Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Pc Players Ever Going To Be Able To Play With Ps4 Users?

RussianKitchen

They both have no PC exclusives. FF14 even re-released founders pack on PS4 after coming to PS3 and PC first. Also, updates for them are more or less competent and not a broken, untested buggy mess. If Warframe ever starts put out not broken updates then those can pass cert in 2-3 days, but even then unless they release founders items on PS4 or remove them from PC build cross play will simply never happen.

Agree on bugs. DE just simply forces broken content ( and i know that after 3 months of waiting, U14 will be broken as hell ), and i am quite sure that they messed game code beyond any repair with their constant bug ignoring.

As for Founders, if crossplay ever comes, who cares about PS4 not having them? They were limited time offer and PS release was after Founders ended, so there is nothing to do here. Only dead horse beating.

Agree on bugs. DE just simply forces broken content ( and i know that after 3 months of waiting, U14 will be broken as hell ), and i am quite sure that they messed game code beyond any repair with their constant bug ignoring.

As for Founders, if crossplay ever comes, who cares about PS4 not having them? They were limited time offer and PS release was after Founders ended, so there is nothing to do here. Only dead horse beating.

So offer the items on PS4 for a limited time or play alone.  It's not a difficult concept.

As the others said, DE would have to sacrifice adancement on the PC side of things, though I wonder if it would be possible, as a PC player, to elect to remain on a PS4 build, if say your friends were on PS4 and you wanted to play with them.

ff14 ARR does it , everyone plays on the same servers

I cant remember any major game ever going cross-platform, not PC/console or even console-generation itself (like PS3/PS4 or X360/XBO).

Would love to see it though, but in competative way, PC vs PS4 or Xbox One.. thats bad.

ofcourse devs can do cross platform thing, just look at warthunder, so dont lie that its imposible, and thing with ps4 getting later patch/updates, well bioware was able to do release dlc for mass effect3 same day for pc/ps3/xbox360 so just dont tell people that you cant, and delaying things would make less bugs, just do test servers for pc ,where people can test things before releasing, it would be even better you could check every weapon/warframe, i always do that in game like world of tanks so i wouldnt do a huge mistake by grinding to get that tank, which would be probably awfull

http://warthunder.com/en/game/faq/ps4

"Can PC and PS4 users play together?

Yes, the North American PS4 version of the game is cross-platform between PS4, PC and Mac OS. You are playing on the same server and even can form squads (up to 4 people) to play together regardless of user’s platform."

Edited by godila2

Moving is easier/better with a joystick/controller.  Aiming is easier with a mouse. Best possible combination: left hand - joystick + right hand - mouse.

Thats how I play. 

Controller right stick is awful for aiming and WASD is just not as good as a stick. 

Use a Naga Hex for the mouse to add in some extra buttons. 

Best set up ever! 

However I am waiting for the Steam controller. That is going to be amazing! 1:1 response for aiming without use of a mouse... I cant wait. Shame it got pushed to 2015.

Also, though I cant recall which stream off the top of my head, I think steve mentioned in one Dev stream it was being looked into the possibility to have joint game-play without the patches needing to be synced. Though it was a little while ago and no recent mention of this.  

Edited by MDRLOz

It would matter though because DE has already stated that these items won't transfer to your ps4 account should you decide to "migrate".

So metalhead's hypothetical scenario can pretty much never happen.

We're not talking about migration here though we're talking about cross-play an entirely different can of worms all together which might not be bound by the same terms as account migration. Probably not going to happen so we will never know but it could go either way. Edited by NevanChambers

We're not talking about migration here though we're talking about cross-play an entirely different can of worms all together which might not be bound by the same terms as account migration. Probably not going to happen so we will never know but it could go either way.

See its a weird dichotomy that it wouldn't bother me to see Excalibur prime etc. In cross play, but the idea of it transferring to a Ps4 account bothers the hek out of me.

ofcourse devs can do cross platform thing, just look at warthunder, so dont lie that its imposible, and thing with ps4 getting later patch/updates, well bioware was able to do release dlc for mass effect3 same day for pc/ps3/xbox360 so just dont tell people that you cant, and delaying things would make less bugs, just do test servers for pc ,where people can test things before releasing, it would be even better you could check every weapon/warframe, i always do that in game like world of tanks so i wouldnt do a huge mistake by grinding to get that tank, which would be probably awfull

http://warthunder.com/en/game/faq/ps4

"Can PC and PS4 users play together?

Yes, the North American PS4 version of the game is cross-platform between PS4, PC and Mac OS. You are playing on the same server and even can form squads (up to 4 people) to play together regardless of user’s platform."

