Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ash Build - Suggestions?

ProCharlesBro

Question

15 answers to this question

Rank up Teleport and Vitality, DROP Blind Rage to Rank 2, and run with 75% efficiency. Consider slotting Stretch instead of Flow. Install Smoke Screen - even with a 4 second duration it's useful to revive, use objectives, escape, and stagger enemies.

Rank up Teleport and Vitality, DROP Blind Rage to Rank 2, and run with 75% efficiency. Consider slotting Stretch instead of Flow. Install Smoke Screen - even with a 4 second duration it's useful to revive, use objectives, escape, and stagger enemies.

Darzk took the words right out of my mouth =p / stretch = wider bladestorm area

Edited by -ExT-Skitz0

Some of my fav ash builds

http://gyazo.com/3811cfd1abf73efdb30a64d8f0f273ac

this is usually my go to build, i often swap out redirection with vigor in wich case i would change fortitude with something like streamline

http://gyazo.com/78d49fa4336d4180a2cfc8d3a91b7da9

Invis ash build, I rarely use this because if i want to run around Invis I might as well be on loki and do it right

http://gyazo.com/d22eb14c77f22623f061f74b7f1e635d

This is my fumiest ash build, kind of a manual blade storm build, Just equip your fav op melee like dragon nikani and just teleport to and fro and have fun 1 hitting everything.  *note if you don't have a lot of energy tabs made this one needs to be tweaked for  efficiency.

Maxing out your Range and Duration will make your Bladestorm go wide and go long. You can use Intensify to up the damage, but at later levels it is pretty moot one way or another.

I tend to drop the Survival mods in main missions (such as Redirection and Vitality) as Bladestorm makes you invulnerable. On top of that, my Ash is Forma-riffic, so he is also modded for power efficiency. 25 energy to wipe out the room in my case. I use teleport to help with my melee combat and mobility, and that's about it.

If I am doing other missions that don't involve eradicating everything, I tend to use Smokescreen, Shuriken and Teleport, ignoring Bladestorm. Build for duration and damage, add some and power effectiency and with some skill you can ignore survivability mods again. Just got to get used to running when the heat is on, then coming back when you have recouped.

would strech have any effect on bladestorm? or should i just take it for teleport

If you do decide to use Stretch, you can leave Teleport at Rank 1; as with Stretch installed it will reach the 50m targeting cap. Stretch is more for the wider area of effect to Bladestorm, meaning more targets get marked, and it will last longer, giving shields more time to recharge.

Okay, I have to apologize, my BS build has NO duration mods in it.

I was obviously confusing it with my other build. I went full Range and Power Efficiency, then Intensify to help mitigate the -Power Damage from corrupted mods.

On top of that, I am using anything that will help power usage. If I remember, I will post my mod setup for you, but bear in mind, this guy has like 5 Forma on him. But yeah.. a little over 20 energy to BS everything in a defense map. THAT can't be scoffed at.

Intensify to help mitigate the -Power Damage from corrupted mods.

I've never actually seen a recommendation to use Overextended before. The 1200 damage per attack reduction is just too harsh, imo. It would work for lower levels (or static level game types) I guess, but 1400 damage (with Intensify, 800 without) feels just too weak as you get up there.

One of the most OP things about Bladestorm compared to other frames nukes is that it ignores armor, so it really shines against higher leveled enemies, when you need the damage. The other OP thing is that you go back to attack targets still standing, so the damage reduction wouldn't be a big deal against a small pack of enemies, but when you get entire rooms spawning at once, every enemy one-shot is another that can be killed.

I've never actually seen a recommendation to use Overextended before. The 1200 damage per attack reduction is just too harsh, imo. It would work for lower levels (or static level game types) I guess, but 1400 damage (with Intensify, 800 without) feels just too weak as you get up there.

One of the most OP things about Bladestorm compared to other frames nukes is that it ignores armor, so it really shines against higher leveled enemies, when you need the damage. The other OP thing is that you go back to attack targets still standing, so the damage reduction wouldn't be a big deal against a small pack of enemies, but when you get entire rooms spawning at once, every enemy one-shot is another that can be killed.

It's quite nice - especially after the multiple hit on one target patch - against ancients and the like in defense. softens them up quite nicely. Also 1400 damage per strike s pretty good at wiping out mooks for the most part. End game you are pretty much relying on weapons for most frames anyway. (save Nyx and Loki, etc) so for me, Overextended just means for lower-level content you are map wiping for 20 energy.