Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Vs Ash: Melee Grinding.

Zero.No.Hikari

When i need to rank up melee I go to Apollodorus or do a Infested survival  and for the most part I went to apollodorus with Loki since he is the only frame that can not only turn invisible for a pretty long time, he can aslo disable any and all ranged combat.  Which when using melee means the come to you not you going to them, that and every stomp attack was disabled as well meaning heavies just became grunts with bigger armor and hp. 

Sadly with the new invis debuff if you don't kill something in a single hit you lose the melee buff which means somethng that is weak or centered towards different faction loses effectiveness sure I could take to grinding with a group but I tend to use solo melee grind as a way to unwind and relax from everyone calling the shots in a game or racing to see who gets more kills or to the objective and exit the fastest. 

Now it's become more of damn I have to leave at  5 mins or else invis melee becomes useless.....Kinda all I use loki for is melee grind and defense disarming everything else is Valkyr, Banshee, or Nyx/Ash With Zephyr solely for corpus and other void runs due to how awesome turbulence is.  Welp if I put it in the wrong place move it. and what do other use for melee grinding or do people just passively level melee still even with melee 2.0?

And Yes I know what good loki does but I enjoy using some else, he's kinda my easy mode button when I don't really wanna try in a run.  Same with Soma and Penta as primaries.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Honestly, for grinding melee? Neither Ash nor Loki. Use Valkyr instead, she's far more suited to melee combat than the previous two, because of her preposterously high armour rating and Warcry to boost all her combat abilities, while doing an AoE drain of movement speed.

Though it depends on exactly what weapon you're levelling, I go to Ceres dark sector survival. It's not too difficult for the first while, even with an unlevelled weapon, and the +21% melee xp gain helps a lot with the grind.

Melee xp grinding, eh? Recently I found a very decent combo. Trinity + link+energy vampire+melee weapon of your choosing+ dark sector defense = huge amounts of xp. With link you can get right into the thick of battle without dying, energy vampire for endless energy and thus link and defense so you can go as far as your weapons can carry you, wihthout fear of  running out of oxygen. The last part is important as infested tend to have realy low oxygen drop rate so I prefer to eliminate this random factor. 15 waves on Jupiter dark sector def with only melee usually xet around 40-50k xp, which I think is decent. Throw in a xp booster and you are looking at 100k+ 

Edited by Arbiter_of_Soul

Won't Stance bonus + Pressure almost guarantee a one to two hit kill in Dark sector defense around Jupiter level anyway unless the weapon is horribad?

After wave 15 or so, enemies start spawning at level 30+. This is a thread about grinding xp so I am assuming weapons will be mostly low level. Also, I am grinding old weapons right now so I am not wasting catalysts on them. Anyways, trinity seems to be the best candidate for high level melee xp grinding for me. What link is mostly useful is not to keep you safe from chargers and leapers per se, but rather to keep those annoying disruptor ancients. Anyways, any frame can be decent for xp grinding but with some you are just able to push the boundaries far past what the current weapon is capable of by itself.

If you're staying past wave 15, it's either

1) Weapon atleast has Molten strike + Pressure in it for huge damage or

2) You're in a party.

I just leave at wave 5 in Jupiter and come back over and over for a solo grind. Takes 2 run to get weapon to lv 13 ish where I can go with the Pressure + Molten and just mash E all the way to wave 10. There's no point in killing lv 30+ when it can take thrice as long for maybe 25% more exp.

If you're using condition 2 then might as well remove all other weapon and get 75% exp into your melee weapon on every teammate kill.

If you're staying past wave 15, it's either

1) Weapon atleast has Molten strike + Pressure in it for huge damage or

2) You're in a party.

I just leave at wave 5 in Jupiter and come back over and over for a solo grind. Takes 2 run to get weapon to lv 13 ish where I can go with the Pressure + Molten and just mash E all the way to wave 10. There's no point in killing lv 30+ when it can take thrice as long for maybe 25% more exp.

If you're using condition 2 then might as well remove all other weapon and get 75% exp into your melee weapon on every teammate kill.

In my experience, staying untill wave 15-20 doesnt earn you 3-4 times the xp of wave 5, it earns you 6-7 times so it is in fact effective way to do it. But to each his own. It works for me and it is a very fast way to level melee weapons without catalysts and/or forma. But I do agree with your second point. Equiping only melee in a team and staying up to wave 25-30 will probably rank your weapon from 0 to at least 20 in one go.

I was thinking more Grineer or Corpus cause I'll be honest Infested anything is kinda a bore to me when everyone is just bum rushing me instead of letting me go to them and kill them off.  Something about infest just feel too easy for me, but I guess it's what everyone goes to do for xp grindage.