What i find funny is that how come Square Enix - Final Fantasy 14 and Gaijin - Warthunder don't have any cert problems?? they play together ALL the time Final Fantasy 14 PC,PS3,PS4 and Warthunder is PC,PS4,MAC so no it's not Sony's fault. These games get updates/patches out to ALL platforms on same day. So Warframe Devs are bs'n us or lazy take your pick. I can log into my FF14 account on ANY platform and play this was started over 10yrs ago on FF11 for PS2/PS3/PC/X360.

It must be nice to live in a magical christmas land where the content released on one platform isn't delayed so it can be ported to the other platforms and then released on the same day for those games.

Warframe's PC content is worked on right up until the minute of release.  It's literally impossible for both platforms to get it on the same day without delaying the PC release because even if there was no cert, the PC version would still need to get ported to the PS4.

Edited by Aggh

How do FF14 and Warthunder do it?? If there's an emergency patch that comes out the same day as an update they can do it, without any cert or pc getting delayed. I've seen 1-2 patches in same day before. There is no delaying PC these compaines know how to do it. So no, it's purly laziness when you announce it at launch, and then it never comes. Then you say when both version match. Like i said FF14 Warthunder don't delay anything on Pc and get all patches and updates out whenever they want, on both platforms.

How do FF14 and Warthunder do it?? If there's an emergency patch that comes out the same day as an update they can do it, without any cert or pc getting delayed. I've seen 1-2 patches in same day before. There is no delaying PC these compaines know how to do it. So no, it's purly laziness when you announce it at launch, and then it never comes. Then you say when both version match. Like i said FF14 Warthunder don't delay anything on Pc and get all patches and updates out whenever they want, on both platforms.

Does Warthunder do weekly updates?

And whoever suggested "test servers" I can't even...

This is a beta. ALL servers are test servers. Beta testing content for an open beta is redundant and narrows the amount of bugs that can be found.

Slightly?

Slightly or massively... All depends on the size of the update that gets deployed.

All it takes to cause mismatch is a small patch to get deployed on the PC and then have to take a week or so to get ported & certed. And by the time it gets deployed to PS4 the PC will have gotten another patch.

Lol it's still in beta, maybe the cert process will go faster when it goes live. I read that Sony makes little profit off of beta games because DE needs the money and resources to fix the things in game so that makes it a last priority for Sony. I would love cross-platform play because my brother plays PC. If Warthunder was actually fun, I would never play Warframe.

And for the last time my question is why don't other games have this problem? The problem of cert, update/patches etc? What is FF14 and Warthunder doing right that Warframe is doing wrong? Why do other games not have the problem they having here? It is not a Sony problem it is a Warframe problem. They should talk to other devs that know how corssplay is done, there's no shame in asking someone that know more than you do for help.

And for the last time my question is why don't other games have this problem? The problem of cert, update/patches etc? What is FF14 and Warthunder doing right that Warframe is doing wrong? Why do other games not have the problem they having here? It is not a Sony problem it is a Warframe problem. They should talk to other devs that know how corssplay is done, there's no shame in asking someone that know more than you do for help.

Warframe is beta.

This makes you wonder, there are two possibilities.

a) xbox-ps4 crossplay. (due to ps4 cert and maybe xbox delay?)

b) PC and xbox crossplay. (xbox might not be delayed due to no cert process. Only thing here is PC always goes first. And I really dont think DE will delay PC for xbox to be in this crossplay. So if crossplay ever do appear, it might be on both consoles. 

Maybe in the late future, or never. It does work, and thats why they hyped it. But the time is not right, not for now. And it does create conflict on PC players behaf. Thats something they dont want. I hope the understanding is there. I was hyped when they talked about it, because it seemed like a fun idea. But with builds not being in sync, this is impossible. But yet, it is possible. 

This makes you wonder, there are two possibilities.

a) xbox-ps4 crossplay. (due to ps4 cert and maybe xbox delay?)

b) PC and xbox crossplay. (xbox might not be delayed due to no cert process. Only thing here is PC always goes first. And I really dont think DE will delay PC for xbox to be in this crossplay. So if crossplay ever do appear, it might be on both consoles. 

Maybe in the late future, or never. It does work, and thats why they hyped it. But the time is not right, not for now. And it does create conflict on PC players behaf. Thats something they dont want. I hope the understanding is there. I was hyped when they talked about it, because it seemed like a fun idea. But with builds not being in sync, this is impossible. But yet, it is possible. 

There will never be xbox/pc cross play.