Liset Ship Vs Carrier Ship

What's the difference, have we seen both? I'm kinda confused cause i been asking around and many people have said that we have seen both but I thought we only saw the Liset. To be clear, I thought the liset was the ship with starchart, foundry, genetic lab, etc. But i've been told that the foundry, arsenal, genetic lab, etc are part of the carrier ship that the liset docks to and the liset is only the front starchart portion. Can anyone clear this up for me?

From what we have been shown, the Liset is purely a stealth insertion craft.  It has the cockpit into which you will load when you log in, and the navigation system where you choose missions.  In the back of the Liset there is a ramp that leads down into the "equipment module" when you dock with it i.e. between missions.  When you move down that ramp, you will then be able to access the foundry, arsenal, and other console stations.

Here's the one animation we saw with the larger ship: the Liset docking with it.

The Liset is much too small to pack all those modules into.

Yea i saw that too which only added to the confusion. When compared to what we saw in devstream 31 it seems like there should be much more of the carrier ship to show besides just one room in the back with the foundry, arsenal, codex, etc. But maybe they just haven't shown the full depths of the carrier ship at this point. I know they said your kubrow can stretch it's legs but what they showed still looks way too small.

Yea i saw that too which only added to the confusion. When compared to what we saw in devstream 31 it seems like there should be much more of the carrier ship to show besides just one room in the back with the foundry, arsenal, codex, etc. But maybe they just haven't shown the full depths of the carrier ship at this point. I know they said your kubrow can stretch it's legs but what they showed still looks way too small.

What if the carrier ship stores all the captured targets you do in capture missions?

They are building for the now I would suspect. Later on they may add a door somewhere so you can go and explore more of your ship, for now though your ship docks with the carrier and you walk off to gather your stuff, gear up, ect. We are tenno, we are warriors, we don't need a lot of room for stuff.

Now all we need is an interrogation room with a feral kubrow in the corner and cattle prods hanging on the wall

Valkyr can deal with the Corpus targets. Gonna bust some bucket heads with a cattle prod.

what is that larger ship ? my own ship has its own ship ?XD

It's more like: your own ship has two parts, the part that drops you into the mission ( The Liset - stealth drop shuttle) and the part that holds your all resources, weapons, warframes, mods etc. (carrier ship module). It was said our Carrier part of the ship will be futher explored, as for now we will get only Navigation room and Equipement module. 

It's more like: your own ship has two parts, the part that drops you into the mission ( The Liset - stealth drop shuttle) and the part that holds your all resources, weapons, warframes, mods etc. (carrier ship module). It was said our Carrier part of the ship will be futher explored, as for now we will get only Navigation room and Equipement module. 

That clears it up, i guess we'll have to wait on updates to the carrier, but for now everything looks pretty awesome. Reminds me of the g gundam corelander, without the giant robot.... wait do i detect an U15 hint???

I played mass effect but this example is way over my head.

Let me give you more knowledge about this in both games. You see, if you go onto an asteroid, or jungle, or anything remotely similar, you can't land the ship on anywhere since the ground is too dense and uneven for a big ship to land. Thus, you need smaller crafts to get there. You don't see aircraft carriers docking to enemy bases directly either, now do you. And here comes the other reason, that being that you don't simply risk a massive ship and charge head on to heavily armed hostile territory. Instead, you take vehicles that are better suited for that situation.

A.K.A a stealth ship. Small, agile, unnoticeable. Something that you aren't too afraid to lose if everything is messed up for some reason. And we wouldn't be very ninja if we would charge head on with a massive cannons blazing. Not very ideal to the way Tenno try to get their missions. Which is, on paper, stealth if possible but force if necessary.

Let me give you more knowledge about this in both games. You see, if you go onto an asteroid, or jungle, or anything remotely similar, you can't land the ship on anywhere since the ground is too dense and uneven for a big ship to land. Thus, you need smaller crafts to get there. You don't see aircraft carriers docking to enemy bases directly either, now do you. And here comes the other reason, that being that you don't simply risk a massive ship and charge head on to heavily armed hostile territory. Instead, you take vehicles that are better suited for that situation.

A.K.A a stealth ship. Small, agile, unnoticeable. Something that you aren't too afraid to lose if everything is messed up for some reason. And we wouldn't be very ninja if we would charge head on with a massive cannons blazing. Not very ideal to the way Tenno try to get their missions. Which is, on paper, stealth if possible but force if necessary.

Never thought about it in that way makes perfect sense when thinking about it in that way.