Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Concept: Aether

(PSN)Zelgorath

This is my first time attempting to create a frame, so please be lenient :-)

The concept is that one of the Tenno returning from the void (before getting a warframe) displays similar abilities to the Ether weapons, namely they can produce them. They do so through the manipulation of radiation being focused into thin, sharp, ethereal blades. The frame that the Orokin designed around it was meant to restrain the deadly radiation eminating from AEther, as well as allow it to be focused into deadly weapons. AEther was so deadly to both the Sentients and the Infested, that she was locked away in cryosleep, long before the war had ended.

Power 1: Scythe
AEther releases an arc of radioactive energy that has innate punchthrough and a chance to proc bleed and radiation. The arc can puncture up to 4 enemies depending on rank, and can bounce off of surfaces. It can also shatter after exceeding bounces/punchthrough, creating a shower of sparks making a small AoE. Ability affected by range, efficiency, and power (AoE not affected by range).

Power 2: Reactor
AEther harnesses some of her power to augment her energy shield. Shield regeneration rate is increased, and total shield amount is increased as well. Ranged attacks that damage the shield ricochet away, irradiated and capable of damaging enemy units. If the shield is drained, it erupts into a fireball dealing a DoT. Melee against the shield does the total value of the shield as electrical damage to that unit with minor chain effect. While duration increases the duration of the shield capacity/regen increase, the effect ends when the shield explodes (shield automatically returns to normal levels). The ability also cannot be cast when their are no shields. Affected by efficiency and power (fireball affected by range).

Power 3: Breach
AEther deactivates the coolant in her frame allowing her to overheat. She takes damage over time while releasing a large persistent cloud of radioactive vapor. Enemies caught in this vapor take damage over time and a 100% chance to proc radiation. Amount of damage AEther takes is DECREASED with ranks. Duration increases the amount of time she continues to release the cloud and how long the cloud lingers. Enemies remaining in the cloud continue to recieve DoT. Damage to enemies affected by power. Size of cloud affected by range.

Power 4: Meltdown
AEther disables all saftey features of her frame dealing massive damage in her general area. For a set amaount of time, she will leave behind radioactive cores that burst into shrapnel, dealing slash damage with a chance to proc bleed and radiation. Cores can be shot to burst prematurely and have a small chance to leave behind health or energy orbs. Initial AoE explosion is affected by range, power, and efficiency. Orb persistence is affect by duration. It's damage is affected by power. Ability to drop orbs affected by duration. Number of orbs dropped per second affected by power. Orbs can damage other orbs.

I imagine this frame looking like steam punk kunoichi... maybe a cross between Valkyr, Mag, and Frosts Squall helm and the gases being expelled from his shoulders.

Feedback is appreciated! :-)

Please be kind and constructive.

Edited by (PS4)Zelgorath

1: awesome

2: awesome!

3: also awesome BUT being a continuous skill would make this a lot better :D

4: once again awesome!

probably would need fine tuning but this i could see in warframe :D +1 for you !

Thank you for taking the time to read it and give feed back (appreciate the part about changing a skill to continuous)!

Interesting ideas for powers (I do agree the third would have to be toggled and probably deal more damage to enemies than it does Aether) but lore-wise I'm not sure they actually make any more Tenno; they just find all the pre-existing ones in cryosleep. Still an interesting take on a Radiation frame, though.

Interesting ideas for powers (I do agree the third would have to be toggled and probably deal more damage to enemies than it does Aether) but lore-wise I'm not sure they actually make any more Tenno; they just find all the pre-existing ones in cryosleep. Still an interesting take on a Radiation frame, though.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in how I wrote it. I meant that she was one of the original Tenno, but that her powers were so disturbingly effective that she was put to cryosleep before the rest of her brethren.

2 might need to be toned down a little bit, you could chain it constantly for essentially unlimited heightened shields and a damage aura. Other than that I'm liking it!

Sorry, forgot to say that while duration increases the duration of the shield capacity/regen increase, the effect ends when the shield explodes (shield automatically returns to normal levels). The ability also cannot be cast when their are no shields.

Fun fact, Aether was also the name a a Greek deity (who was the personification of the element), and was the son of Erebus and....NYX!

That's really cool, I didn't know that. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and comment. It is really appreciated.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in how I wrote it. I meant that she was one of the original Tenno, but that her powers were so disturbingly effective that she was put to cryosleep before the rest of her brethren.

So she's a sort of lost Prime? I had an idea for something like that too.

Oberon is radiation

and rupture is the name of a mod,

so are you gonna just stick with the name overheat

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond. Updated the name of Power 2 from Rupture to Breach (as in breached reactor radiating energy)

oh one thing is it AEther or Aether

AEther would be my preference. I don't do computer graphics, but I draw. Working on some preliminary sketches.

So she's a sort of lost Prime? I had an idea for something like that too.

I didn't think of the idea of a lost Prime, but considering that she would've been one of the first, I guess it makes sense. DE would probably want to release the frame as a regular frame first then as a Prime, because who would want to work farming a prime to level a non-primed version later?

Lore-wise, an incomplete schematic could be found that allowed AEther to be crafted in Tenno Lab. Prime could drop later later from Orokin Derelict. I could see AEther rocking a prime primary weapon that could be what the Detron is derived from, with possibly an Ether Nikana and Ether Shuriken (slashing thrown secondary).

Edited by (PS4)Zelgorath

I didn't think of the idea of a lost Prime, but considering that she would've been one of the first, I guess it makes sense. DE would probably want to release the fram as a regular frame first then as a Prime, because who would want to work farming a prime to level a non-primed version later?

Lore-wise, an incomplete schematic could be found that allowed AEther to be crafted in Tenno Lab. Prime could drop later later from Orokin Derelict. I could see AEther rocking a prime primary weapon that could be what the Detron is derived from, with possibly an Ether Nikana and Ether Shuriken (slashing thrown secondary).

I actually had an idea for a new Frame that only came in Prime form. Technically it was just a new Warframe that for lore/flavor text reasons was a Prime, with the reasoning being that it was lost during the war with the Sentients before its powers could be understood enough to be replicated, so there was never a "normal" version made of it.