Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Quick Thinking

Monolake

Please fix Quick Thinking to always work properly, instead of just playing a prolonged death animation. When your health drops to 2  you  are often staggered for 1-2 seconds completely losing control over your character and then die with no chance to react.

Completely losing control over your character  means you cant move away, cant cast an ability or attack. (sheesh do I have to explain every word?) 

This mod was nerfed enough to become barely useful on some specific frames providing only another buffer of hitpoints  but it still doesn't work half the time, especially when you are taking continuous damage (ie from heavygunners or lazer MOAs)

Please fix Quick Thinking by removing the stagger during which you lose control.

(I dont mean make it back like it was before if its not clear)

Video for reference http://youtu.be/UYuGCeP1wsI

Edited by Monolake

I'm definitely not on the same page as you here.

QT shouldn't just let you stand in front of a massive wall of damage like a sort of dingbat and just shrug it off.  If you're moving fast and a lot you'll not suffer the situation shown in the video almost ever.  If anything, that video proves that QT is working properly as nobody should be allowed to live after standing in front of a wall of high damage like that.

QT is a good buffer that can allow you to survive glancing blows over an extended period of time as energy is a more readily available resource than HP.  It also offers you pretty much perfect immunity to both Slash and Toxin procs, which are considered to generally be two of the most dangerous of damage sources.

Turning the mod into a guaranteed get out of every jail free card would be a bad thing in my opinion, the stagger is punishment for allowing yourself to literally get to the point where you already would've been dead without it.  The fact alone that it lets you shrug off death blows is pretty insane.  You're staggering because you should be dead.

Please fix Quick Thinking to always work properly, instead of just playing a prolonged death animation. When your health drops to 2  you  are often staggered for 1-2 seconds completely losing control over your character and then die with no chance to react.

This mod was nerfed enough to become barely useful on some specific frames providing only another buffer of hitpoints  but it still doesn't work half the time, especially when you are taking continuous damage (ie from heavygunners or lazer MOAs)

Please fix Quick Thinking.

Video for reference http://youtu.be/UYuGCeP1wsI

Don't stand in front of lasers and Heavy Gunners and you'll be A-OK.

Can you stop posting if you never played anything beyond mercury or cant be even botherd to read or use your brain. 

This mod doesnt work half the time. It needs to be fixed.

Can you stop posting if you never thought that insulting people wasn't the way to get your point across? Please leave all discussion as feedback, and not flamebait.

It works how it is meant to work. To avoid the glancing blow that would've been fatal, not to take on a Heavy Gunner, almost die, and expect to run away. You are going to get mowed down.

Edit: Wasn't not was. :P

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Can you stop posting if you never played anything beyond mercury or cant be even botherd to read or use your brain. 

This mod doesnt work half the time. It needs to be fixed.

But the point of Quick Thinking is to give you a second chance.

If you're caught by a stray bullet or two, yeah, makes sense that you should survive.

But if you seriously expect to survive under heavy continuous fire you're just pushing your luck. Quick Thinking works fine if you know how to use it...

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to be. it used to be you could facetank twenty heavy gunners with it and never die, but they changed it so you couldn't pair it with rage for unlimited invincibility. It still gives you a lot of survivability, just not as much as it used to.

I can say that QT works completely fine.

I always run Loki Prime with QT+Flow+Radial Disarm and without Vitality/Vigor/Redirection/Invisibility. Works like a charm. Most other players hit the ground way earlier than I do.

Shock leaders are my only weakness.

I'm definitely not on the same page as you here.

QT shouldn't just let you stand in front of a massive wall of damage like a sort of dingbat and just shrug it off.  If you're moving fast and a lot you'll not suffer the situation shown in the video almost ever.  If anything, that video proves that QT is working properly as nobody should be allowed to live after standing in front of a wall of high damage like that.

QT is a good buffer that can allow you to survive glancing blows over an extended period of time as energy is a more readily available resource than HP.  It also offers you pretty much perfect immunity to both Slash and Toxin procs, which are considered to generally be two of the most dangerous of damage sources.

Turning the mod into a guaranteed get out of every jail free card would be a bad thing in my opinion, the stagger is punishment for allowing yourself to literally get to the point where you already would've been dead without it.  The fact alone that it lets you shrug off death blows is pretty insane.  You're staggering because you should be dead.

I am not sure I follow you.

Are WE on the same page as you?

That's the warframe forums, it's about the warframe game, where the true tankers are CC frames, where no class can afford being hit for 2s straight by the multitude of enemies put against us in 'fast paced action', which is a trademark of this game, without dying.

The average energy is 150, or 300 with flow. That's way less than what a regular joe lv 20 can deal alone to you, let alone a group of enemies.

I am sorry, but the 2s stagger makes QT completely useless.

+1 TC

I am sorry, but the 2s stagger makes QT completely useless.

Obviously you weren't around for QT+rage. It made any frame you put it on totally invincible. QT is completely acceptable in this state, as long as you don't stand in front of 2 heavy gunners like a doofus it works well.

