Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useful Spectre Builds

Pythadragon

Question

I've been playing around with a bunch of vapor spectres, and I am curious to know what combinations people have found useful.

Warframes*:

Rhino seems to be the best choice, simply for the fact that he seems to sometimes use iron skin, thus making him more durable.

*I was hoping that Trinity or Banshee would work out, but neither appeared to use their abilities enough to matter. Iron skin is nice because it doesn't have a duration.

Primaries*:

Amprex, Gorgon Wraith, and Boar Prime all seem to be pretty effective due to their crowd control procs (electric, impact, impact). Not sure if I found a clear winner here. 

*Despite its high proc rate, Grakata proved to be ineffective due to the AI "burst firing" the rifle rather than going full auto and exploiting the 20 shot per second fire rate.

Secondaries:

Castanas. AI is actually really really good with these. They have 100% electrical proc on explosion. If I could build a specter without a primary, I would (please add this!). Spectres using Castanas are awesome.

Melee:

I just went with Bo prime for low stamina usage and impact procs. I suspect that Lecta or Prova Vandal would also work well with electric procs.

Edited by Pythadragon

9 answers to this question

From my experiences in dark sector conflicts: go with an Ash specter with a Shuriken build.

Crazy-&#! bleed DoT from a fairly quiet, near-unavoidable attack that can be used by the specter at any range. Unless they toned down the bleed DoT without my knowledge.

the phage is actually not bad, i thought there might be a problem with them not focusing the beams but they actually focus them really fast, the only down side is that they do use burst fire 

Interesting. I will have to investigate this. Viral proc on it might also be nice.

From my experiences in dark sector conflicts: go with an Ash specter with a Shuriken build.

Crazy-@$$ bleed DoT from a fairly quiet, near-unavoidable attack that can be used by the specter at any range. Unless they toned down the bleed DoT without my knowledge.

Does he cast it often as your spectre though? I initially thought Trinity would be a great candidate due to getting screwed over in dark sector conflicts due to link, but as a spectre, she doesn't cast abilities enough to make it worthwhile.

Edited by Pythadragon

So you use specters as your allies in missions? i can't help with that

on the other side, when you really want to defend your dark sector, i found the most annoying to fight:

1. loki specter: the switch teleport is a pain in the @$$, especially when you use explosives. you shoot them, then they teleport, and BAM, you just blowed up yourself

2. trinity specter: as you said, might not use abilities often, but when she activates link on you, it is the second most annoying thing after the switch teleport.

3. ash specter: use his shuriken one time, and with the bleed proc he can OHK squishy caster frames

4. rhino specter: when they start blocking, they live forever

weapons:

blast proc: sometimes proc 3 times in a row, really annoying to face

magnetic proc: thanks God, it is not used that often, otherwise this would be the no.1 annoying gun

slash proc: if you don't have healing capabilities, you also might die to slash procs after a few fights, without even losing your shields

Does he cast it often as your spectre though? I initially thought Trinity would be a great candidate due to getting screwed over in dark sector conflicts due to link, but as a spectre, she doesn't cast abilities enough to make it worthwhile.

Oh, whoops, I thought you were referring to anti-player Specter builds for specters that you can spawn in rail conflicts. XD