Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Shield Range Cap Intended?

Detheroc

Electric shield hardcaps the range of ANY weapon fired through. I know this is intended for weapons that have a hardcap already (Synapse,Flux rifle etc) but is it really for unlimited range weapons? Ive tested it with Lex prime, Soma and Svandal and im not able to hit enemies further away than roughly 70 metres. After taking a step aside and shoot from the same distance without Shield, i hit the enemy, no problem. I know that 70 metres are enough for most areas, but with the Sniper buff incoming, id like to use Volt shield more often.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this to confirm that this is still ongoing. However, not all weapons are affected by the range restriction.

From what I've tested, only hitscan weapons and held-trigger weapons (e.g., Synapse) that already have a limited range will have the fixed range of 70 meters when fired through Electric Shield. Shots fired from projectile weapons, such as launchers and bows, will continue to follow their trajectory without a range cap while retaining Electric Shield's damage bonuses.