Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Survival Credit Caches With Resource Caches.

Hexagoros

We've all been there.  You're doing an Earth/Mars/Venus Dark Sector survival, you hit the next 5 minute mark, and you get a credit cache...for 1000-1500 credits.  Bitter frustration.

Let's be honest.  From a gameplay perspective, receiving 1000 credits is meaningless, that amount of credits has, functionally, no value.  It may as well be an empty reward slot.  No matter how new/low level you are, that amount of credits is worthless.

I propose we change Credit Caches with Resources Caches.  Rather than receive 1500 credits on the Earth Dark Sector, for example, you would receive like 4-500 Rubedo, or 800-1000 Ferrite, or even 1-2 Neurods.  Not 'great' rewards by any means, but at least it would have some value.  And it would adjust accordingly for its various Planets.

It would keep the 'low value reward' slot low value, but at least give it some use.

Edited by Hexagoros

Credit caches do need a huge tweak, which I agree with 100% I don't think my 5 - 40 minute is worth for the credits obtained when I get more credits than the cache just by doing the mission >.<, Either give em a huge buff, remove em, or swap them out with something like resources.. I mean, 20 - 50k credits would be much more valuable than 1-1.5k, and I would even take that much over one of the mods or a key at some points! But leaving at 40 minutes or so with a 1.5k credit cache is really disheartening

They can also just +50% the current amount and add another 0 to end of that new value.

15k - 40k credit? Now I'm interested since I still have a lot of stuffs to mod and half a bar cost 50k.

Edited by Zeitzbach

"Oh boy FERRITE for 15 minutes! YES!" - No one said this any year

Said literally, no one, ever, in history.

That was the earth example.  Receiving a few hundred rubedo, a thousand or so ferrite, or a neurod is still way better than receiving 1k credits.

The Credit Cache is meant to be a low value reward.  So yes, I suggested replacing it for 'low value resources,' which at least have some value.

For example, when constantly building specters for the alliance/clan regiments, or constantly producing gear, Ferrite and Salvage do come into play, as they are needed in vast quantities.  So at least getting 1-1.5k ferrite would be useful.

Edited by Hexagoros

We used to get prime parts for every 5 minutes of survival.  Then someone said "orokin cells should drop in the void" (but actually mean drop from enemies as resources) and we got orokin cells at 5 minutes in survival.  We also got credit caches, then we started getting void keys...

See where this is headed?

"Oh boy FERRITE for 15 minutes! YES!" - No one said this any year

Said literally, no one, ever, in history.

He said according to the planet so it (ofc) wouldnt be just ferrite or something crappy every time. This would indirectly would be stupid because of the nanospores and ferrite and the other common resources that EVERYONE has. They would have to make it rare to get resources so you just be getting a chunk of uselessness sometimes.  

Edited by Darksamurai555

But I need more than 999,999 Nano Spores! What if I run out? I might have to take some of my 10,000 Detonite Ampules and make them into a Christmas Tree Prime, but I need 1 million Nano Spores!

This man gets it.  In a sordid way, but he gets it nonetheless...  XD

EDIT: (sorry if you're a woman.)

Edited by sushidubya

But I need more than 999,999 Nano Spores! What if I run out? I might have to take some of my 10,000 Detonite Ampules and make them into a Christmas Tree Prime, but I need 1 million Nano Spores!

The only reason most of us have so many nano-spores is because of ODD.  The only reason so many have endless Ferrite is because they don't build gear, or specters.

But the point remains, receiving some spare resources is 'still better' than receiving 1k credits.

Again, how would this 'not' be an improvement over the meaningless credit caches?  The credit caches are -- literally -- worthless.

Edited by Hexagoros

Well, between getting 200 more of something that will probably have over 6000 dropped by the end of stage or an extra worthless credit that is worth 1 fusion, I guess I will go with Credit.

But again, x10 the current amount and I will be really happy to get it sometime.

Edited by Zeitzbach