you can't kill any of the capture targets before they escape you fail the mission)

Yes I didn't type out "I want these mods back in the game" but I figured it would be obvious that if something is essential (or if you prefer a different word, helpful) it should be in the game.

But it's not obvious.

What is obvious is that you think that these mods are in some way "Essential" (Your word, not mine. The word I believe you are looking for is "Useful" or "Valuable")

That could be taken to mean that you think they're too strong and should be nerfed so that they're not as essential.

Without clearly stating what you mean, you can't get accurate responses to a post. Had you just mentioned at any point in your OP "I think these mods are very useful and could do with being re-introduced to the game" the responses in this thread would be commenting on whether on not they should be and peoples views on how they could be re-introduced.

Instead, a vague post only gets responses to what's actually there - Which is a misused term which makes it sound like you mean that it's not possible to play the game without them, hence backlash.

Cleaned the thread a bit. Please keep your conversation constructive, and respect each other's opinion. It seems to be a nice debate to argue about, it would be a pity to see it locked due to some small derails.

You can go ahead and delete the thread. Me and less than 10 other people in the forums seem to be the only ones rooting for this anyway.