Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Taxi Limitations

magusat999

You forgot to quote this part:

"Hey that's just my take off the top of my head. Let me know what you think or if you can improve this idea...

Edited cuz some people think I am trying to lay down the law - I'm just OPENING DISCUSSION about it, don't take my suggestions as de-facto!!! If you think it should be different - TELL US ABOUT IT, don't just get snarky! Its not like any of this is actually going to happen!!!"

Your response is a prime example of not understanding the purpose of the topic, yet wanting to respond with vicious intent anyway.

No, I saw that part. Arguing for why something might be a bad idea is also discussion. I never said you were laying down the law, etc. Also, I'm trying to get some clarification. 5 conflicts with 3, 6 conflicts with 5. To be fair, I was a little snarky.

And vicious is a really strong word.

And to make my point clear: Nothing should be changed. DE is already changing the fact that taxiing won't unlock the node and although while it's a fair decision, grinding from Mercury to Ceres was a painful repetition that I wouldn't put any new player through. Unless I didn't like them.

Edited by Go4tfi5h

Not unlocking the node IMO makes the taxiing issue worse. You be asked to Taxi again, next time that node has an alert because a lot of people asking for taxis won't ever finish the maps because it's too easy to go to the void with well geared players and gear up that way. 

See? This ^

Why grind all the way to Ceres for Frost when you can just get Frost Prime with a little leeching? Also, Lech Kril is hard with 2 invincible prosecutors flanking him and making him invincible.

Edited by Go4tfi5h

No, I saw that part. Arguing for why something might be a bad idea is also discussion. I never said you were laying down the law, etc. Also, I'm trying to get some clarification. 5 conflicts with 3, 6 conflicts with 5. To be fair, I was a little snarky.

And vicious is a really strong word.

And to make my point clear: Nothing should be changed. DE is already changing the fact that taxiing won't unlock the node and although while it's a fair decision, grinding from Mercury to Ceres was a painful repetition that I wouldn't put any new player through. Unless I didn't like them.

Well I grinded my way through and I quite enjoyed it. Grinding through should be the rule, not the exception. You shouldn't be able to taxi your way through either.

That edit wasn't specifically for you, I know you didn't say that and it wasn't a response to anything you didn't say. I appreciate you came back and answered (clarified) in a mature manner - there are a lot of people who just get worse as the conversation goes on.

The unlocking part was just one issue - and I wasn't even focused on that in my OP. That came up later by people citing the Devstream. That is not the whole problem. I don't see how those thing conflict - care to elaborate? Even so - what would make those things NOT conflict, but improve at the same time? just saying "they conflict"really doesn't solve anything or speak to why you say that. I'd like to know how you think they are conflicting.

(I EDITED THE OP, HOPE THAT HELPS)

Edited by magusat999