Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Dojo's Tileset

I was invited to some really really really nice Dojos to make trades, and some old Dojos, the Orokin Void-likes are so far the most beautiful.

Thinking about it, why DE change the tileset of Dojos? Looking to my rooms now makes me feeling sad remembering that ones. :(

Please DE, bring back the old Dojos.

The "sound theme" of the actual Dojo and the set make me feel on some weird place, with nothing alives or something like that. 

Maybe just some new decorations with based themes, like Orokin-Pack, Derelict-Pack, Grineer-Pack (Grineer Galeon Theme for rooms, I dream with it every night), whatever, just something to make the Dojo a enjoyable place to Tenno and his happy friends.

EDIT: Here are one video of the old version: 

Edited by ArmaChaos

I'd think it would be pretty easy to make variants of all the generic rooms as follows:

1)Orokin (makes it look like the void towers)

2)Derelict (old dojos)

3)Grineer

4)Corpus

5)Default (new dojos)

Of course these "skins" could only be applied to the generic rooms like connectors and main halls (or maybe they could have their own special variants of rooms like gardens and the obstacle course, etc.) maybe even have their own unique equipment such as the trade station and whatnot.

I'd think it would be pretty easy to make variants of all the generic rooms as follows:

1)Orokin (makes it look like the void towers)

2)Derelict (old dojos)

3)Grineer

4)Corpus

5)Default (new dojos)

Of course these "skins" could only be applied to the generic rooms like connectors and main halls (or maybe they could have their own special variants of rooms like gardens and the obstacle course, etc.) maybe even have their own unique equipment such as the trade station and whatnot.

Pretty sure no one would use anything but tower and derelict.

Yeah, I was playing solo for a long while and ignoring clans. By the time I've started building a dojo old tileset was removed. I've got to say, dojo customization is lacking in general. I pimp it out as much as I can, and still it is lacking. I want it reek of vain Orokin decadence. So far it looks like a large, 3 floor garden with some utility rooms.

While we're at it we need more lamps. And more objects to interact with. Like a room for sentinel fights and sheep torture... Just suggesting...

The major reason why they did the overhaul was:

1) The old tiles weren't based on a grid. They had random room-sizes and therefore made it impossible/difficult to build some layouts like loopings/circles and other stuff. So they had to change that in favor of a standardized grid to make rooms fit better into the system.

2) The old dojo may have been released before the Derelicts but I think they noticed that while developing the Derelict tileset they looked way too similar and wanted to give the Tenno their own unique feeling that's very distinctive/different from the overgrown Orokin-Era stuff. We are now our own faction and want to dissociate from the Orokin which seems legit, because after all we killed them.

From my own perspective I think the current Dojo-style is a little bit too "clean" and lifeless. It almost feels too naked compared to the fancy Orokin style we had before. But I definitely don't want the overgrown bling-bling-style back.

Some of the Dojo gardens are going in the right direction... bringing in this calm and warm autumn-feeling to it. In fact there should be small fringed patches of green with maple trees/bushes everywhere by default - even in the grand halls. The rooms feel cold without that.

Also being able to customize room texturing/colors would add much to the experience because it's pretty dull to look at a bunch of different greys.

Edited by MeduSalem

hmm, most of my dojo is build in the old tilesets, because i couldent be bothered to tear it all down, and then waite for it all to be build again,..

i used to wish i would one day do it though,.. but after seeing you guys responses, i may just keep the old tilesets for nostalgic reasons now :)

I miss the old tileset a lot. I still have 2 old reactors and my original clan hall, but I had to sacrifice everything else to rebuild. There was no way to build anything more because nothing would line up with the new tiles and I would have complete hallways that could never be linked. The old set had a lot more character, and I wish they had just redone the old ones onto a grid or something. The new tileset is nice and well-made, but it's too....sterile.

I think the reason they changed it because the Old Dojo represents when the Tenno first woke up and their old Dojo's have been overgrown, but over time the Tenno cleaned and improved their Dojo to it's true nature (Before Orokin massacre and Cryosleep) 

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13