Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks Like Pvp Solar Rails Are Going In :(

Wynn

I love fighting specters solo, just wish that there was a better game mode for it. Looks like you can't have your cake and eat it too.

EDIT => Do you have a link to that Saske? That's exciting news if true.

Edited by Spacetimer

Lore went out the window when you could side with both enemy factions

^ Pretty much this, we strive for "balance" but lets work as mercenaries for highest bidder and let them take the node amirite?

and I thought the Tenno is on the brink of extinction from being hunted down and only a few of us are left, why the hell are we killing each other to add salt to the wound?

Lore went out the window when you could side with both enemy factions

^ Pretty much this, we strive for "balance" but lets work as mercenaries for highest bidder and let them take the node amirite?

and I thought the Tenno is on the brink of extinction from being hunted down and only a few of us are left, why the hell are we killing each other to add salt to the wound?

While I agree that PvP doesn't fit lorewise. We are supposed to side with a force because we believe it will help with balance. Because there are humans playing and not Tenno we need a reward.

For the solar rails can choose between the pvp version they are adding or the current mission.    and for Lore behind it.

Seems like some of the events, that have been happening the info that has be revealed to the tenno is causing a stir in just what we should be fighting for.  

Are we fighters that are charged with protecting a balance of power, or Merely mercenries that fight for the highest bidder.   Prehaps we are merely thrill seekers, seeks a challange for the powers that we hold.    We know only the history that is told to us, but is it the truth.  The Cyro Sleep did affect the tenno's memories.  

the Tenno follow the Lotus, cause she saved them from being killed and experimented on.  But for what reason did she say them.  Theres too many loop holes in the history we are given,  So until we are givin an event to recover lost history and learn about the old war before the tenno were put to sleep.   

should be asking...  "Who. are the Tenno really?  and who should they actually be trusting"

Honour my arse. I'd like some lore based explanation behind the addition. 

I fear this is one such situation where lore is secondary to adding in new game mechanics.  It happened before with conclaves, invasions, and solar rails, it's happening with this new pvp mode, and it will probably happen in the future as well.

As it stands, the lore should indicate something along the lines of: "The Tenno have a long standing history of self-destructive practices most commonly involving killing each other and using their power to attain material wealth that continues to this day."

Pvp is fine as long as there arent any pvp specific rewards. Especially when the game is marketed as pve. A know a lot of people play the game because its pve (me included). If theres rewards that you can only get from playing pvp then it will become an issue for sure.

But if there isnt any specific pvp rewards, then Im fine with it.

It's optional, if you don't like PvP don't play it.

Problem I have with it is it seem like that from old stream that its going to replace the old solar rail maps, which would me then some mods would be put behind a pvp gate.

Problem I have with it is it seem like that from old stream that its going to replace the old solar rail maps, which would me then some mods would be put behind a pvp gate.

Don't worry, you will be able to run the PvE Solar Rails.

Yeah about the lore, Tennos are already at war in the Solar Rails.

Really don't want to watch all the old streams to find it but didn't they say it was replacing?

From what i've heard, it's like a different mission. It will replace it only if the matchmaking can find other four players willing to play it... As far as i know. I might be wrong though, let's wait and see.

Here you go, the devstream they talk about it... http://youtu.be/AOPl10G-Ddo?t=24m18s

Edited by RexSol