Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade Channel Is A Mess! Here's A New Idea For Trading.

DrazeA

I was thinking might be a good idea to have a personal HAVE/WANT list for each player. There'd be an 'add an item' button in the 2 parts of it which for the HAVE section lets you search through your inventory and tells you the number you own, and then the WANT section would let you look through all tradables and items you have would appear normally while items you don't would have a black silhouette like in the codex. This way your less likely to accidentally sell something you thought you had an extra of, or buying something you didn't know you already had. Beside each items you can list max prices your willing to buy, or min sell prices. There can also be an 'or best offer box to check.
Players could search other HAVE/WANT lists, with WTB, WTS, and WTT boxes you can check to filter. WTB will give you lists only if the item you search has a max buying plat price, WTS will show them only if there is a min sell price, and WTT only give lists if they have something in both HAVE and WANT. There would of course be a min-max plat option to fill out to aid in filtering.
Of course they'd either need it to show if the player is online or offline, or only have the list show up if they're online.

I think this would greatly improve trade efficiency since right now it's a battle for players' advertisements to get noticed on the trade chat, as well as trying to search through a ton of messages to see if anyone has what your looking for.

How about we have a bid trade kind??!??!!?!??! Players upload up to 10 mods/gears/blueprints etc. online, then players can click on what they want to buy, and there will be a list of people currently selling them, and players can either pay in the selected amount of platinum, or select specific mods/blueprints/gears etc. and then every day, there will be a daily bid of the day, where DE will select 10 random items(blueprints blahblahblah etc.) and then players will pay plat, the highest bidder gets the part :D really wish it was like this tho D:

How about we have a bid trade kind??!??!!?!??! Players upload up to 10 mods/gears/blueprints etc. online, then players can click on what they want to buy, and there will be a list of people currently selling them, and players can either pay in the selected amount of platinum, or select specific mods/blueprints/gears etc. and then every day, there will be a daily bid of the day, where DE will select 10 random items(blueprints blahblahblah etc.) and then players will pay plat, the highest bidder gets the part :D really wish it was like this tho D:

while it's in interesting idea, DE has said they don't' want to do trading via and an Auction house kind of way, I forget where they said it exactly, but I think it was a few Dev streams back.

while it's in interesting idea, DE has said they don't' want to do trading via and an Auction house kind of way, I forget where they said it exactly, but I think it was a few Dev streams back.

They just said they dont want it to end up like some other game which i forget the name of. There are ways to prevent that but still make trading WAY more user friendly and organized 

They just said they dont want it to end up like some other game which i forget the name of. There are ways to prevent that but still make trading WAY more user friendly and organized 

Ah okay, well any kind of a more organized trade system would be good right now.

• 7 months later...

Auction system could be done in so many ways, one of which is by doing it on reverse bidding. By that I mean that if you want to purchase something, you specify the price you are willing to pay for the item and the one willing to sell it by that price clicks the sell button. Reverse bidding has several advantages especially in Warframe type economy, where the supply of prime bps and parts is more abundant than the visible demand.

In fact, I'd much rather see a reverse bidding auctioning in the game than the current WTS spam in the trade chat... Especially as the people grinding void day in day out clearly cannot see the value of their stuff in Ducats at all... ;)

Auction system could be done in so many ways, one of which is by doing it on reverse bidding. By that I mean that if you want to purchase something, you specify the price you are willing to pay for the item and the one willing to sell it by that price clicks the sell button. Reverse bidding has several advantages especially in Warframe type economy, where the supply of prime bps and parts is more abundant than the visible demand.

In fact, I'd much rather see a reverse bidding auctioning in the game than the current WTS spam in the trade chat... Especially as the people grinding void day in day out clearly cannot see the value of their stuff in Ducats at all... ;)

AH thats a good idea. :P