Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Solo The Stalker?

Aramanth

Question

Tonight alone I was attacked by the stalker twice and he killed me in 4 hits.  Total.  Hell, it was probably less, I couldn't even turn around to shoot at him before he killed me.  Not going to lie, I hate him.  It makes me feel even worse about my ability to play when I lose to him twice in 30 minutes.  What's the best way to solo him?  Like, weapon loadout, frame, strategy, etc.  I want revenge.  Badly.

And I say solo because I tend to play alone.  I doubt people will want to help me if they find out I'm marked, so I need to be able to handle this guy alone.  I'm done with him ruining my weapon ranking.

Edited by Aramanth

24 answers to this question

In Warframe, Stalker solo YOU.

The best way is to probably kite around him, dodging his shots by sprinting in circles round him. Don't forget to occasionally take cover.

As for load out, I'd say some Warframe that can take damage and or avoid damage. So, probably a Valkyr or Rhino. As for weapons, something accurate since you'll be sprinting around, constantly moving. Or you can strap on a shotgun and roll. Don't try meleeing the Stalker unless you have Hysteria on. (Actually I have no idea if Stalker can Dispel Hysteria)

Another strategy is to bring friends.

:D

If you go to the effort of building weapons specifically for him, any high dps will do.

If you circle strafe, his arrows will miss, and all you need to worry about is his Slash Dash ability, which can hit hard.

If you are stuck with low level gear, maybe try going in close with melee, blocking the whole time?

-edit-

Don't try meleeing the Stalker unless you have Hysteria on.

Interesting, I have taken to meleeing him whenever he appears. Channeling is a good use of energy too, since he dispels all effects.

Edited by Kthal

In Warframe, Stalker solo YOU.

The best way is to probably kite around him, dodging his shots by sprinting in circles round him. Don't forget to occasionally take cover.

As for load out, I'd say some Warframe that can take damage and or avoid damage. So, probably a Valkyr or Rhino. As for weapons, something accurate since you'll be sprinting around, constantly moving. Or you can strap on a shotgun and roll. Don't try meleeing the Stalker unless you have Hysteria on. (Actually I have no idea if Stalker can Dispel Hysteria)

Perfect, the two frames I do have.  And I think he can dispel Hysteria.  The first time I fought him a long time ago I tried to hysteria and punch him to death.  I immediately fell out of it and he poked me with his bow.

1) Bring your best gear. For frames, any who can take dmg or not take it at all

2) Forma all your gear and max out your builds

3) Unload everything into Stalker when he pops up in his kneel position, and while he's getting up

4) If not dead, run around and dodge his attacks. Look out for his abilites (Absorb, Teleport, Slash Dash, etc.)

5) Certain abilities will be cancelled by Stalker's Dispel and even staggers you, so watch out for that. (refer to http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dispel )

If you have the best gear, you can probably get Stalker before he gets up. A full clip (5 shots) of my 3 Forma'ed Brakk wrecks him. 

Make a Marelok, Forma it two or three times and put the usual mods on it, wait till he shows up, put your crosshairs on his head, and shoot him between the eyes. Kill him before he can start moving around and firing at you. Always carry at least one strong weapon for when one of the hunters show up.

Make a Marelok, Forma it two or three times and put the usual mods on it, wait till he shows up, put your crosshairs on his head, and shoot him between the eyes. Kill him before he can start moving around and firing at you. Always carry at least one strong weapon for when one of the hunters show up.

The marelok's that powerful?

Alright, the general consensus seems to be to run and gun, and to bring weapons that can kill him before he stands up.  Does the level of the mission affect his overall power?

To fight stalker you need at least one good weapons. He spawns kneeing, just wait til he stands up and then burst him down. With my synapse it takes 1.5 seconds, but that is with maxed out gear. He can be realy hard if you have under leveled weapons.

Here's my tactic, so far it hasn't failed.

1. Equip Valkyr (Preferably with rage but it isn't required)

2. Equip a good melee weapon like Obex or Dual Ichors with the lifestrike mod

3. When you start getting his messages find a dead end or small room with something to hide behind and switch to melee

4. Wait for the stalker to spawn, he'll either teleport into melee range or come closer to shoot you

5. Run to him if he didn't teleport, hold the channel button and mash the melee key, your armor should reduce the damage he does while lifestrike refills your health, chances are he'll die first

So far this tactic has never failed for me, hopefully you'll find it useful.

