Warframe Pvp Conflicts

9tailboy

WOOOOOOO Super awesome PvP in conflict mode! YEA! Ya know, I made a post about this a few months ago how dark sectors should be in outer space with subway like battle rails and tenno versus tenno, this is what I'm talking about, the footage from Devstream 27 was no lie, I might have something more than t4 survival to enjoy in warframe!

INB4 douchebag PVP haters who say Warframe is PVE only, even though Warframe was originally going to be a PVP game.

Edit: to late, also you guys get the DE helped work on Unreal Tournament. :/ So i doubt PVP will be horrible.

Edited by Feallike

Edit: to late, also you guys get the DE helped work on Unreal Tournament. :/ So i doubt PVP will be horrible.

But they also had Epic Games saying "Look guys, this is how it's done."

Basically they will have to look into the balancing otherwise it could end in a disaster. Unreal Tournament is so much easier to balance with all weapons topping out on the same DPS and everybody basically having the same Health/Shield with no Armor curves and 300 mods to consider.

And don't tell me there's no balance needed... because there will be enough people complaining if it's not fair. Either that or people won't play it.

Edited by MeduSalem

INB4 douchebag PVP haters who say Warframe is PVE only, even though Warframe was originally going to be a PVP game.

wait, what? When?

Wut? Everyone from DE always said that PvP wasn't going to be a part (later a 'great' part) of the game because they 'don't like it'. They said it for something like MONTHS after the release of Open Beta... 

And, however, if these 'PvP' will be something marginal it's ok. In all other cases, it just have no sense.

First, because there is an enormous difference between Warframe and weapons (and also with the Conclave system a person can face a player too strong for him).

Second, because this game didn't born for PvP (maybe you forgot the initial concept of the game), it was introduced due to a request of the community (in fact, the first and only kind of PvP was in the Dojo room).

Third, ALREADY we have a LOT of complaints and meanness thanks to Dark Sector Conflicts and all the stupid thing done for just holding a raild for something like 2 or 3 day or a week... Imagine all the good things that will come with a PvP system. Yeah, I can imagine... children crying, a bad atmosphere thanks to the continue competition between players to show who's the best of the best on nerding and farming (or paying) for the best gear.

Yeah. Wonderfull.

Nothing against PvP I just hope it's done right and not so unplayable for everyone not using end game gear

This is why they made the different levels of pvp areas. They have a certain amount of conclave you can have to enter i last thought.

I like PVP in games thats been build for it, (balancewise) as someone else stated, this game is much too unbalanced for me to even consitter Pvp.

(regarding mods and different frame skils.)

im however all fine with other Tenno wanting to play Pvp,. as long as i dont have to..

It's a PvE focused game with 2 PvP modes. I think we will live.

I know, seriously.

People who don't like it don't have to play.  The Devs said exactly that in the Devstream.  You are not 'forced' to participate in the Rail Conflicts.  It's not like those who choose not to PvP will be missing out, since the rewards in conflicts are lackluster at best, even for the competing Alliances.

So, if you prefer endless PvE, it is still there.  For those of us who want something more, that's also there.

Edited by Hexagoros

I don't mind PvP, as long as it remains a minor side item for Battlefield folk, and DE doesn't begin to tune levels, Warframes and gameplay for it.

Feallike, when you say WF was "..originally going to be a PvP game...", how many years back toward 'Dark Sector' are you going with that statement?  Of course the game that became WF has been evolving for more than 10 years, but I don't think it was ever envisioned as anything but coop while it was being developed under the name Warframe.  It certainly wasn't PvP back in the CB days.

I know, seriously.

People who don't like it don't have to play.  The Devs said exactly that in the Devstream.  You are not 'forced' to participate in the Rail Conflicts.  It's not like those who choose not to PvP will be missing out, since the rewards in conflicts are lackluster at best, even for the competing Alliances.

So, if you prefer endless PvE, it is still there.  For those of us who want something more, that's also there.

Well I just hope playing DS conflicts in PvP challenges breaks solar rails more than doing the normal way, my only questions are, how balanced will everything be in PvP, as far as I know, players are gonna valkyr the entire area, go beserker and stuff, use explosives all day, and end up using dual ichor, something has to be done about that in conflicts, its gonna break the game as much as it is, and if its PvP, and its basically gonna be challenger vs supporter, does that also mean 4 vs 4? Because that would be epic.

I like the concept of the new game mode. 

I like that it is diversifying dark sectors activity.

I like that PvP is getting more content

I like that PvP is getting more content that is balanced alongside / does not interfere with PvE

I don't like that Dark sectors are still pointless. Why do we have to burn out, fighting over them with no real reason or reward? 

The original concept was to have unique resources and bosses hidden behind dark sectors. 

What we need is a region in the star chart made up entirely of Dark sectors with a boss node hidden in the middle ( linked to multiple nodes)

Also bonuses to clans that hold multiple dark sectors to encourage empire play. 

Do not get me wrong this is a really really nice addition and will be innovative and fun. However dark sectors still need reason to be more than those two nodes per area that you don't really pay to much attention to. 

spinless players who just pick on enemies that aren't even close to your strength.

Well no. I can understand why one would want a fair fight, but I'd rather choose easier levels if that means I won't get mad at a game. That's not fun.

I'll go over it better at a later time.

Edited by Vintovka