Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking Mechanics?

(PSN)epicspazm

Question

I am currently building a new build for my Nekros.

Low shields High health. I put a rage mod on for energy when my health starts to dip, so I can use my powers like desecrate. Anyways, I wanted to know if Quick thinking Is worth having On there too. I KNOW there was a combo with rage and quick thinking that got patched. IM NOT trying to do that. I would like it if somebody could tell me how quick thinking works and if it usefull.

Thanks for your time :D

5 answers to this question

As your health starts dipping, Rage mod will provide 40% of the incoming damage on your health as energy. As soon as you Health Bar reaches 2 points, Quick-thinking mod will try to use your available energy to keep you alive. Once you hit 2 points, you basically aren't losing any health anymore, so RAGE mod won't give you anymore energy but Quick-thinking mod will try to save you using your available energy. once all your available energy has depleted, you will die with the next gunshot you receive unless you run to cover. So, running to cover and using your Health restores is better option once you see you health dipping beyond 50. I have quick-thinking on my nekros anyways.

Note: - If you have zero energy (say you got disrupted from a disruptor), quickthinking is not gonna save you.

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

Quick thinking works by stopping you dieing by using energy ie no energy you will die rage will give you energy back till you r at 2hp quick thinking will still work at this point untill u run out of energy it works well especially if their is a trinity warframe with u

In my experience, QT activates when your HP reaches 2. It drains your Energy to replenish your HP to the maximum possible regarding the ratio on the level QT you have with respect to whichever value terminates first: your energy pool depleting, or your HP maxing back out.

It's very useful, giving you a little pinch durability. In combination with Rage, your HP won't rise back up, but will stick around 2 until your energy is depleted. It seems that damage is taken from your energy with a reducing ratio in respect to the two mods.

Quick Thinking + Flow + Vitality is basically 2x Vitality. It's a very useful combo for nightmare mode or against toxin damage or slash procs. It's good for high energy, low armor frames. On high health / armor frames I just use rage, not QT.

Combining QT and Rage was patched last year. They still function together, but very inefficiently. I generally don't do both because QT really wants Flow and 3 defense mode on top of Redirection and Vitality is a lot of mod slots sacrificed. However you can, and I have done this with Nyx and a life strike weapon. The QT / Rage combo works more now with life strike.