Just_keep_swimming_dory.gif

but lets be serious

1) keep mobile: never stop moving or learn how to shoot while in motion

thats about it

as long as you dont run off and stay in a close area around him you should be able to pick at his health without any warframe gimmicks

stay at Medium Range at all times, as there he's least effective. Dread will oneshot most everyone, Hate will just kill you, don't have a Melee fight unless you can avoid his attacks, but Despair does less Damage and doesn't have bonuses to Tenno, unlike Dread and Hate which do bonus Damage to Tenno.

and remember, at far ranges, Stalker will just Blink to you, which stuns you. which will be followed up by a Melee Attack. #ded

kiting constantly is the only reasonable option - buttchugging, flip jumps, and the like. move erratically to make the AI less capable of hitting you reliably. 

and ofcourse remember to never use any Offensive or Survivability Duration Powers. Utilities will either work or he'll ignore them. Offensive Powers will not CC but still deal the Damage. but Offensive Powers with a Duration will be Dispeled and that's usually #ded.

Does the level of the mission affect his overall power?

yes. he scales with Level of the Mission.

Edited by taiiat

1) Smack him around when he is getting up

2) If he survives, keep mobile.  The Stalker can and WILL chase you into oblivion.

3) Watch out for his ability to cancel most warframe abilities.

4) The Stalker has a few tricks of his own. watch out for his ability to teleport, and his Slash Dash.

5) Keep calm, I've seen people turned into mince meat because they had no idea where the Stalker was, and was startled by him.

6) Last of all keep tabs on him at ALL times so you don't turn into mince meat like number five.

Good hunting Tenno!

if there is large amount of enemies around and he stays close, then absorb can do alot of damage to him.

Before absorb got it's band-aid nerf all you had to do was use chaos and hide until he used absorb then run up and use absorb, once he releases his absorb you release your's and boom one hit KO. But because of the way absorb works now this no longer works very well.

I find his AI seems to be scared of walking through doors sometimes, so often you can just use a decent weapon with punch-through and kill him through a closed door.

EDIT: to clarify, Nyx can be good

Edited by shepshifter

Take a high burst damage weapon. Kill him fast. He's a "gear check" more than anything else, so bring the hurt. No strategy or anything required with him. And powers are mostly useless so don't waste time with them, unless Nyx. She's the only one with an ability that can make him a "formality". More or less...  So unless it's her, the frame you take really doesn't matter, your mobility is the only thing that can make a difference, not your "resistance" to damage. He WILL kick your @$$ in very few hits no matter what. So think high burst damage and maybe a high mobility frame or Nyx, Everything else is largely irrelevant.^^

Edited by Marthrym

Ill tell u my secret, once I was playing the BG event, i had been kickd by a disruptor and only had arround 30 energy by the time uncle stalker appeared, lucky for me i brought my Valk with two lifestrike dual ichors, 

It was easy

The good old rule: NEVER level up all three weapons at same time. Keep at least one already maxed with you. Stalker loves to hunt you when you're leveling frames and weapons.

The marelok's that powerful?

Alright, the general consensus seems to be to run and gun, and to bring weapons that can kill him before he stands up.  Does the level of the mission affect his overall power?

The Marelok is the second best Secondary in the game, behind the Brakk. The Brakk does more damage, but the Marelok has higher status and no damage falloff.

All these weapons I don't think I can even get the blueprints for yet....I guess I can avoid bosses until I grind up better gear.  The most I have now is a maxed venka, boltor, and I'm working on angstrom currently.

1) Bring your best gear. For frames, any who can take dmg or not take it at all

2) Forma all your gear and max out your builds

3) Unload everything into Stalker when he pops up in his kneel position, and while he's getting up

4) If not dead, run around and dodge his attacks. Look out for his abilites (Absorb, Teleport, Slash Dash, etc.)

5) Certain abilities will be cancelled by Stalker's Dispel and even staggers you, so watch out for that. (refer to http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dispel )

If you have the best gear, you can probably get Stalker before he gets up. A full clip (5 shots) of my 3 Forma'ed Brakk wrecks him. 

#5 is very important for anyone who is farming for the stalker, as he will usually slash dash if he gets a stagger on you, my synapse destroys him as described above, as he spawns in you can take shield but no health while he is in this "spawning" animation, hence why it is important in my opinion to get him in an open area, then just unload on him , usually dies more or less instantly for me if I catch him in spawning animation with 6 x forma synapse :)