Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime Isn't Worth It. At All.

ArgonTheFox

I got Frost, and loved him to bits, so I took the logical step, and took Frost to the next level, I gone to the void, and grinded for all of the Frost Prime blueprints to get a Warframe that stats wise is more potent, due to the extra D polarity, and what I thought would be a better looking frame.

I can safely say I will be shelving Frost Prime and going back to the regular, far superior, normal version of Frost. I am so disappointed by Frost Prime. Frost Prime is easily the most aesthetically restricting Warframe in the game, due to petty bugs and inconveniences that make him a genuine displeasure to play, just because of how he looks.

The golden parts of Frost Prime are placed so randomly in a random and disorganized array, it makes me angry to look at. Frost Prime's helmet, back and shoulders have so much gold on him, he could probably end world poverty if he sold the lot, but as soon as you get past his shoulders, it is bare, except for the odd sparkles at the tails of his coat, and the odd little specs on his boots. The distribution of gold is insanity, its just so unbalanced and it makes him so hard to customize because if I make a nice looking colour scheme, it clashes as soon as it gets to his shoulders. If I colour him so one of his colour slots are gold, he has just the right balance of gold on the bottom, so he looks nice, but on the top, there is now so much gold, he looks like the inside bowl of The Queen's toilet, it looks so top-heavy and unbalanced.

The Tint 4 slot is also disabled/broken/bugged. The Tint 4 slot is essential to creating a balanced distribution of colour across Frost's body, however on Frost Prime, it doesn't work for whatever reason. No matter what colour I put at the primary, there is too much of it, because it is not displaced by Tint 4. I have heard from players that the Tint 4 is apparently the slot the gold is tied to, which is why it cannot be changed. Why not make a 5th tint slot for the gold?

I need to go and dust my normal Frost off, give him a reassuring hug, and apologize to him, then get a Forma and add that extra D polarity slot.

Im not trying to sound like im attempting to bash the dev who modeled Frost Prime or whatever else, and im aware of many, many players who enjoy Frost Prime's design, just as an individual, the lack of balance between features and colour within Frost Prime actually makes me anxious just looking at it. 

On a side note, can we please fix the bug concerning the air plumes coming out of both Frost and Frost Prime's shoulders. Upon equipping another shoulder plate, the air plumes do not disappear, they remain, and it drives me insane. I posted a separate thread about it in the Art and Animation section a few days ago. Fingers crossed for a fix in U14. Heres a link to the thread. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/260093-frosts-air-vents/#entry3019626

Thank you.

Idk, some color schemes work well with his native gold. For other schemes, invest in his Immortal Skin if you have plenty of plat for it. It makes him look alright. I do agree that regular Frost does look better, though.

Frost Prime should eventually be getting a stat bonus, too, but we don't know when that'll be. Just a heads up.

Frost Prime the first prime available to anyone, as opposed to Excal Prime the first prime created and available to only a group of people. That aside.

Frost Prime is just for swag, you can just forma normal Frost for that D polarity and you have the exact same thing minus the gold bling. Easier to get Forma anyway. Only reason to get Frost Prime is a) sold normal frost by accident b) you wanna get a higher rank or c) you wanna look like a pimp with that gold. :P

That's kinda of the point.. Default polarity, "Swag" Or prestige, increase mastery rank etc.. Its all a part of the the grind in Warframe. I would imagine it becoming very dull using the same frame and not trying to level anything up.

That's kinda of the point.. Default polarity, "Swag" Or prestige, increase mastery rank etc.. Its all a part of the the grind in Warframe. I would imagine it becoming very dull using the same frame and not trying to level anything up.

Actually, its just something so that people who don't pay can go to the Void, get these things and sell them for plat. 

:)

Edited by jjpdn

I prefer Frost Prime to normal Frost any day. I build Frost Prime some time early last year and STILL have a fully built Frost ready to collect in the foundry that I just see no point in using other than the mastery points.

I honestly think he's one of the bets looking Primes out there.

-snip-

I run the immortal skin on my frost P with the stock helm, if I'm doing a higher tier mission I trow on my arcane squall helm, he is pretty ugly but the immortal skin gets rid of most of the ugly gold.

There's nothing about Frost Prime's design that doesn't make sense to me.

He has very little Prime Gold on him at all; his Prime Helmet carries most of that burden, and it's an odd, but intriguing head that fits Frost, whose original head is very flat and rather squat looking.

The Prime Gold on his back is mostly situated on pipe joints and the tank of, presumably, his coolant system.  All in all, Frost Prime could do with a bit more Prime Gold, maybe at his hips and something for his clavicles, as a frontal view of Frost Prime's body shows no Prime Gold at all.

Truly, the most remarkably odd and redesign-worthy of Frost's features are his hulking, spiky-kneed lower legs.  I am positive I am not the only person that wishes these were "Frost Armor" legs and that there was something more modest - and customizable - lurking beneath.

Truly, the most remarkably odd and redesign-worthy of Frost's features are his hulking, spiky-kneed lower legs.  I am positive I am not the only person that wishes these were "Frost Armor" legs and that there was something more modest - and customizable - lurking beneath.

Customized boxers or briefs? 

Though speaking of appearance, I bought my Frost as a new player since I knew it'd be no time soon in getting him. I had the option between the regular and prime. The prime did nothing for my eyes, felt he was awkward and busy looking, couldn't stand the helmet either. I wasn't going to spend a lot of money on cosmetics so I went with ye ol' regular version. As of now, he's been forma'd and working on getting back up to rank again. So all in all, outside of the looks, which I prefer. He's effectively the same as the prime.

Can a dev change the name of the topic to "I don't like the look of the new Frost Prime, so I refuse to use it" as the current name is misleading, and frankly, the current title

"makes me angry to look at it"

Just saying.