Obviously you weren't around for QT+rage. It made any frame you put it on totally invincible. QT is completely acceptable in this state, as long as you don't stand in front of 2 heavy gunners like a doofus it works well.

Yes I was lol, I even wrote that in my post but erased before actually posting it. i was gonna say that my ash never dropped his QT since the immortal days. Back in the day i would have rage+qt in every warframe, which was admittedly broken and boring, nowadays only ash, trin and nekros. 

And i find the combo perfect today EXCEPT for the stagger, removing it would give you room to react, you will still die if you do nothing or are too slow..

I exaggerated of course, it is not useless, but after a certain point there's nothing you can do in those 2s stagger to keep you alive and finally react except rage (no pun intended).

Completely losing control over your character means you cant move away, cant cast an ability or attack. (do I have to explain every word?) 

Can you stop posting if you never thought that insulting people wasn't the way to get your point across? Please leave all discussion as feedback, and not flamebait.

It works how it is meant to work. To avoid the glancing blow that would've been fatal, not to take on a Heavy Gunner, almost die, and expect to run away. You are going to get mowed down.

Edit: Wasn't not was. :P

Its bloody insulting when people cant even read the post and try to comprehend before answering with some silly remark like 'wee just move away, dont take damage'.  

I dont need a discussion with such lazy posters, cant even have a discussion with people who don't read. 

I need to get a point across to DE to fix the broken Quck Thinking mod. 

If it wasnt clear, I dont mean make it back like it was before. The stagger with loss of control has to be removed so you would actually get a chance to react and move away or fight back.

Edited by Monolake

Completely losing control over your character means you cant move away, cant cast an ability or attack. (do I have to explain every word?) 

Its bloody insulting when people cant even read the post and try to comprehend before answering with some silly remark like 'wee just move away, dont take damage'.  

I dont need a discussion with such lazy posters, cant even have a discussion with people who don't read. 

I need to get a point across to DE to fix the broken Quck Thinking mod. 

Nope, you don't have to explain every word, but maybe I have to.  We have the exact same mechanics as pretty much all of the enemies in this game when it comes to staggers.  Not sure if you've ever noticed but if an enemy is already in certain animations they'll never get staggered.

If you're constantly moving, you will very likely not be staggered when QT takes effect.  Meaning you can keep moving away, cast abilities, or attack.  Hek, with good timing on the matter you can guarantee you won't be staggered with 100% reliability.  The stagger mechanic is there to punish player mistakes.  If you're staggered it is entirely on the fault of you.  Just like the very few times I've been staggered and killed whilst using QT.

Learn the mechanics of the game before calling something broken when it's clearly working as intended.

This is kind of similar to all those threads that claim that Accelerant is not helpful for keeping Ember alive.  Of course if you tank many hits you will die, even with Accelerant's stun.  You have to always keep moving in in this game and mitigating damage through taking cover, aggro management, and evasive maneuvers; Accelerant is there to cover the small holes in your defense and make your overall defense much more iron-clad.  Same thing with those people who say that Iron Skin is useless beyond Saturn.  Those people are expecting their abilities/mods to reduce the damage for them rather than using them as a multiplier to their own innate survivability from dodging and good movement habits. 

This is kind of similar to all those threads that claim that Accelerant is not helpful for keeping Ember alive.  Of course if you tank many hits you will die, even with Accelerant's stun.  You have to always keep moving in in this game and mitigating damage through taking cover, aggro management, and evasive maneuvers; Accelerant is there to cover the small holes in your defense and make your overall defense much more iron-clad.  Same thing with those people who say that Iron Skin is useless beyond Saturn.  Those people are expecting their abilities/mods to reduce the damage for them rather than using them as a multiplier to their own innate survivability from dodging and good movement habits. 

Was accelerant's stagger as long as chaos initial stun or was ember as fast as, say, ash at the very least, i would agree with you. 1s stun with a slow and squishy frame doesnt help much. I am not saying you CAN'T rely on the tactic, using max efficiency, natural talent and BR rank 2 can still be devastating and spammable as F*, but mechanics should be improved just so you don't need to spam it in order to keep the stun going, since you would do that anyways but in a boring way (spamming).

Was accelerant's stagger as long as chaos initial stun or was ember as fast as, say, ash at the very least, i would agree with you. 1s stun with a slow and squishy frame doesnt help much. I am not saying you CAN'T rely on the tactic, using max efficiency, natural talent and BR rank 2 can still be devastating and spammable as F*, but mechanics should be improved just so you don't need to spam it in order to keep the stun going, since you would do that anyways but in a boring way (spamming).

A warframe can survive all relevant content in this game without casting a single ability.  Ember has a convenient, almost brainless method of covering all holes in her defense.  Anything more is venturing into lazy, gamebreaking territory (see: Radial Blind, Loki, MPrime, old Avalanche, Stomp chains, Absorb, etc.)