Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looks Like Pvp Solar Rails Are Going In :(

Wynn

Alright, if you can point me to any proper lore. Which tells us that both factions mass produce like that...

We didn't even know how fast the infested spread. Until salad comes and snips some fingers.

Go ahead and read the faction bios for grinder and corpus on the home page.

Here's the grineer one:

"Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers."

And the corpus one:

"The Corpus are a dominating proto-corporation of humans that maintain and operate the trade routes of the Solar Rails. They are rarely seen by others and are better known for the robot proxies that serve for them."

Edited by vaugahn

Just read the Grineer lore on the Wiki, their soldiers are mass produced clones.

The Corpus lore on the Wiki states that their vast industry produces limitless robots and numberless fleets.

The Technocyte virus dates back to Earth's Cold War, if you look at the game Dark Sector, and through breeding hives and contagion produces itself in vast numbers.

The lore is all right there.

Show me the numbers/speed of it. If they "mass produce" 5 units a day cloning an army still takes time. DE relates sources.

Breeding hives is a special occasion, where alad had his fingers mingling with the infested.

Edit: since you want to use the homepage:

Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

Stand united? Loyal to each other? ---- Dark sector/Rails

common foe? ---- siding with grineer or corpus

Edited by SirSlayer

Show me the numbers/speed of it. If they "mass produce" 5 units a day cloning an army still takes time. Also please ingame sources.

Breeding hives is a special occasion, where alad had his fingers mingling with the infested.

Are you freaking serious?!  5 units a day?  The in-game, and on-site info says 'vast in numbers.' 

Do you have no concept of what industrial mass production looks like or is capable of?

Present day earth has seen armies rise and fall to the order of tens of millions of soldiers at a time.  Present-day industry is capable of producing and equipping countless millions of soldiers. Now extrapolate that thousands of years into the future, and imagine, for a moment, the limitless possibilities.

The grineer, according to the lore, basically have biological 'factories' that produce soldiers on cloning assembly lines.  I really don't know how else to explain this to you.  Numbers mean nothing to them.  They are a vast.

As for the Technocyte virus... it spreads like a virus...I'm not going to pretend I can explain that any other way...

Edited by Hexagoros

Show me the numbers/speed of it. If they "mass produce" 5 units a day cloning an army still takes time. DE relates sources.

Edit: since you want to use the homepage:

If it was 5 unit a day it would not be called mass production.

Edited by Alphafox

Stop crying about lore. There was almost none ot begin with.

Well then, stop crying about endgame. There isn't much there either. See your logic? Just because something isn't available to us doesn't mean we can't talk about it. 

Well then, stop crying about endgame. There isn't much there either. See your logic? Just because something isn't available to us doesn't mean we can't talk about it. 

I'm not crying about engdame either. That is another can of wyrms though.

Sure you can talk about it. Sorry for pointing out how loosely handled the plot thread is.

Have you seen the in-game statistics about how many lancers have been killed in the past year? If we assume those numbers are canon-correct then the grineer have a military numbering in the tens of trillions, not counting any non-combatants we haven't seen yet.

Also, not really sure I want to know exactly what Alad V is doing with his fingers.

Are you freaking serious?!  5 units a day?  The in-game, and on-site info says 'vast in numbers.' 

Well... that was an obvious exaggeration. I get your point entirely. It's just that millions isn't "a few" imho. Feel free to disagree.

Have you seen the in-game statistics about how many lancers have been killed in the past year? If we assume those numbers are canon-correct then the grineer have a military numbering in the tens of trillions, not counting any non-combatants we haven't seen yet.

Also, not really sure I want to know exactly what Alad V is doing with his fingers.

Alright, I guess we have several million bosses cloned at hand and ready to be shot down aswell.

Well... that was an obvious exaggeration. I get your point entirely. It's just that millions isn't "a few" imho. Feel free to disagree.

So the concept of comparative analysis escapes you?

No, 7 million taken by itself is not 'few in number.'  But when you are comparing that same 7 million to separate groups of trillions...?

Alright, I guess we have several million bosses cloned at hand and ready to be shot down aswell.

Then why are you assuming their are millions of Tenno?

That number is taken from the same fact sheet.

Edited by Hexagoros

Well if you want to go there I can name you hundreds of other games with respawing bosses. Do those games have "loosely handled" stories as well?

That depends entirely on that game.... you didn't present an argument here.

Yeah, I did. You're mistaking a gameplay conceit for lore. In the lore, we know that the grineer have zillions of dudes who swarm everywhere, but there's only one sargas ruk. In gameplay we have the same amount of dudes, but sargas ruk can respawn for gameplay reasons.

You know, it wouldn't hurt to admit you were wrong. It happens to the best of us!

Edited by vaugahn

Yeah, I did. You're mistaking a gameplay conceit for lore. In the lore, we know that the grineer have zillions of dudes who swarm everywhere, but there's only one sargas ruk. In gameplay we have the same amount of dudes, but sargas ruk can respawn for gameplay reasons.

You know, it wouldn't hurt to admit you were wrong. It happens to the best of us!

I am pretty sure the only things involving the bosses that count as "lore" are released in videos. Well maybe until the new Hek battle where he clearly has an escape plan.

Stop worrying about Lore so much. It can be established at a later time.

As it stands now, Infested de-activate life support on you, and enemies politely wait for you to kill their last friend before engaging another wave in defense missions.

Stop worrying about Lore so much. It can be established at a later time.

As it stands now, Infested de-activate life support on you, and enemies politely wait for you to kill their last friend before engaging another wave in defense missions.

You have to make a differemce between game functionality,AI and Lore. 

i love it....

XD

seriously it's only fair to bring balance among ourself

well thats how they justify everything else isnt it? :P i mean the individual clans can probably also become to powerful

edit: sorry for double post :D

Edited by khazlol

The Tenno murdered their leaders bringing about a second Dark age and jeopardized the very survival of the human race.

We are hardly the good guys and a little above a smart bomb

That act of treason against the Orokin shows that Tenno have free will, and like anything with Free will they have the power to choose, Intelligently or less so.

Without the Lotus, an Awaken Tenno would be little more than a super powered mercenary. The Lotus knows this and does her best to steer our blood lust towards enemies that deserve it, but like any soldier that lacks Loyalty the highest bidder always wins, Grineer, Corpus, or Eclipse.

*Edit: A Word.

Edited by ChubbyWarhead

I fear this is one such situation where lore is secondary to adding in new game mechanics.  It happened before with conclaves, invasions, and solar rails, it's happening with this new pvp mode, and it will probably happen in the future as well.

As it stands, the lore should indicate something along the lines of: "The Tenno have a long standing history of self-destructive practices most commonly involving killing each other and using their power to attain material wealth that continues to this day."

since tenno are allowed to branch off under there own banner under lotus and take solar rails it only make sence that when a group of tenno become too powerful other tenno "restore the balance"